Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 996

retropunky

Spoony_Tech wrote:

PKpunky wrote:

Any thoughts on Resident Evil: Revelations for Wii U? I want to take advantage of the sale, I just can't make up my mind whether to get it here or on the 3DS. I've tried the demos, and they're both quite good imo.

Do you have the cpp for the 3ds version? If so I say get that version. From what I hear the Wii U version wasn't that big of a leap if at all and the 3d depth of the 3ds is just too good. Be warned of the file size on the 3ds version though.

I don't have the cpp, so I assume it might be better to have it though it's not required. Hmm, the file size was also a factor, I'm short on space on my 3DS. The Wii U version is in the lead so far! Cool, thanks for your input!

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

shingi_70

What three games would you recommend to a starting Wii U owener. I'll be getting the 3D World bundle and want three games to grab with it. My top picks are

Super Smash Brothers for 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Wind Waker HD/Hyrule Warriors
Sonic Lost World

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

jariw

shingi_70 wrote:

What three games would you recommend to a starting Wii U owener. I'll be getting the 3D World bundle and want three games to grab with it. My top picks are

Mario Kart 8
Sonic Lost World

Smash Bros. for Wii U would work much better with the Wii U.

Of the games you mention, I'd probably pick Smash, MK8 and Hyrule Warriors. Or replace Hyrule Warriors with Wind Waker HD if you haven't played it.

jariw

Quto732

Just out of curiosity; about the Amiibo's. There's a data space issue with the amiibo's, correct? Would it be ideal then to create a free Wii U Amiibo App that can save data from amiibo's and hang onto that said data? It would be a hassle, but it's better to train an amiibo in smash bros. until it reaches level 50, only to lose all of that progress when you can't buy another amiibo figure because nintendo discontinues a specific one you need to buy a double of? It's a suggestion or a thought to just set a space aside somewhere on the Wii U to hold onto Amiibo data.

Quto732

Spoony_Tech

shingi_70 wrote:

Mario Kart 8
Sonic Lost World

Are you a Pikmin fan. I still really love that game. Plus if you have someone to play it with it can go a long ways. Just me and my son alone have put well over 100 hours in the multiplayer. Kart 8 is also a must but if you have the 3ds version of Smash maybe you should hold off on the U version at least initially and go with Tropical Freeze or Zombie U.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shingi_70

Cool i'll probably go with Smash and and MK8. The bundle i'm getting comes with 3D world and Nintendo Land which all should me till Splatoon.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

jump

If it's just 3 games then Smash Bros as it has a lot ot content and pick up and play to it, Bayonetta 2 as it comes with 1 so more bang for your buck and Super Mario 3D World as I personally see it as the best Wii U game but since that's included then I would go with Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze or Lego Marvel for added variety.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

unrandomsam

Smash Bros Wii U
Mario Kart 8 (Maybe I wouldn't for myself but people who are not me seem to love it).
Tropical Freeze

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

ixnine

So far I have Super Smash Bros. U, Super Mario 3D World, and New Super Mario Bros. U. I have a Best Buy gift card and I'm trying to decide between:

• the Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Suggestions?

ixnine

Twitter:

jariw

ixnine wrote:

So far I have Super Smash Bros. U, Super Mario 3D World, and New Super Mario Bros. U. I have a Best Buy gift card and I'm trying to decide between:

• Mario Kart 8

Suggestions?

Since you have 2 platformers already, perhaps WW:HD or MK8? If you haven't played WW and line Zelda games, get WW:HD.
MK8 is a great choice, specially if you plan to play online or locally with a friend. MK8 also has a fantastic DLC package.

But OTOH, Tropical Freeze is a fantastic platformer.

jariw

Spoony_Tech

jariw wrote:

ixnine wrote:

• Mario Kart 8

Suggestions?

Since you have 2 platformers already, perhaps WW:HD or MK8? If you haven't played WW and line Zelda games, get WW:HD.
MK8 is a great choice, specially if you plan to play online or locally with a friend. MK8 also has a fantastic DLC package.

But OTOH, Tropical Freeze is a fantastic platformer.

Everything this person said! Zelda definitely first if never played and then the rest in the same order.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

mrprince

Before E3 of 2014, Nintendo released a list of games hidden on the internet. It was taken down and believed to be gone forever. This list was recently just discovered once again by unknown sources.. Release Dates and Game Titles may have changed since then, but games in some series that haven't been announced yet are on this list. Spoilers ahead for some games. The list contains only games from previous series, therefore no new games like Splatoon. No third party games are on here either. Enjoy.

