Forums

Topic: What if Link is gender neutral?

Posts 181 to 200 of 317

mamp

@ClockworkMario That or he's advertising for Hyrule Warriors LOL

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Aviator

mamp wrote:

Unless Nintendo is ok with letting you have homosexual relationships (which they won't cuz they're kid friendly)

And gays aren't kid friendly?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

PrincessSugoi

Didn't Nintendo issue an apology for the Tomodachi debacle and implied that if the next game has same-sex marriage they'll leave it alone? I'm pretty sure they only took it out in the first place because certain Americans would have likely made a fuss about it.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

SleepyCrossing

Wait so... Link ISN'T already a lesbian!? I jest, I jest. I believe that Link is still a male, but anything is possible. After all, Nintendo is leaps and bounds ahead of other companies in terms of gender inclusiveness.

A fun fact: "Snooty" female villagers in Animal Crossing: New Leaf sometimes ask male players if they wear makeup; upon answering yes they will proclaim, "It is insert year 3DS & game are set to and boys are wearing makeup! I say deal with it!" Quote might be off a bit, I wrote that from memory..

3DS (Playing): Bravely Default, Conception II, DKCR, SMT:IV
3DS Wishlist: Kirby TD, Smash, Pokemon AS, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, Etrian Odyssey Untold
Wii U (Playing): Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3U, DKCTF, Zombi U, Shovel Knight
Wii U Wishlist: Bayonetta 2, Hy...

mamp

Aviator wrote:

mamp wrote:

Unless Nintendo is ok with letting you have homosexual relationships (which they won't cuz they're kid friendly)

OMG that came out so wrong (not against gay ppl whatsoever). It's not that gays aren't kid friendly, it's more like parents will overreact which is why there is yet to be any gay representation in mainstream kid media. That or they have the occasional person who acts gay but it's never actually admitted that they are (Disney Channel tends to do this a lot). Hoping for the day this won't be an issue but so far it is :/

Edited on by mamp

Oragami

This is the most infuriating thread I have ever read on here. It seems that if you don't exactly agree with certain people's opinions, then you are a sexist, a homophobe, etc. That's absolutely ridiculous. Even if the other side has a valid argument, they are a sexist/homophobe.
Also, I am seeing again that there seem to be TWO CERTAIN PEOPLE ganging up on a CERTAIN INDIVIDUAL like THEY always do. It's childish.

And to the people suggesting all of these options, like gender choosing, gay/lesbian relationships, etc., that seems a bit too in depth for a Zelda game. I understand where you are coming from, but I just don't think that fits Zelda games very well.

I usually hate when mods lock threads, but this thread needs to be locked.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

mamp

I think I second the lockdown too. Let us use a summoning spell to call out TBD and all her glorious splendor.

OptometristLime

I really like your post @Oragami
IMHO the emphasis on being inclusive and relevant to the times (which frankly, I play games to escape from reality), has been completely undermined by an unwillingness to listen; or accept/expect any sort of rebuttal from users in the de facto wrong category.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

SCRAPPER392

Ya, this thread is pretty fail. I'm not against the idea of having whatever you want from a game, but this whole subject spans almost every game in existence. Say Gears of War, for example. There are girls on your team, but they force you to play as certain characters during the campaign. No one is trying to keep options from anyone.

Look at Tomb Raider and Uncharted, for example. We all know what gender each one of those games has as the main character. I know it's kind of off topic, but Tomb Raider is a better game than Uncharted, and it's not because Lara Croft is a woman.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

camerica1618

Aviator wrote:

mamp wrote:

No.

camerica1618

Aviator

camerica1618 wrote:

Aviator wrote:

mamp wrote:

No.

Explain.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

camerica1618

Aviator wrote:

camerica1618 wrote:

Aviator wrote:

mamp wrote:

No.

Explain.

I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this.....I'll just make it simple. I believe it's wrong, and I don't think kids should be influenced by it. Inserting it into a beloved game franchise would give millions of children the wrong idea.

camerica1618

shingi_70

camerica1618 wrote:

Aviator wrote:

mamp wrote:

No.

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Dreamz

Back on topic, I actually rather like the idea of leaving Link's gender ambiguous for the next. It seems to be the best compromise between the maleLink/femLink camps. The only hard part would be writing all the dialog without ever referring to Link with a pronoun.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

AlexSays

camerica1618 wrote:

Aviator wrote:

mamp wrote:

No.

hahaha

Avi thank you for setting this up.

AlexSays

skywake

camerica1618 wrote:

I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this.....I'll just make it simple. I believe it's wrong, and I don't think kids should be influenced by it. Inserting it into a beloved game franchise would give millions of children the wrong idea.

Thanks Cory Bernardi for your input into this discussion....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Aviator

skywake wrote:

camerica1618 wrote:

Thanks Cory Bernardi for your input into this discussion....

Thumbs up for quality Australian reference.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

FriedSquid

camerica1618 wrote:

I believe it's wrong, and I don't think kids should be influenced by it. Inserting it into a beloved game franchise would give millions of children the wrong idea.

Isn't that what they usually say about violence in video games?

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.