Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,781 to 6,800 of 27,917

Joeynator3000

Squid wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Also, those of you acting like Ridley is deconfirmed are using logic equally as poor as those who think he's playable. THIS. CONFIRMS. NOTHING. All we know is that Ridley is implemented in some form, and Sakurai has hinted that he's a stage boss. Didn't anyone else think it was strange he DIDN'T ACTUALLY SHOW RIDLEY? And considering the Palutena prank he pulled with the trophy, I'd say he's more than aware enough of our expectations to toy around with Ridley fans and haters alike at a master level. Assume nothing. Ridley is in the game, we just don't know how or how many times, yet.

But it's obvious that Ridley was the boss character for the Pyrosphere. Yes it was only a silhouette but if it isn't Ridley then who else could it be?

The fact that Ridley has been made a boss character for the second time should be enough reason to assume that this is the only way Sakurai wants Ridley to be in the game. As a boss only.

....Meta Ridley. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

OdnetninAges

Mizore wrote:

Squid wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Also, those of you acting like Ridley is deconfirmed are using logic equally as poor as those who think he's playable. THIS. CONFIRMS. NOTHING. All we know is that Ridley is implemented in some form, and Sakurai has hinted that he's a stage boss. Didn't anyone else think it was strange he DIDN'T ACTUALLY SHOW RIDLEY? And considering the Palutena prank he pulled with the trophy, I'd say he's more than aware enough of our expectations to toy around with Ridley fans and haters alike at a master level. Assume nothing. Ridley is in the game, we just don't know how or how many times, yet.

But it's obvious that Ridley was the boss character for the Pyrosphere. Yes it was only a silhouette but if it isn't Ridley then who else could it be?

The fact that Ridley has been made a boss character for the second time should be enough reason to assume that this is the only way Sakurai wants Ridley to be in the game. As a boss only.

....Meta Ridley. lol

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Retro_on_theGo

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

As for Bayonetta being in smash, that just wouldn't be possible. Nintendo wants this game to have a teen rating AT MOST. Bayonetta attacks with her hair, which she also uses as clothes. Do you realize how many kiddies will be pausing the game to see that? In fact, that's a major part of her character, they would HAVE to add her disappearing clothes in the game as respect to her game. Bayonetta is out of the question. Wonder Red though...... maybe.

Oh wow, yeah, how did I forget that? Yeah, Bayonetta's just not happening.

FriedSquid

Mizore wrote:

Squid wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

....Meta Ridley. lol

Haha, duh. Sorry, I'm no big Metroid fan so I guess I forgot about him.

However, if the Pyrosphere, as well as the versions of Samus, are based off of Metroid Other M, I think it would make much more sense for the boss character to appear in the Pyrosphere be Ridley, not Meta Ridley. But Meta Ridley does solve the problem of who would replace Ridley in the Pyrosphere if he does become playable. So yeah, never mind what I said, I guess nothing is proven yet.

Still don't think he's gettin' in though! I guess we'll see what happens.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Joeynator3000

Squid wrote:

Mizore wrote:

Squid wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

....Meta Ridley. lol

Haha, duh. Sorry, I'm no big Metroid fan so I guess I forgot about him.

However, if the Pyrosphere, as well as the versions of Samus, are based off of Metroid Other M, I think it would make much more sense for the boss character to appear in the Pyrosphere be Ridley, not Meta Ridley. But Meta Ridley does solve the problem of who would replace Ridley in the Pyrosphere if he does become playable. So yeah, never mind what I said, I guess nothing is proven yet.

Still don't think he's gettin' in though! I guess we'll see what happens.

Eh it was more of a joke anyways, I'm on the side of "he's not playable", sooo...yeah.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LzWinky

It's pretty obvious at this point that the only ones who think Ridley will be playable are the ones who want him playable...

There really is no premise either way of him being playable or not.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

2Sang

Unca_Lz wrote:

It's pretty obvious at this point that the only ones who think Ridley will be playable are the ones who want him playable...

There really is no premise either way of him being playable or not.

I'm thinking Ridley is pretty much deconfirmed, but what I've learned from Sakurai over the past decade and a half is that nothing is certain until the game is out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Sleepingmudkip

Untitled

The reason why im buying this game

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Blast

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Untitled

The reason why im buying this game

Its like Mega Man and the gang are shooting at CAPCOM....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

ShadJV

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Untitled

I... Can't breathe... XD

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Henmii

So Meta-knight hasn't been revealed yet? In that case we now have 29 characters.

"I also don't think he ever said there will be 35 characters either"

He never said how many characters there will be. He only said that the Brawl roster was very taxing for him, thus I not expect a gigantic leap! But I don't think he will dip below 35, that would be lame! Then again DKC tropical freeze had less levels then its predecesor, so you never know! But I think everything after number 35 is a bonus!

Speaking of Sakurai: He makes it sound as if he is working on the whole game on its own! How many times he has stressed that the development is very taxing! But he has a whole team behind him?! But I guess he is very passionate and has hands-on time as much as he can! Either way, he wants to deliver a great game as always! So I respect what he's doing and thinking!

Greninja Looks really cool, though I had never heard of him before (haven't played Pokemon X/Y).

And Zero suit Samus and Sheik do deserve their own spots since they are pretty cool, though I hope this doesn't mean 2 characters less!

As for more intricate skins instead of color swaps for characters: I think that's pretty cool!

Henmii

FriedSquid

For Wireframe Mac, I wonder if that will be like Wario's second costume in Brawl, complete with its own separate set of color swaps, or if the wireframe version will only be one of Mac's normal color swaps...

Sav'aaq!
My Squidloggery

Eel

I hope they don't stop at Little Mac and WiiFit trainer with the unique costumes.

I really dislike the simple "one red, one blue, one green, one yellow and maybe a super dark one" senseless recolors they usually give the characters.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

UGXwolf

@Squid Even if it IS Ridley, that doesn't de-confirm him. Again, I'm not saying he's in. I just think it's more than a little bit suspicious that Sakurai only showed his shadow, and seeing people jump all aboard the "Ridley's not playable" bandwagon with so little real proof is kinda disheartening.

Now if you want my HONEST opinion, I don't think he's gonna be playable. Never did. Not starting, now. I just don't like seeing such obvious jumps in logic be taken up like the word of God or something.

I also believe Wireframe Mac will work exactly like Wario's second costume, as it appears Wii Fit Trainer does, too. But then, Sakurai made a point in the Direct to say that the Wii Fit Trainers both have pallet swaps, but has said nothing concerning Wireframe Mac. Even so, I imagine he'll want to facilitate the possibility of multiple players wanting to play Wireframe Mac instead of regular Mac.

@NinjaWaddleDee It looks like she isn't using her hair as clothing in Bayo 2. I could be wrong, of course, but Nintendo could very easily ask Platinum for that model and give it to Bamco and Sakurai. Again, I doubt she's in, but it's not worth counting out.

@Henmii I don't think Sakurai had Namco to help him with the balancing, but that doesn't mean he's going to slow his roll, either. I'm sure both of these statements are true, as they really don't contradict each other at all.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

FriedSquid

Oh as for Bayonetta being in, as cool as I think that would be, I don't think that's gonna happen. Apparently Sega originally planned to include her as a playable racer in Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed, but was removed because they wanted to keep the rating low. I highly doubt Nintendo would allow her either, but who knows. Either way, it seems unlikely she would be in, I think we could see her as a Trophy at best.

Besides, I'd much rather see Wonder Red!

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
My Squidloggery

Tsuchinoko

I've never played Bayonetta, obviously. I'm not really sure what its about, but why would including her raise the games maturity rating?

Aesthetically, and believe me i know this is just my opinion, but i think her character design looks so unappealing. Yes, i know she's popular, so im ready for the torches and pitchforks. I am glad the new game is being put on a Nintendo console, we do get passed by a lot.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

NinjaWaddleDee

Speaking of extra costumes for characters, here's some ideas that I had. We already know that Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac are getting extra costumes so I thought what the heck, we might as well speculate.

Mario - Dr. Mario (obviously.)
Pit - Pitoo, or Pit with Sacred Treasures
Bowser - Classic Bowser (the green bowser from SMB NES)
Pikachu - Pichu (Its a stretch, but it could happen.)
Fox - Polygonal Fox from Star Fox 64
Kirby - Waddle Dee
Wii Fit Trainer - Male Trainer
Mega Man - Proto Man
Samus - Light Suit Samus from MP2
Link - Fierce Diety Link
Donkey Kong - Classic DK from Arcade Donkey Kong
Villager - Female Villager
Olimar - Louey, or Alph.
Luigi - Mr. L
Peach - Sports Peach. (Shorter skirt, ponytail.)
Toon LInk - Young Link from Melee
Sonic - Classic Sonic
Marth - Classic Marth (couldn't really think of anything, I don't really play FE)
Rosalina - Fireflower Rosalina from SM3D World.
Zelda - Skyward Sword Zelda
King Dedede - Masked King Dedede from KIrby Superstar Ultra
Lucario - Mewtwo (they have a similar voice and movest. I know, its a stretch.)
Little Mac - Wire frame Mac
Diddy Kong - DK Junior
Zero Suit Samus - Cssual Clothing Samus from Zero Mission. (She has an orange top and shorts.)
Sheik - Sheik from Smash Bros Melee? (couldn't really think of much for her.)
Yoshi - Hand drawn Yoshi from Yoshi's Island.
Charizard - Charizard Y (we already know that X is in it.)
Greninja - Shiny Greninja

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic