Forums

Topic: Will Wii U take off this winter season?

Posts 121 to 140 of 327

skywake

WebHead wrote:

To those saying GTA V won't effect TW101 because it's on different platforms...do you mean to tell me not one single Wii U owner also has a PS3 and/or 360? lol.

No, not what anyone said. What I meant was that if a new Dreamworks animation came out at the same time as the new Christopher Nolan flick there wouldn't be a huge overlap in audiences. You couldn't reasonably argue that poor ticket sales of Shrek 8 were because everyone was dazed by Inception horns because they were targeting two different audiences. Is there overlap? sure. Is it that significant? I don't think so.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

PokeTune

Probably will take off for a little and then drop off the face of gaming again like before.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/CrossFactorComms/about
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX
Xbox Gamertag: DarkGameMasterX

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Mirror's Edge 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rare Replay
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

kkslider5552000

PokeTune wrote:

Probably will take off for a little and then drop off the face of gaming again like before.

Mario Kart alone will make more money than any of us will see in our lifetime so I doubt it.

also can you stop conveniently only posting to blast a single console, it's creepy

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

PokeTune wrote:

As far as I know, people were judging the console before anyone knew anything about anything. It's called jumping the gun, and it happened 1.4 years in advance this time.
Wii U "doom and gloom" is the most early gun-jump I've seen in the history of gaming in regards to unfounded criticism.

How posts like this still exist is more questionable than the post itself, in this case.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

mamp

but the Wii U will fall off the face of the Earth, after the next gen nintendo console comes out XD see what I did there.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

brooks83

DePapier wrote:

WebHead wrote:

DePapier wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Hmm...maybe it will, maybe it won't if it doesn't this year it probably will next year. To those saying GTA V won't effect TW101 because it's on different platforms...do you mean to tell me not one single Wii U owner also has a PS3 and/or 360? lol.

When you have the disposable income to buy a Wii U in its doom period while owning a PS3, surely you expect and can afford both. Does that answer your concern?

Yes but here's the thing: GTA V will get easily fives times whatever marketing TW101 gets. I can almost promise you the Wii U owners that have a PS3 or 360 will buy GTA V before they buy TW101. I'm not a GTA fan, but I tell it how I see it.

We've had this discussion before on these forums and you'd be amazed at how many of us are actually going for The Wonderful 101 instead.

On a Nintendo themed forum? Who would have thought?

brooks83

brooks83

SCAR392 wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

As far as I know, people were judging the console before anyone knew anything about anything. It's called jumping the gun, and it happened 1.4 years in advance this time.
Wii U "doom and gloom" is the most early gun-jump I've seen in the history of gaming in regards to unfounded criticism.

How posts like this still exist is more questionable than the post itself, in this case.

I plan on getting the Wii U, there are plenty of games on it that I am interested in. However, I think a lot of the criticism over the Wii U is not unfounded.

brooks83

SCRAPPER392

brooks83 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

I plan on getting the Wii U, there are plenty of games on it that I am interested in. However, I think a lot of the criticism over the Wii U is not unfounded.

I think it's unfounded, because the situation is completely phyically different in terms of hardware and people tend to not realize that at all.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

mamp

WaveBoy wrote:

I don't know about you guys, but I hope reggie takes it off this winter season.
Ah who am i kidding, he's too busy trembling in fear over the new upcoming(Insert 'stale & boring') competition.....
Untitled

I LOLed so hard at this milk is now on my computer screen XD

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

TheLilK98

WaveBoy wrote:

Ah who am i kidding, he's too busy trembling in fear over the new upcoming(Insert 'stale & boring') competition.....
Untitled

Yes. Just yes.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

DePapier

brooks83 wrote:

DePapier wrote:

WebHead wrote:

DePapier wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Hmm...maybe it will, maybe it won't if it doesn't this year it probably will next year. To those saying GTA V won't effect TW101 because it's on different platforms...do you mean to tell me not one single Wii U owner also has a PS3 and/or 360? lol.

