Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 14,636

Jaz007

Does anyone think the redhead girl on the cover feels aggravating? She just looks cocky and kinda arrogant, and in a way that makes me want to punch her in the face. Anyone else think her design stinks?

Jaz007

jariw

rjejr wrote:

And speaking of comparisons, @Grumblevolcano said we only get 1 mode at launch - turf war - but the NL review (and another at Trusted Reviews, which I don't trust) said we also get "splat zone" - "Ranked Battle, at launch, only consists of one game mode called Splat Zones". I think we'll need to reach level 10 to play it but that still puts it at launch as it should only take a few hours to reach level 10.

Yes, only Turf Wars is currently open. They'll open Ranked Battles as soon as enough players have reached level 10. But it would probably open in a matter of days.

jariw

UGXwolf

@rjejr Keep in mind that they only had review copies to work with. Ranked Battles were probably opened for them, but Andre from GameXplain points out that they have to coordinate Ranked matches due to there being so few players. This likely explains why reviewers often had trouble finding matches, too.

@Jaz007 No, I don't think there's anything wrong with the design at all. Seems like a stylized teenager to me.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

rjejr

UGXwolf wrote:

This likely explains why reviewers often had trouble finding matches, too.

I'm ok w/ waiting a few days while people level up to 10. Waiting a few days for something that we know is on the disc and just waiting for Nintneod to hit a switch in early June isn't the same thing as waiting until July or August, who really knows when, for an update that needs to be patched in. W/o breaking the game.

One thing I've never seen ANYBODY mention is the potential for bad things ot happen w/ all the updates Nintneod is planning for over the summer. Maybe it's b/c most of the people on here are Nintneod gamers, so they haven't spent a long time playing on Sony and Microsoft consoles, but all these updates do worry me. There is the potential for problems. Losing our online ranking, having a save point accidentally erased. Things happen, and the more updates and patches the more likely I think bad things are to happen. The summer won't go by unscathed. My Wii U has been scathed enough as it is.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Sparx

If smash bros updates kill your recordings, splatoon updates could potentially make you lose something D:

My avatar is from here

MegaMari0

For all the complaints leveraged about this game, I don't see why those people just give the game a good couple days after purchase. Who knows, maybe your view will change. If it doesn't then you can say I gave the game a shot. Instead of assuming(some people) for the short demo(very limited) and videos/features given, that you have enough information to make an unbiased judgment. Food for thought.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

UGXwolf

Sparx wrote:

If smash bros updates kill your recordings, splatoon updates could potentially make you lose something D:

That's really not the same thing. Smash Bros. updates don't kill your recordings by accident. The recordings are removed because they won't work after the update. They'll do strange things. The reason for this is because the recordings aren't your standard recordings. They don't record the video and then save that. Instead, they record the button inputs and scenario and save those. I assume the reason is because it saves on memory space, but you get the idea. So far, I haven't seen a Smash update make me lose customs or characters I'd already unlocked, so I don't think it's a good comparison.

Grumblevolcano

@rjejr If I recall correctly, I've only had 1 game update which has caused problems in my 5 and a half years owning a Xbox 360 and that's a Rock Band 3 update set to make Black Hole Sun and Dani California playable but inadvertently made around 10 other Rock Band 1 exported songs unplayable (including the only Muse song in the game, Hysteria). This only happened for Europeans and a patch was provided for affected players not long after.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

herrherr

Jaz007 wrote:

Does anyone think the redhead girl on the cover feels aggravating? She just looks cocky and kinda arrogant, and in a way that makes me want to punch her in the face. Anyone else think her design stinks?

I think she/the Inklings are supposed to seem a bit bratty/snotty; it aligns with the sort of punk-influenced aesthetic they're going for.

"The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot." -Salvador Dalí

yokokazuo

What's the farthest everyone has gotten in squid jump? I got up to 25 before getting a game over and since then I can't get past it...
Edit: after numerous continues, I finally beat it!

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

rjejr

herrherr wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I think she/the Inklings are supposed to seem a bit bratty/snotty; it aligns with the sort of punk-influenced aesthetic they're going for.

Spot on. Anyone who has listened to any of the 3 or 4 (US) commercials will probably recognize this song.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

rjejr

UGXwolf wrote:

Sparx wrote:

The recordings are removed because they won't work after the update.

I'm sure that will make everybody feel much better when we are told all of our characters are reset to level 1 or our online rankings reset to zero "on purpose" rather than by accident b/c they changed some of the setting on the weapons in an update.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Blast

Jaz007 wrote:

.... Her design makes you wanna punch her in the face?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Jacob717

Jaz007 wrote:

No, she just looks like a girl ready for battle.

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

With all these complaining Trolls in the Splatoon forum makes me that much happier I don't have to voice chat with any of them

Again, what's there to be happy about not having voice chat? Voice chat would be an option, that you can turn off and still be able to not talk to or hear anyone. You're basically saying your happy people don't have options. So some people no voice chat is a deal breaker to them, so you're happy about potential customers not buying the game?

Edited on by Jacob717

Jacob717

rjejr

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@rjejr If I recall correctly, I've only had 1 game update which has caused problems in my 5 and a half years owning a Xbox 360

I'm glad to hear that. I found some others people problems to dilute my paranoia a little.

SSBU "update" from Ninteod 6 months ago:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/12/03/nintend...

I like their comment on the bottom: - "Our Take It’s not uncommon for game updates to deliver unintended consequences,"

Gods of Justice on PS3 2 years ago:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672472-injustice-gods-among-us...

I understand you're point of view, it's still a rare occurrence. But I also understand why some people might want to wait until end of August and get this game and updates all at once rather than buy it now and spend the summer doing updates and hoping it all goes smoothly and they don't have to worry about losing any saves or characters or rankings. Who knows, Nintneod could reset the servers Sept 1st to make it fair for all the newcomers after the summer events end? This is kind of new territory for Nitnedo, who ever knows what they're thinking.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

erv

Not long now before my eshop purchase allows me to join you.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

UGXwolf

@rjejr My point was that there's a specific design related reason for removing the replays as the change to character stats would make the replay videos play out dofferently from previous versions of the game. The replays don't mystically disappear. They're intentionally deleted. It seems highly unlikely that your levels would just vanish and even more unlikely that nothing could be done about the problem, should it arise.

As for the theory about resetting levels, that really doesn't make amy sense. Nintendo doesn't have a designated end of updates, nor do they have some plan to rake in a ton of new players in August, nor are they the type to intentionally destroy progress. It won't be unfair, anyways. The levels don't do anythig but give people a general idea of how experienced you are.

Peach64

Untitled

Here we go!

Edited on by Peach64

Peach64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic