Forums

Topic: Wonderfull 101 demo impressions

Posts 101 to 110 of 110

Phatosaurus

Played it again today and got the gold rank at the end.
It works quite well with the off-screen play. The - button lets you flick between what should be on the TV/gamepad.

Did you know you can draw a circle around enemies when they're down to pick them up and throw them?
You can draw a circle around them before they die and recruit them too.

I really can't wait for the full game, I haven't enjoyed playing through a demo this much since, well, Fire Emblem earlier this year.

Edited on by Phatosaurus

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

19Robb92

Phatosaurus wrote:

You can draw a circle around them before they die and recruit them too.

Yeah, it's awesome I had a team filled with enemy robots during one of my playthroughs.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

HandheldGuru97

I've played through the demo again and fell in love with this game. A very fun solid game, sure it still has some issues. I might have to nab this one up. Still not sold 100%

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Relias

I would give it a 7 out of ten.. because while there was some problems with it.. it was still hugely fun.. (And these type of games are not my type.. and yet I still enjoyed it) I did have some problems with the camera.. and sometimes.. what I was trying to draw (Even though I had it perfect) did not pan out the way I planned.. but the graphics felt arcade like to me.. and the controls felt good.. I might buy this.. but it is .. not a pre order thing.. or a full price thing ) it left me thinking this is not the game Nintendo was looking for overall actually.. I am not sure this particular exclusive is going to do much for Wii U.. but be a nice exclusive most gamers might buy.. when there is nothing else to play.. and I definitely don't see this being the huge system seller.. Nintendo and it's fans are hoping for.. actually.. I see it being a disappointment for a lot of people... which is sad.. it has so much potential.. and is(can be hugely enjoyable)

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

3DS Friend Code: 4570-6835-5697

SuperNictendo

I loved the demo overall. A tad bit of a learning curve for some ot seems. But after spending 30 mins or so with the demo I wanted to delve deeper. Now that ive spent 2 days with it (I literally only played the demo these passed two days) I can get gold no problem. The combat is epic when u know what you're doing and the score system pushes you to learn the system better to finished battles faster and with more combos(cooler) instead of just, you know, button mashing (if u did how'd u get past the hoedown). Has anyone gotten a platinum trophy yet?

3DS FC:1118 0218 6083

PloXyZeRO

SuperNictendo wrote:

I loved the demo overall. A tad bit of a learning curve for some ot seems. But after spending 30 mins or so with the demo I wanted to delve deeper. Now that ive spent 2 days with it (I literally only played the demo these passed two days) I can get gold no problem. The combat is epic when u know what you're doing and the score system pushes you to learn the system better to finished battles faster and with more combos(cooler) instead of just, you know, button mashing (if u did how'd u get past the hoedown). Has anyone gotten a platinum trophy yet?

I have. The system is very similar to Viewtiful Joe's, and I played a LOT of Viewtiful Joe. In Viewtiful Joe, you're ranked on time, viewtifuls, and defense, which is like the time, combo, and damage in Wonderful 101. The platinum equivalent in Viewtiful Joe is a rainbow V ranking. I got rainbow V's throughout the ENTIRE game so I could unlock super characters, and Wonderful 101 has the same kind of system, so I adjusted pretty quickly. But then again, it's only normal difficulty. I'm sure it'll be MUCH harder with higher difficulties.

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

Kewlan

If anyone gets Pure Platinum in story mode, please send a picture!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

WebHead

The demo was wonderful, but I agree that the camera does need to be a little more zoomed out.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

DylanMcGrann

The demo has effectively crushed all of my interest in the game. I didn't like it. It's not horrible. It's just not very substantive.

DylanMcGrann

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner | Twitter:

PloXyZeRO

Kewlan wrote:

If anyone gets Pure Platinum in story mode, please send a picture!

I'll try again next weekend (I'm starting school now ), so I'll try to post it on Saturday

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.