Forums

Topic: $102 Game pad repair!

Posts 21 to 40 of 91

LzWinky

mr_shanetastic wrote:

I like game pad but it's way too big, screen doesn't compare to quality of any other touchscreen a consumer may own, and is too expensive. $100 for a repair, how much if I lost it or something!.

You should get an iPhone and break it in one drop. Then you'll see some real expensive repair

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

GuSolarFlare

Unca_Lz wrote:

mr_shanetastic wrote:

I like game pad but it's way too big, screen doesn't compare to quality of any other touchscreen a consumer may own, and is too expensive. $100 for a repair, how much if I lost it or something!.

You should get an iPhone and break it in one drop. Then you'll see some real expensive repair

no kidding, those things break by falling from less than 0.5m(saw it happen more than once)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

LzWinky

Not to mention Apple charges ridiculous prices for repair. Their base repair price is higher than Nintendo's (or at least it was a couple of years ago)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DexInDaJungle

Super_Gravy wrote:

@GuSilverFlame: I don't know about that. Sony never have problem with Playstation brand names. Nintendo never have problem with NES, SNES, then N64. But they got problem with Gamecube. Microsoft going follow the trend as well. I agreed that they should put "Nintendo" brand name on the product rather than calling Wii or Wii U. I think they trying to bring Wii U from Wii but its seem to cause confusions for some reasons which is strange since Playstation, Xbox and even old Nintendo before Gamecube have no problem with this method.

Okay this might surprise you, maybe you won't even believe me. But I ran into a group of people at my local gamestop who were looking to purchase a PS4. They were trading in a bunch of PS3 games so it took the clerk some time to figure out how much trade in credit they were getting and so on. While they were waiting, they found the Wii U section and started discussing the games and I kid you not, they thought that the Wii U was just the Gamepad. They thought that all you had to buy was the gamepad and that it would work with the original Wii and that all the games labeled Wii U are just Wii games that require the gamepad like the Xbox Kinect games. And after they left it was my turn to buy my copy of Dead Rising 3 and I was talking to the guy clerk and he said that apparently that is very common. Now you could blame the misinformed consumer or you could blame Nintendo for bad marketing but either way, this maybe be an issue for them that no one is talking about.

Edited on by LzWinky

Twitter:

Super_Gravy

@DexInDaJungle: I'm not surprised at all and maybe Nintendo should change the name "Wii U" to "Wii2" similar to iPhone, and Playstation models or Nintendo "something". We can't blame it on misinformed consumers no matter how dumb you think they are. We have to clear it up or break it down easily for them to understand what is the difference between Wii and Wii U. Its could be delivery problem from marketing just like you said.

How is Dead Rising 3? I assuming you got Xbox One and how you like the system?

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

DexInDaJungle

Unca_Lz wrote:

Not to mention Apple charges ridiculous prices for repair. Their base repair price is higher than Nintendo's (or at least it was a couple of years ago)

I don't own a Wii U but isn't the touch screen made out of plastic? Don't yell at me if I'm wrong but I am pretty sure it is. Apple products are made out of glass, or at least the touch screens are. So that is probably why it costs way more.

Twitter:

DexInDaJungle

Super_Gravy wrote:

@DexInDaJungle: I'm not surprised at all and maybe Nintendo should change the name "Wii U" to "Wii2" similar to iPhone, and Playstation models or Nintendo "something". We can't blame it on misinformed consumers no matter how dumb you think they are. We have to clear it up or break it down easily for them to understand what is the difference between Wii and Wii U. Its could be delivery problem from marketing just like you said.

Well lets just say I was quite surprised by how well the Kinect actually works. I usually get all three major home consoles over time in order to get the best gaming experience. The Xbox One was the first one I purchased due to a slightly better line up than the PS4. So far, I don't regret my purchase and I am having so much fun with Dead Rising 3. I kinda hate the whole time limit gimmick because there is so much to do and try in the game, I feel like you have to play through it multiple times in order to be able to try out all the different weapon combos.

Twitter:

Ecto-1

@Super_Gravy Wow, really? I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info.

@JohnRedcorn Sorry, I thought you meant you had to use the gamepad to turn the system on. I do wish you could use the console with out the gamepad turning on and wearing out its battery while I play something like Monster Hunter where I prefer the Pro controller. You can use the browser to an extent with Pro (and to a lesser extent, a Wiimote). That actually is probably my biggest criticism of the OS; I wish that it's controllers were supported throughout the OS, rather than you can use any controller in Miiverse or the friendslist, but in the Web Browser they only work to an extent, and the System Settings and eShop are GamePad only.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

xThomas

I'm personally adamant that Nintendo NEVER should have taken the gamble with the Gamepad. Nintendo themselves only did so after the huge success of the Wii.
A lot of people think the 'casuals' have left the Wii for things like smartphones and tablets. I think Nintendo could have captured at least 1/3 of the old market.