Yoshi's Wooly World - 2015 (WII U)

Metroid Prime: Fugitive - 2016 (WII U)

Hyrule Warriors - September 26, 2014 (WII U)

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Mario & Luigi : Curse of the Koopa King (3DS)

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - 2015 (WII U)

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - 2016 (WII U) (3DS)

Pikmin : Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2 - 2017 (New3DS)

Mario vs. Donkey Kong : Tipping Stars - 2015 (WII U) (3DS)

StarFox Elite - 2015 (WII U)

Fire Emblem If - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Maker - 2015 (WII U)

Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask 3D - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Party 10 - 2015 (WII U)

Xenoblade Chronicles X - 2015 (WII U)

Super Smash Bros. 3DS - October 3, 2014 (3DS)

Super Smash Bros. Wii U - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Major Wario - 2016 (New3DS)

Legend of Zelda - Valley of the Golden Throne - 2015 (WII U)

F-Zero Turbo - 2015 (New3DS)

F-Zero: Ultimate X - 2016 (WII U)

Those games listed above will release in the coming times. Release Dates may change. A new Kirby 3DS game was scrapped. A new Mario Kart HD remake was put on hold for a possible future console. Mario & Sonic at the World Cup will release during the next World Cup time. That is all!

mrprince

Spoony_Tech

That's quite an interesting list for sure. I would love for all of it to be true. I'll have to remember this when some of these ultimately get announced and see if the names match up. If that Metroid game is true................sorry, had to change my underwear there. Yeah, please be true!

MERG said:

jariw

mrprince wrote:

Before E3 of 2014, Nintendo released a list of games hidden on the internet. It was taken down and believed to be gone forever. This list was recently just discovered once again by unknown sources.

"Joined 9 hours ago" - just to post this spam?

jariw

Barely_able

I think I am going to finally dive in on the Wii U (I can get quite a few games from Club Nintendo so I am treating that as a discount rather than to waste the coins on 3DS games I will never play) and had a question about control options. I am thinking about getting Smash or Mario Kart but want to know if I will need/should get the pro controller for either of those. I don't really want to drop $50 on the controller right now if I don't need to considering that can net you a game, but I assume for Smash it will be the best way to go. Thanks in advance.

Barely_able

jump

Barely_Able wrote:

I think I am going to finally dive in on the Wii U (I can get quite a few games from Club Nintendo so I am treating that as a discount rather than to waste the coins on 3DS games I will never play) and had a question about control options. I am thinking about getting Smash or Mario Kart but want to know if I will need/should get the pro controller for either of those. I don't really want to drop $50 on the controller right now if I don't need to considering that can net you a game, but I assume for Smash it will be the best way to go. Thanks in advance.

You don't really need a pro-controller, the gamepad works fine for both of them. If people are coming round to play locally you may need to get another controller but you can use wii remotes for both games or a 3DS as well for Smash.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Barely_able

arronishere wrote:

You don't really need a pro-controller, the gamepad works fine for both of them. If people are coming round to play locally you may need to get another controller but you can use wii remotes for both games or a 3DS as well for Smash.

Thanks. I could use the wii classic controller if I really am not feeling the game pad.

Barely_able

Tasuki

Barely_Able wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Thanks. I could use the wii classic controller if I really am not feeling the game pad.

I use the Wii Classic Controller for Mario Kart 8 and I dont have any problems with it. In fact I dont need the Wii U Pro controller for it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MisterMan

Barely_Able wrote:

I have a Pro Controller, but I actually prefer the Gamepad for Mario Kart. I usually don't opt for the Gamepad over the Pro Controller, but for Mario Kart it's really great.

Edited on by MisterMan

MisterMan

gcunit

mrprince wrote:

Before E3 of 2014, Nintendo released a list of games hidden on the internet. It was taken down and believed to be gone forever. This list was recently just discovered once again by unknown sources.. Release Dates and Game Titles may have changed since then, but games in some series that haven't been announced yet are on this list. Spoilers ahead for some games. The list contains only games from previous series, therefore no new games like Splatoon. No third party games are on here either. Enjoy.

Yoshi's Wooly World - 2015 (WII U)

Metroid Prime: Fugitive - 2016 (WII U)

Hyrule Warriors - September 26, 2014 (WII U)

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Mario & Luigi : Curse of the Koopa King (3DS)

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - 2015 (WII U)

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - 2016 (WII U) (3DS)

Pikmin : Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2 - 2017 (New3DS)

Mario vs. Donkey Kong : Tipping Stars - 2015 (WII U) (3DS)

StarFox Elite - 2015 (WII U)

Fire Emblem If - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Maker - 2015 (WII U)

Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask 3D - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Party 10 - 2015 (WII U)

Xenoblade Chronicles X - 2015 (WII U)

Super Smash Bros. 3DS - October 3, 2014 (3DS)

Super Smash Bros. Wii U - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Major Wario - 2016 (New3DS)

Legend of Zelda - Valley of the Golden Throne - 2015 (WII U)

F-Zero Turbo - 2015 (New3DS)

F-Zero: Ultimate X - 2016 (WII U)

Those games listed above will release in the coming times. Release Dates may change. A new Kirby 3DS game was scrapped. A new Mario Kart HD remake was put on hold for a possible future console. Mario & Sonic at the World Cup will release during the next World Cup time. That is all!

What about HL3? You missed HL3, damn you!

Mario & Sonic at the World Cup? That will be in 2018. Hmmmm.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic