Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 781 to 800 of 14,636

Dupree520

Dezzy wrote:

Dupree520 wrote:

Are they not using any shades of Red for paint?

Parents might mistake it for pools of blood and think it's unsuitable for their child (I'm not even joking, I bet that's the reason why)

Thought the same. Pretty dumb.

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: Ice Climbers,
Mario Kart 8: Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Birdo,

Nicolai

Dezzy wrote:

Dupree520 wrote:

Are they not using any shades of Red for paint?

Parents might mistake it for pools of blood and think it's unsuitable for their child (I'm not even joking, I bet that's the reason why)

I'm sure that's the reason why. In fact, I probably wouldn't be able to get my mind out of the idea of it if there was red paint.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

LzWinky

I may get this game, but I'll be working this summer. I may not have time for it when it comes out.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Kuhang

Ok I just checked in on Amazon UK for the Splatoon Pre-Order and it's priced £55. Seriously Nintendo??? o.O that's way too much for splatoon. Even Zelda Wii U is priced at £40 which is the standrd for High quality games on WiiU. The price is seriously putting me off. I think splatoon should be £30 game, I wouldn't mind £40, but £55? Nope. They need to look hard at the pricing. Else I'm hyped for the game.

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

Octane

Kuhang wrote:

Ok I just checked in on Amazon UK for the Splatoon Pre-Order and it's priced £55. Seriously Nintendo??? o.O that's way too much for splatoon. Even Zelda Wii U is priced at £40 which is the standrd for High quality games on WiiU. The price is seriously putting me off. I think splatoon should be £30 game, I wouldn't mind £40, but £55? Nope. They need to look hard at the pricing. Else I'm hyped for the game.

Probably just a placeholder. Despite that, I do expect the game to be €60 / $60. People will still complain, but that's what people do. The game has plenty of content; single-player campaign, multi-player (several modes, both online and local), the customisation, etc. If that still isn't enough, I don't know what is.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Datasun_7

I pre-ordered splatoon for £25 so I'm pretty sure it will be fantastic value for money, as long as the single player isn't too short

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

jump

Kuhang wrote:

I've payed £23 for splatoon, I'm not sure how you can hold up Zelda U since it's release details are unkown.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Kuhang

arronishere wrote:

Kuhang wrote:

I've payed £23 for splatoon, I'm not sure how you can hold up Zelda U since it's release details are unkown.

Pre-order

Kuhang

Nicolai

NintyMan wrote:

Splatoon's file size is only 1812 MB.

That doesn't sound unusual to me. That's about where Super Mario 3D World is at.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

TuVictus

And New Super Mario Bros. Considering the main draw is multiplayer and there's a (I'm guessing) short single player, map re use will be central to the game modes

TuVictus

Kuhang

Octane wrote:

Kuhang wrote:

Probably just a placeholder. Despite that, I do expect the game to be €60 / $60. People will still complain, but that's what people do. The game has plenty of content; single-player campaign, multi-player (several modes, both online and local), the customisation, etc. If that still isn't enough, I don't know what is.

What do u mean by filled with content etc. Cuz Sm4sh Bros is £29. how do u justify that?

Edited on by Kuhang

Kuhang

Grumblevolcano

3D World is 2428.3 MB, NSMBU is 2304.6 MB, Wind Waker HD is 2467.5 MB. These are the closest retail game file sizes I could find. Looks like Splatoon could be the smallest retail game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

cookiex

Kuhang wrote:

Octane wrote:

Kuhang wrote:

What do u mean by filled with content etc. Cuz Sm4sh Bros is £29. how do u justify that?

Smash Bros. was £40+ when it first came out.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

kkslider5552000

Grumblevolcano wrote:

3D World is 2428.3 MB, NSMBU is 2304.6 MB, Wind Waker HD is 2467.5 MB. These are the closest retail game file sizes I could find. Looks like Splatoon could be the smallest retail game.

I'm not an expert on such things but I wonder if the heavy focus on online is relevant to the small size? More about using those maps for a lot of things (multiple game modes and even sections of single player) among other things.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Kuhang

cookiex wrote:

Kuhang wrote:

Octane wrote:

Kuhang wrote:

Smash Bros. was £40+ when it first came out.

It was £40 brand new and about 1 month later droped to £34 since then it has gone down few times but never higher. But that still doesn't say anything of splatoon being £55 ???

Edited on by Kuhang

Kuhang

Octane

Kuhang wrote:

Octane wrote:

Kuhang wrote:

SSBU had a MSRP of €60 (£44) / $60 (£40) at its release, I don't know what the standard MSRP is for big games in gbp, but I expect something in between £40 and £45 (correct me if I'm wrong). I also expect Splatoon to be around the same price.

@Kuhang As I said before, the £55 is just a placeholder price. Wait a few weeks and the price will drop to somewhere around £40 when the MSRP is revealed.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

HollywoodHogan

I just checked Amazon to see what the price was in the USA, and noticed Splatoon is rated #202 in their list of top selling video games.

Doesn't sound too promising.

Friend to all SJW's

Kuhang

Octane wrote:

Kuhang wrote:

Octane wrote:

Kuhang wrote:

SSBU had a MSRP of €60 (£44) / $60 (£40) at its release, I don't know what the standard MSRP is for big games in gbp, but I expect something in between £40 and £45 (correct me if I'm wrong). I also expect Splatoon to be around the same price.

@Kuhang As I said before, the £55 is just a placeholder price. Wait a few weeks and the price will drop to somewhere around £40 when the MSRP is revealed.

Yeah maybe it's just a Placeholder price but that just put me off from Pre-ordering it and if it retains that price I won't be buying it.Ofcourse untilll price drop.

Kuhang

NinjaWaddleDee

I can't wait for this game. It's gonna have tons of content. I'm sure of it. Single player will probably be around 6 hours, but the amount of repeatability and customization will be great! Hopefully it will sell decently.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic