Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 8,321 to 8,340 of 15,210

Tyranexx

erv wrote:

Well, the game isn't called breath of civilisation...

"Breath of Dystopia" probably seemed a bit too dark, so they went with "Wild".

I think this thread is what's been keeping this forum afloat lately.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Haru17

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Breath of Civilization sounds like Sid Meier spinoff where the Dekus have an on-again-off-again war with the Rito,

But flying type attacks are super-effective against grass species!

while the Zoras act all buddy buddy until you invent trains. Then they try to attack you with regular soldiers

When routed, they channel a river spell and summon a wave that crashes into the Hylian train as it crosses Zora River. The water crashes into the train, pushing it off of the bridge tracks and drowning it in the river like freakin' Arwen when she has to protect her BF's halfling boi.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

Imagine having such an ego that you put your name in the title of all your games. I refuse to buy any Sid Meier games on principle.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

Clive Barker's Jericho.

And, to be fair, I think most of the Tom Clancy games are posthumous.

Tyranexx

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Breath of Civilization sounds like Sid Meier spinoff where the Dekus have an on-again-off-again war with the Rito, while the Zoras act all buddy buddy until you invent trains. Then they try to attack you with regular soldiers, but you're sitting high an mighty with a howitzer or two. Then you build the Temple of Time and achieve cultural victory.

If there are also Gorons and Picori, then I'm sold!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

kkslider5552000

I'm shocked David Cage hasn't put his name in his games' titles yet. I just realized that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

Sid Meier wrote his name on his wife. Just to be sure.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm shocked David Cage hasn't put his name in his games' titles yet. I just realized that.

You know, I would greatly appreciate it if he did. Then I'd always know which games he's ruined without having to waste my time watching the trailers.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Haru17

Could we please in any way talk about the game (theoretically) at hand, friends? I'd rather not quibble about Beyond Rainy Souls.

Octane

And so it begins...

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/kojiparapa/e/0b8be29cf77f169d3cd7bd2912...

WII U版、『ゼルダの伝説 ブレス オブ ザ ワイルド』開発難航を理由に経営陣が激怒し、開発中止との報道。

Wii U version of Zelda : Breath of the Wild cancelled ! Reason is technical problem on development. Decision taken by Top Management.

Amazon, Biccamera等はWiiU版を削除!
There is also massive cancellation of pre-order from Amazon, Biccamera, Yamada Denki... Game no more listed on homepage.

正式報告を待っている。
Waiting for official confirmation by Nintendo

Octane

Haru17

@Octane OH $%*@ WHAT!? I was just googling the game longingly, too. People are going to be SO MAD!!!

Can you speak to the credibility of that source?

Edited on by Haru17

Octane

@Haru17 I can't. Take it with a huge grain of salt though. We've seen the game running on Wii U, so I don't know how much truth there is to this rumour. Guess we'll learn more soon if it's actually true.

Octane

Haru17

@Octane Well, I presume it would be referencing performance in the later, more intensive and chaotic stages of the game. I wonder how the late game boss fights are running, for example. We'll have to wait and see but

For the record, I did find this article from two days ago: https://mynintendonews.com/2016/12/12/amazon-zelda-breath-of-... Amazon pre-orders seem to be up and running ATM though.

Edited on by Haru17

Octane

@Haru17 Not the Japanese Amazon though, I think that's what that blog post was referencing to. I've seen some people speculate that Nintendo may cancel just the Wii U version in Japan, or maybe just the physical versions. That would still be pretty stupid in my opinion, but at least more believable.

Octane

Shinion

So can anyone who can read Japanese vet this source for their credibility? Because if not then I'm surprised that this was taken seriously for even a second, let alone by a mod. Might as well start giving credence to any random YouTube/Gamefaqs comments if we're giving this any attention without even attempting to ascertain their credibility.

Now that I have that logic bit thrown out there for y'all, ima just gonna til my head back and laugh at anyone who still thinks this is being cancelled after thy showed it yet again only 2 weeks ago at a rather heavily watched event...

• commences said laughter *

Shinion

Luna_110

Sigh.... We know the Wii U's dead, but does Nintendo really need to treat it this way? Its like kicking an injured puppy in the middle of the street.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

TuVictus

It's awful, but I would probably giggle quite a bit if that came to pass. I don't expect it to, but wow, the laughs I would have at such a sad situation.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Haru17

I just want the Wii U to be over and for Nintendo to stop acting that lethargic.

veeflames

I thought the internet already concluded it was dead.... long before now, in fact.
EDIT: Just saw the rumors. For some reason I'm not as surprised as I should be.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic