Forums

Topic: E3 2009:The Official Topic

Posts 41 to 60 of 188

Adam

I'm going to try G4. I figure most people who watch G4 do so on TV rather than on the web. It turns out I don't catch that channel though, unfortunately.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Twilight_Crow

@Adam
I'll watch it on Gamespot, the show will start in about two hours, I'll be in the computer meanwhile so I'll enter the chat now, I'll be around. Btw let me know your first impressions on "The after years" I haven't play FFIV so I'm on the fence for that one.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Adam

I haven't finished IV before, but I played enough to know I liked it, so I'll let you know what I think.

Come on, friends,

Stuffgamer1

Don't play After Years without playing and finishing FFIV! You'll get the story all out of whack! And believe me, as relatively early as FFIV was as RPG's go, it has a GREAT story you DON'T want to miss.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Adam

Have you played After Years, or do you know something about the plot? I plan on downloading it anyway because I'm not really one to care about spoilers -- a good story, in my mind, doesn't rely on surprises and can be read (or played) again and again. But if FFIV is released on VC before I finish After Years, I'll play through that first.

Come on, friends,

Stuffgamer1

What I know about the plot of After Years is that it's a direct sequel to FFIV, starring the child of two of the first game's main characters. If THAT isn't reason to finish the first story before playing the sequel, I don't know WHAT is! But I guess that's just me. You're welcome to do things COMPLETELY out of order if you REALLY want to.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Knux

I would be more then glad to play Final Fantasy IV before The After Years,but Nintendo hasn't released it on the VC yet,darn!

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Adam

Hey, I played MGS4 before any of the other MGS's, and I still loved it (and all the other games once I got around to them), so I think I'll be okay.

Come on, friends,

Stuffgamer1

@SuperSonic1990: Yes, and it's quite the lamentable situation. I'm playing FFIV on DS right now (or I was before I got COMPLETELY distracted by inFamous), and I've beaten it on PS1 before so I could play After Years any time I like by my standards.

@Adam: Yeah, that's cool, I guess. If you don't mind doing that sort of thing, go right ahead! I just put the warning out there in case you actually didn't know the potential ramifications somehow or something.

Adam

Stuff, I can see your messages, but you aren't getting ours. Sorry, don't know what's happening. (Referring to Chat)

Come on, friends,

Machu

re-inventing the wheel?!?

re-inventing the wii more like.

NATAL looks interesting, in fact, oh sh1t!

Rawr!

wanderlustwarrior

Long, long, LONG whistle at "Natal". Damn.

I use the same username on TVTropes and youtube. look me up!

My virginity is one thing, but I can't let the pedophiles have my Wii FriendCode®

Teppo_Holmqvist

Pretty neat piece of technology, although it requires some refinement. I just love the meltdowns on other forums.

Teppo_Holmqvist

jpfan1989

watching E3... holy shit!

3DS:: 1805 2437 5220
Nintendo Network ID PhoenixFalconer

Machu

Didn't like that 'waggle' reference they put in the b@st@rdo's.

Meh, I'm intrigued as to how popular that's gonna be with 'the hardcore'. I'm hoping what looks impressive now, will suck by the time we've seen the big N's plans.

Right frak you microsoft, I'm off to play Little King until about Ninty oclock 2moro. See you all then.

Rawr!

citizenerased

"Didn't like that 'waggle' reference they put in the b@st@rdo's."

I agree. It has some truth in it, but c'mon Microsoft, you wouldn't be announcing this "no controller" technology if it wasn't for the Wii.

Very good press conference. I wonder if Sony's already canceling their motion controller speech of tomorrow (apparently theirs was gonna be worst)

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Adam

It was an absolutely horrible conference except for Natal, and even then that was just a cue card for high skepticism. Not only that, but the thing doesn't have a proper name yet, most developers haven't seen this new technology... I would be pleasantly surprised if it's ready for Holiday 2010 even. The mini-games (especially paint) looked boring, though I understand they're just demos.

I really don't see this working as well as they claim since the only demonstrators were already familiar. A random person from the audience would have been much much more convincing. I'm definitely intrigued though and will be watching for this.

Still, I want to see that interactive character applied to a game before I'm sold. As amazing as it is as a technology, I don't need a virtual friend, and I don't think most people do (or should). It'll probably just be a pricey novelty if that's their best software behind it.

Now the real question: Can Nintendo top this?

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

citizenerased

Well, I think to summarize the press conference would be best to do this:

• Good Xbox360 games if you're already a fan of what they have. They kept the core games coming - 2 Halo's is something most MS fans are gonna be happy with. The line up did not convince me as non-Xbox360 gamer as the only games I wanted to play were multiplatform
  • Xbox Live is incredible, it really is. Some good Arcade games as well as continuing revolutionizing the online world. Nintendo's far, far behind on this one. Only problem is that you have to pay for it all, really.
  • MGS to Xbox... yup. If you care. The only surprise, really. Not a big surprise since lots of people saw it coming, but still.
  • Motion non-controller Nathan showed lots of promise IMO. If MS pushes it really well it could set the standard. But they failed to show any games for it so far. Still, they did take Nintendo's ideas and carried them on a lot further.

Milo is creepy. Maybe good for women focused on a career with no time to raise a kid on their own?
Celebrity appearances failed to impress (mostly because they don't seem to care for video games, and Tony Hawk said "this thing is full of technology". Okay.) and the guy presenting the second half of the show was booooring. Boring. Well, at least no charts and numbers.
That is all.

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Adam

According to me, Seattle Times is making up stuff:
"Prices and timing weren't available, but it won't be available until 2010 at the earliest and will probably cost around $200."
Emphasis added.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.