Nevertheless, it is too late to cut out the Gamepad, if they really are developing big AAA games with it in mind. Unless they're willing to admit to every consumer and retailer they're wrong, and take possibly a billion dollar cut in recalls and warranties and who knows what to fix it. (Not like Sega, who fails at hardware). Personally, I would have released the Wii U with something that complements the wii remote motion control and doubled down, made myself the real expert. If only Nintendo had made the Kinect instead of Microsoft

xThomas

DexInDaJungle

xThomas wrote:

If only Nintendo had made the Kinect instead of Microsoft

God I never thought someone would ever say that on this forum lol Unless you were kidding, which I don't think you were, thats pretty taboo around these parts xD Its gonna be very interesting to see what happens with Microsoft over the next few years, especially if Nintendo doesn't change up their game plan soon. Will Microsoft be able to attract that casual gamer that the Wii managed to get a hold of?

Twitter:

Super_Gravy

@DexInDaJungle: Well I think casual crowd like to try out things which probably why people love the Wii in the first place. I think they might get Kinect because they want to try it out.

GuSolarFlare

Super_Gravy wrote:

@DexInDaJungle: Well I think casual crowd like to try out things which probably why people love the Wii in the first place. I think they might get Kinect because they want to try it out.

I think the casuals are looking for cheap fun that's why they are going mobile the device is more expensive(kinda) but there are tons of crappy shovelware with a few rare gems in the middle and all for "free" the word free does things with people who aren't serious about whatever they're trying

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SCRAPPER392

@JohnRedCorn
You can still access the browser, without the GamePad. You're right about the settings and eShop, though.

You can use the Pro controller, Wii remote, and even a USB keyboard on the browsee. It's not all that convenient, compared to the GamePad, though. There's a tutorial.

EDIT: BTW, it isn't wrong to want more controller support, for certain things. It's just that the GamePad is the core focus of the system, for the OS, so they don't expect people to want to use something else. Accessing the eShop snd settings with a Wii remote will probably happen, eventually, but they haven't gotten to that wider support yet. Just look at Wii mode, for example. Your Wii games can be played on the GamePad, and it wasn't like that on launch, but was clearly a planned addition.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Kyloctopus

$102?
That's cheaper than I originally thought. I could've sworn the repair price was $140.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

DexInDaJungle

Kyloctopus wrote:

$102?
That's cheaper than I originally thought. I could've sworn the repair price was $140.

I believe the price of each gamepad is $180 if you need it replaced so $100 for repairs seems a bit outrageous to me. I wonder, did that include shipping costs cause I assume you also have to pay for that. Edit: Looked up the weight, its actually less heavy than I was told.

Edited on by DexInDaJungle

Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

I think they're going to start selling separate GamePads, when Mario Kart 8 comes out, at the very least. They already said that 12 player local is going to happen. That means a second GamePad would be required. However, I think it will 6 players per console, so 12 player local would require 2 GamePads and 4 Pro or Wii remotes(w/ nunchuck), per console, and 2 Wii U consoles that hook up, via wireless LAN.

The only reason why a GamePad costs so much, is because they don't sell them separately. It will probably costs $80-100 when they sell them separately, because more dual GamePad features will be available, along side that. At E3 2011, they said that you could play 2 games at once, but it really depends on what those 2 games are. It would be totally possible to play CoD Ghosts, and watch Netflix on the second GamePad, for example.

Wii U's GPGPU can support up to 6 screens, but the CPU can only, effectively, support 2 at once. That's why they won't do more than 2.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

LzWinky

Super_Gravy wrote:

Are people stupid for thinking the Super Nintendo wasn't a new system? How about the Game Boy Color? Game Boy Advance?

Super_Gravy

@Unca_Lz: My point is that we know they are stupid or misinformed but we can't do just blame it on them. It is like saying we should blame it on the customers because they are not buying our products. That is why I said in earlier post on the first page that it is odd people got confusion with Wii and Wii U.

DexInDaJungle

I really don't think they are stupid, I just think that the consumer was not properly educated when it comes to these consoles in Europe and North America. You turn on your TV these days and see commercials every 10-15 minutes about the PS4 and Xbox One. They both made deals with the NBA, NFL, WWE and UFC to promote their consoles. There are billboard dedicated to these consoles but no where did I see anything about the Wii U outside of the internet. So yes, they are misinformed, maybe they didn't care as much as we did to do the research on a Nintendo console. Or maybe the marketing for the console was atrocious.

Twitter:

LzWinky

Actually you can blame the customers for not buying. If they choose not to buy it, that's their fault (at least partially)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.