Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 7,561 to 7,580 of 14,636

Nicolai

@OorWullie: Ugh, that was my bad. I got splatted 5 times in a row at the beginning. I shoulda practiced in Turf War first.

@OorWullie: Man, we're getting creamed.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Nicolai

@OorWullie: Sure, this will be our last if we don't win.

Whew, I almost ranked down there! back up to 22.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

OorWullie

@Nicolai: Give it a couple of minutes.Nice in there at the end.

@Nicolai We're doing alright now,you especially.

@Nicolai A superb offensive by us at the end there and you getting it over the line.A great way to finish the session.Cheers for playing,I enjoyed that.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Nicolai

@OorWullie: Yeah, I kinda hid there at the charger's favorite spot, since there were two of them, and just kept splatting them as they came in.

@OorWullie: Wow, how did we let them win it so easily? Our paint covered most of the board!

@OorWullie: Whew, I keep getting so close to loosing my rank.

@OorWullie: Lost only 4 points that time. I wonder why.

@OorWullie: Aah, I feel like we're doing better now

@OorWullie: They put the goal so close to the spawn point in Bluefin Depot. How can you even get in there, if they can just shoot at you from their spawn point?

@OorWullie: Argh, I was taking so many people out when we were on their side, I don't know how we didn't advance!

@OorWullie: Yes! I got us the lead in overtime!

@OorWullie: Thanks for playing! We really got in the swing of things toward the end!

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

shani

pikminfan22 wrote:

I'm curious but what is your guys' favourite game mode for Splatoon?

It's really hard to rank my favourite modes, because it highly depends on the maps and the weapon I currently like to use the most. So judging from the last weeks, I'd say:

1. Splat Zones
2. Rainmaker
3. Tower Control

Turf War is more like training or trying out weapons in the field (since the shooting range doesn't have bots), so it doesn't count.

pherret022 wrote:

Allright, I have a real question that I would like to share with you guys.
What NEW Modes would you like to see added as DLC or in Spla(two)n?

More SP content would be nice, but I also wouldn't mind more ranked modes (your Octarian Horde mode doesn't sound so intriguing to me, but I'd try it). And they could definitely add more gear in the next DLC. Or let us change the main ability by using either one super sea snail (just a bigger version) or three regular sea snails.

Blue_Blur wrote:

However, it would be nice if they would allow people to play splat zones, rainmaker, and tower control without their rank being effected.

Isn't that what Private Battles are for? Also, I doubt it's meant as a reward that you can't rank up/down in squad if you have reached S. Rather I think it's a restriction, because people could easily "manipulate" (it's a strong word, didn't find a better one) their ranking by only playing squad battles. Not only can you communicate with each other via voice-chat etc, but you could also for example just rank everyone up to the highest rank with 8 players who have two (Wii U) accounts. One account for winning, one account for losing. So first four players play with their winning accounts against the other four with their losing accounts and the losing team basically just does nothing so the winning team can rank up quickly. After that, everyone switches their accounts and the other team can rank up to S+.
I just thought this up on the fly so I bet there are even more ways to manipulate the rankings. Since Nintendo can't prevent it entirely, maybe they built in this barrier for squad battles so that at least you have to be really good to reach the highest rank.

Operative wrote:

Random thought but I'm loving this game alot! More than I did the testfire. Not sure what's changed to make me enjoy it so much but it's very satisfying to play, even when you lose (in unranked turf war, of course).

I'm not sure they changed anything regarding the gameplay, at least I didn't notice anything.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Jorjaymad-6715

I really hope they don't raise the level cap to 100 with there next update!

Jorjaymad-6715

Nintendo Network ID: Jorjaymad-6715

yokokazuo

@VeeFlamesNL ah, that could have been it since I had just began my jump. kind of want to test it now where someone places an inkstrike beside where someone is just launching back to the starting point.

Btw, how often does everyone use the squid jump aside from at the spawn point? Occasionally if I get into trouble with a bunch of enemies I'll jump away, being in a hurry I usually just hit the spawn area to get away. And if we need someone on the objective (like tower control) then I'll jump there too usually.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

shani

@Jorjaymad-6715: Why not? I wouldn't mind another level cap raise (I'm only lvl 37 right now, but in my first MMO The Crew it actually annoyed me that the lvl cap is 50).
@yokokazuo: I rarely use it apart from the spawn point, but there are moments when you realize you jumped too far and have to jump again or when (for example) the rainmaker dashes to your base really quick and you jump to the base to defend it.

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@pikminfan22 haha, as a sniper I'm usually too far away for most people to get close enough to me.
I believe I've seen some people who have gotten over 2000 points before with the 300 point bonus. Not sure about without it though.

@shani oh ya, I would also use it sometimes if my team were all around the middle area or their side and one or more of them made it to ours in a turf war so I could defend it.

yokokazuo

Nicolai

yokokazuo wrote:

Btw, how often does everyone use the squid jump aside from at the spawn point? Occasionally if I get into trouble with a bunch of enemies I'll jump away, being in a hurry I usually just hit the spawn area to get away. And if we need someone on the objective (like tower control) then I'll jump there too usually.

I've been launching from the spawn point less and less these days, at least not anywhere near the enemy. Even though I always have my stealth jump shoes, I seem to always jump into trouble. Unfortunately, it takes forever to seem all the way to the fray, so if I'm lucky enough, an ally will be swimming his way there, and I can begin my jump before he gets anywhere near enemy ink.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

yokokazuo

@pikminfan22 well I do sometimes get taken by surprise from behind and if I try to fight people up close, it usually doesn't end well for me haha.

What weapon do you use? With a charger, tho most I've gotten with the bonus was probably around 1000-1200 using the splatter scope. I have used the aero spray a bit which has gotten me around 1300-1400 points.

yokokazuo

yokokazuo

@Nicolai I've tried Ninja Jump a few times, but the jumping time takes too long for me... (It's what got me splatter the last time I tried to escape from enemies)

@pikminfan22 I do try to be offensive sometimes too haha. Usually I'll have a lot of deaths in those matches.
I think rollers are one of my worst weapons, it's usually rare when I pass even 1000 points with the bonus when using one.

yokokazuo

Nicolai

@yokokazuo: Yah, I imagine that would be troublesome, though since I've used the Crazy Arrow sneakers (almost without taking them off) since before they updated the game to lengthen the time it takes, I've just gotten used to it. Whenever I get ambushed, I usually try to throw myself at my ambusher in an attempt to take him down with me. On rare occasions, I may scurry over to a quick hiding place before squid-jumping, if I'm left without a way out. That usually leaves me with enough time. But I can imagine that it's something I couldn't get used to had they not been my default sneakers from the beginning.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Blue_Blur

@yokokazuo: I think rollers are my worst weapon, too. I'm a sniper sometimes, and I seem to do okay. I'm best with the Slosher, though.

@pikminfan22: I think I got around 1,900 points using the inkbrush once in Kelp Dome with the win bonus. Good luck reaching 2000 points; it seems possible!

Would anyone like to do some squad battles?

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Nicolai

Blue_Blur wrote:

Would anyone like to do some squad battles?

Ooh, ooh, me!
Untitled

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Blue_Blur

@Nicolai: Ok, I made the room. Cute picture, by the way!

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Nicolai

@Blue_Blur: I'll try ONE game with the charger. If I suck, I'll switch immediately.

@Blue_Blur: I didn't do that bad! Too bad the stage selection changed.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic