Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 14,636

TuVictus

UGXwolf wrote:

Also @Operative and @Moomoo There is still one option for you to see the real depth of the game. You can rent it when that becomes an option. Then if you get to Ranked Mode and that still doesn't strike your fancy, feel free to just shrug it off and go back to whatever you were playing, before.

Guess you're right. But it'll have to wait until after August when they finish patching in important aspects of online play like friend lobbies. Until then, I'm fine just watching other people enjoy it.

TuVictus

UGXwolf

I mean, you're not planning on getting the game as it is. Whenever you choose to try is still an advantage over not trying at all, so wait as long as you feel like.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

jariw

Regarding that commercial:
Untitled

jariw

ZuneTattooGuy

Operative wrote:

Deciding I don't want the game after a demo is literally the whole reason for a demo. To try it out and see if you like it. It's no more absurd than not buying it because the devs didn't implement a generation-old control scheme into the game.

And the game isn't that deep. It's fun, yes, but I'm not gonna pretend that it has some deep meta game that other games/genres have. EDIT: Well, I can't say it doesn't yet, since I haven't played it. But no one knows how "deep" it is yet. It certainly doesn't look like it is. Or even feel like it, based on the demo

The game has more multiplayer game modes, a robust single player that is Third person shooter/Platformer, and tons of unlockable equipment that changes your characters abilities. The Demo was a sever stress test, so it didn't show much of the game, but it knew the interests in playing the game was so high they could see if their servers could handle it.

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

ZuneTattooGuy

Blast wrote:

For the record... Theres been some 3DS demos that were garbage but the full game wasn't. Don't want the game anymore? Okay. Okay. Fine. I'm not crying.

I second this, if I based my purchase decision of Smash Bros for 3DS based on the demo, I would have been like hell there is only 4 fighters and 2 maps, geesh what a rip!

jariw

Here's a link to all (?) 29 standard weapons available at launch, including their stats:

jariw

MegaMari0

29 weapons? That was more than I expected. I thought the weaponry would be on the shallow side.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

ZuneTattooGuy

MegaMari0 wrote:

29 weapons? That was more than I expected. I thought the weaponry would be on the shallow side.

What gave you that impression? In the trailers alone it shows several weapons we don't even have yet, like the paintbrush. This game will have a ton of weapons, and outfits to unlock I can't wait.

TheMONADO36

Well now that I know this game doesn't have compatibility for the wiimote and my Wii Zapper I'm going to cancel my pre-order and throw my Wii U in the bin. Take that Nintendo you just lost £49.99 from me...

...just kidding Nintendo please forgive me Reggie 😰

TheMONADO36

3DS Friend Code: 1306-8212-3438 | Nintendo Network ID: TheMONADO36

Blast

jariw wrote:

Regarding that commercial:
Untitled

Hahahaha nice!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Blast wrote:

For the record... Theres been some 3DS demos that were garbage but the full game wasn't. Don't want the game anymore? Okay. Okay. Fine. I'm not crying.

I second this, if I based my purchase decision of Smash Bros for 3DS based on the demo, I would have been like hell there is only 4 fighters and 2 maps, geesh what a rip!

Hahahaha! Another example is the very bad Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate demo on 3DS. Bad demo. Good game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dezzy

Anyone know when the embargo lifts for reviews? Would've thought they'd be up by now!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TheMONADO36

Dezzy wrote:

Anyone know when the embargo lifts for reviews? Would've thought they'd be up by now!

The Guardian gave out a 'review' the other day though it didn't say very much and never gave a score. This is all it said actually;

"In Splatoon, Nintendo’s uniquely family-friendly take on multiplayer shooting games, paint replaces live ammunition, charming tentacle-headed skater-types replace heavily armed Americans, and rather than simply shooting your foes, you win by spattering as much of the arena as possible in your paint’s colour. Arenas are designed like multi-level skate parks, with jumps and smooth transitions you can glide over before popping out and giving the opposition a damn good painting. Winning matches earns new weapons (if you consider a paint roller to be a weapon), but more surprising is that the chaotic and absurdly competitive multiplayer game is complemented by a fully formed single-player mode. From the basic premise, Splatoon conjures dozens of fresh ideas, combining moving platforms, grids you can slip through, and exploding paint-filled objects. Beautiful and wildly addictive, this joins Mario Kart as one of the finest multiplayer games available."

TheMONADO36

3DS Friend Code: 1306-8212-3438 | Nintendo Network ID: TheMONADO36

jariw

Dezzy wrote:

May 27th, 7 am Pacific.

jariw

Nin10dad

Shipped from Nintendo UK store earlier today, hopefully will have it a little early 😊

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

UGXwolf

Probably gonna drop by GameStop sometime and lay down some money. I want this game at launch!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

rjejr

Anybody have any idea how the leveling up will work? I'm a JRPG guy so I'm used to a bit of a gradual grind, 10 minutes or so to start, then progressively longer, 30 minutes or more. amiibo were a joke in SSBU. I bought my kids each an amiibo thinking getting to level 50 would keep them busy for a week or 2. Day 1, 2 hours, level 25. Day 2, 2 more hours, level 50. 4 hours for 50 levels is not leveling up, that's just counting 1 to 50. And each level must have taken the same amount, which seems weird to me.

Based on the demo scores of about 500 to 1000 points per match I'm hoping an increasing scale of at least 1,000 points for level 1, then maybe adding 1,000 per level, so needing 2,000 more, then 3,000 more etc. Not just going to 1k, 2k, 3k, which would have us to level 10 in 10 matches. @Undead_terror would be at 10 before he knew it. I like my leveling up to feel like an accomplishment I can look forward too, not just getting a level b/c I played a round.

Oh, nice commercial. Though at 2:30 it's more a movie trailer length than tv ad, at least in the US where they are mostly 30 seconds. I'm still digging the Joan Jett Vibe.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

jariw

rjejr wrote:

Anybody have any idea how the leveling up will work? I'm a JRPG guy so I'm used to a bit of a gradual grind, 10 minutes or so to start, then progressively longer, 30 minutes or more. amiibo were a joke in SSBU. I bought my kids each an amiibo thinking getting to level 50 would keep them busy for a week or 2. Day 1, 2 hours, level 25. Day 2, 2 more hours, level 50. 4 hours for 50 levels is not leveling up, that's just counting 1 to 50. And each level must have taken the same amount, which seems weird to me.

Based on the demo scores of about 500 to 1000 points per match I'm hoping an increasing scale of at least 1,000 points for level 1, then maybe adding 1,000 per level, so needing 2,000 more, then 3,000 more etc. Not just going to 1k, 2k, 3k, which would have us to level 10 in 10 matches. @Undead_terror would be at 10 before he knew it. I like my leveling up to feel like an accomplishment I can look forward too, not just getting a level b/c I played a round.

According to DaBoss at NeoGAF, level 10 is said to be at around 45,200 points, according to this pattern:
(1->2) 700 > (2-3) 1,600 > (3->4) 2,600 > (4->5) 3,650 > (5->6) 4,800 > (6->7) 6,000 > (7->8) 7,250 > (8->9) 8,600 > (9->10) 10,000

jariw

Inkling

My copy of Splatoon has just been dispatched! Hype!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Chaoz

Untitled

2 more days till we get to splatter each other in ink. 2 more days...

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic