Forums

Topic: Wonderfull 101 demo impressions

Posts 41 to 60 of 110

NewbieOrNah

@MadAussieBloke I actually liked the MH demo, that was the sole reason I bought the game. I love the game.

NewbieOrNah

3DS Friend Code: 0318-8873-5118 | Nintendo Network ID: KingH3nrry

Captain_Toad

I'm hearing about consistent camera problems. Hopefully this gets remedied because this game looks awesome.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

banacheck

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

If you don't think a game by Hideki Kamiya won't have a hard mode or challenge, then you haven't played many games by him

Obviously you would know then there games have good combo systems, the blocking window is miles shorter than what it is in this game. Otherwise there games are usually not mindless button mashing, the longest combo is B+A & you honestly think thay'll be harder difficulty settings? hard & thats about it. Thay usually don't put a lot of crap on the HUB, with a tutorial popping up every two seconds, press L to get rid of it is pointless it just pops back up again, Viewtiful Joe is hard than this, and Bayonetta2 you'll find will be a lot harder than this if its anything like Bayonetta.

banacheck

NewbieOrNah

@mariobro4 As much as I didn't like the demo, I'll admit - I found the camera to be just fine. You could zoom in/out if you needed to.

NewbieOrNah

3DS Friend Code: 0318-8873-5118 | Nintendo Network ID: KingH3nrry

banacheck

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I wouldn't judge this game based on a demo. The Monster Hunter demo was crap but the actual game is awesome... W101 is obviously for hardcore gamers like me

Thats true, i've played other demos before where the game trun out really good. But as far combo's go there are none, this is a type of game that could have benefited from that, it gives the game more depth.

banacheck

SparkOfSpirit

There are people that think there won't be harder difficulty settings. Wow.

Anyway, I found a secret mission. Pretty neat stuff hidden in this demo.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

HandheldGuru97

It was a bit disappointing in my option. Found it quite hectic and I for the life of me couldn't figure out how to draw on the touch screen. (I did manage to do it with the right stick). Yet the demo has 19 uses left and I'll play it again and maybe it will grow on me. Still I hope this game does well

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

PloXyZeRO

I'm going to go Hollywood/Highland Center tomorrow to try out the demo at the Nintendo Tour...or whatever it's called
I hope it's actually fun! I'm deciding between buying this or Rayman Legends, because I only have enough money for one.

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

zoroarkrules25

I iked it but at first the controls are hard to control, after that though it's really fun. I'll buy the game when it comes out.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

TysonOfTime

Even better than what I played at PAX. I don't have any complaints yet. I played the Demo twice and got both secret missions.

@banacheck
It's troubling listening to your strange and unlikely assumtions...
Combos are definitely there, and there are MANY more that are unlocks, as Kamiya stated in today's ND.
At least a hard and Very hard difficulty settings are a definite. To assume otherwise of a Platinum action game is a blatant mistake.

If you found it troubling that the first level of a demo of a game on normal mode was easy...
Well...it's a bit silly to think the rest of the game will follow suit.

I thought the Demo was great, and I have high hopes for the rest of the game.
For me, its a definite buy.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Pesty

It's not my type of game to be honest, after trying the demo I was hoping It would sway me to buy it. But it didn't so I guess I'll leave it and get Ducktales and Rayman this month.

Edited on by Pesty

My Wii U has rejuvenated my faith in Nintendo. Big thumbs up...

TysonOfTime

RogueBologna wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Even better than what I played at PAX. I don't have any complaints yet. I played the Demo twice and got both secret missions.

Secrets? Any hints?

Jump down the bridge with tanks on it after it explodes, and after the Gas Truck incident, you should back-track

DELETE_ACCOUNT

I was impressed. This isn't my kind of game and I have enough games to play at the moment, but this will be a big seller for the Wii U and for people that like this pace of game, it's awesome after you take the time to learn how to control your players. This is great news for the Wii U.

DELETE_ACCOUNT

TheLilK98

To be honest, I'm a bit dissapointed. I've been following this game since it was project p-100. I love the gameplay but the camera is atrocious. I'm not really getting the drawing much either. can someone shed some light on this?

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

This was awesome. First off, I had absolutely no problems with the camera whatsoever like others have had. Secondly, I need to play this again with my glasses to give more accurate impressions. But what I played I loved. It's colorful, bright, hectic. I like it. Making unites with the right stick is a pain but I got the hang of it. I still need to get use to combat. I think most people will enjoy it the more they play it. It's fun.

MAN1AC

TheLilK98 wrote:

To be honest, I'm a bit dissapointed. I've been following this game since it was project p-100. I love the gameplay but the camera is atrocious. I'm not really getting the drawing much either. can someone shed some light on this?

Play the demo two or three times. On easy if you have to.
The first run through is rough and there is a lot going on but it will eventually click.

Once you get a grasp of what ur doing and what is going its a very fun and rewarding demo.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

TysonOfTime

Helpful hints to get the gameplay running smoother.

Pressing L zooms out the Camera which makes the angle issues nonexistent IMO.
When drawing a shape for a weapon, you press A after the coloured line appears.
When drawing links or recruit circles, you don't press anything.
Dashing puts your morph weapon away, yet you can still summon the same sized weapon if you attack quick enough after dashing.
BUTTON MASHING ISN'T ACTUALLY EFFECTIVE.

I recommend playing the demo multiple times. Games like this don't come to you automatically.
Whic just happens to be a constant in most of the games I love.

SparkOfSpirit

Yep, on the third go I found both secret missions and was much more used to the controls. This is a pretty hardcore game, but I haven't played a game like this in a while so it was fresh for me.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

TysonOfTime

Got a Platinum rank on my third try on Normal.
I really am liking this game so far.

A couple of friends of mine are coming over soon, so I'll force them to play and I'll give multiplayer impressions.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.