When you have the disposable income to buy a Wii U in its doom period while owning a PS3, surely you expect and can afford both. Does that answer your concern?

Yes but here's the thing: GTA V will get easily fives times whatever marketing TW101 gets. I can almost promise you the Wii U owners that have a PS3 or 360 will buy GTA V before they buy TW101. I'm not a GTA fan, but I tell it how I see it.

We've had this discussion before on these forums and you'd be amazed at how many of us are actually going for The Wonderful 101 instead.

On a Nintendo themed forum? Who would have thought?

Listen, brooks, we're here talking about people who own both the Wii U & a PS360 and they are prefering the Wii U game. Tell me what friend of yours that have a PS360 and is eager to buy GTA V:
1. even owns a Wii U
2. even knows what The Wonderful 101 is.
I'll be waiting.

shingi_70

I hope it takes off but I think it would stand a better chance with Mario Kart this year and something like wii party U pushed back. I will say despite that the wii u line up is like the best of Nintendo they could do in such a small time frame.

Have to say despite this and being $500 the Xbox One is looking to be the console to beat on games alone. Mabe that will change tonight but who knows,

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

MAB

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled

The dynamic duo could possibly rid the gaming industry of the evil dodgy used car salesman bros

Untitled
Untitled

MAB

DePapier

uptownsoul wrote:

Wow I didn't think the GTA V-W101 would get this big.  But I do think Nintendo is crazy to release W101 the same week as GTA V in the US.  All of the anecdotal arguments of which one of you few, few people will get 101 over GTA aside, the numbers are rather definitive.  As of Aug 3, 2013 the W101 had 2,804 preorders (Link 1).  Now that may have grown since then but I doubt it'll get to 64,000 by launch.  64,000 is the preorders that pikmin 3 had in the US just before launch (link2), and the jury's still out on how much impact the game will have on console sales.  W101 won't even reach that tangible level of enthusiasm, thus probably a lesser impact.  IMO, I think the W101 would fare better were it to drop same time as Europe, in Aug.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251211/usa-preorders-chart-3-...

Link 1 — is in the 3rd paragraph after the 3 line graphs

Link 2 — #16 on the top 40 US charts

Sigh... I'll just leave the argument there, I'm getting tired of it. See you September 15th.

Edited on by DePapier

DePapier

uptownsoul wrote:

In fact the most current charts show no preorders for 1st party wii U games, or 3rd party either. Now preorders aren't the end all-be all. But preorders are the clearest, most tangible way to see enthusiasm for an up coming game. Where is the enthusiasm for any future wii U title?  Show me a wiiU preorder in the top 40.  There is no tangible, statistical evidence of ANY enthusiasm for the future of the Wii U, AT ALL.

vgchartz.com/preorders/41497/USA/

OK. You tell how you pre-order a platform that's already on shelves.

IIaprghwrughapiw

It'll probably at least get a million sales. With all the games coming out for it, you know?

Although I'm not sure how much it can take off with the PS4 and Xbox One coming out this year.

IIaprghwrughapiw

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

I hope it takes off but I think it would stand a better chance with Mario Kart this year

I'd like to believe the developers had enough pride to not have a horribly rushed Mario Kart AGAIN, And besides, the rest of the year is fine as is for the system and they need a big title for early next year so it doesn't lose momentum.

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

I hope it takes off but I think it would stand a better chance with Mario Kart this year

I'd like to believe the developers had enough pride to not have a horribly rushed Mario Kart AGAIN, And besides, the rest of the year is fine as is for the system and they need a big title for early next year so it doesn't lose momentum.

I'm glad its getting time to be polished. I wonder what else Nintendo has for early next year besides Mario Kart and Bayonetta 2.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

I'm glad its getting time to be polished. I wonder what else Nintendo has for early next year besides Mario Kart and Bayonetta 2.

I'd bet on another HD remake or two. If I had to take a guess, probably Mario Sunshine.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.