Forums

Topic: Predict what's going to be revealed at the Spike awards.

Posts 261 to 280 of 309

Samurai_Goroh

micronean wrote:

Yup. Nintendo blew it. But, just from the quality of the show itself, I'm kinda glad that they didn't do much. This VGX is totally not worthy of a quality Nintendo showcase.

Pretty much. This VGX gig is the embarrassing elephant in the room, not Nintendo. I never felt so alienated with the rest of gaming world than now. One Donkey Kong game = a bazillion of interactive next-gen movies.

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

WebHead

I'm going to say this: why couldn't this be saved for the ND that is most likely coming next week?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Caryslan

Man, I was hoping for some Smash news, namely some more newcomers... No offense to DKC, but this is the kinda thing that gets announced online or in a Nintendo Direct. When is Nintendo going to show off some more newcomers? We have had zero shown off since E3.

They should have shown off some new Smash 4 or Mario Kart 7 info. I like DKC, but it seems really low key for something they hyped up.

And of course, still no new F-Zero or Star Fox:(

Caryslan

skywake

And the negative reaction to this combined with the unreasonable enthusiasm for the Tomb Raider port is everything that's wrong with the gaming industry.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Blast

@WebHead That Cranky announcement would have been much more acceptable for a Nintendo Direct. If Reggie had just shown Bayonetta 2 and Monolith's X then I would be happy. But Reggie couldn't even do that.
What a letdown.
What a shame.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Shaqazooloo

It seems latetly Nintendo's been the best at making bad decisions. Seriously! Donkey Kong! This was clearly not the time or place to present it. They should have shown bayonetta or X. Instead they show Donkey Kong, because I guess they didn't notice the disappointment from e3. Nintendo clearly don't know how to market, create hype, or deliver on the hype and in the past year thats become very obvious! I seriously think Nintendo has no idea whats going on. I wanted it to not be DK, but all the clues pointed to DK, a previously announced game, Cranky kong on cover of box art, the fact he announced he was going to be on VGX on a Donkey Kong centered appearance and Nintendo just being incompetent! A HUGE disappointment and I hope Nintendo feels deeply ashamed because I know I am!

Shaqazooloo

3DS Friend Code: 0903-4025-7160 | Nintendo Network ID: Shaqazooloo

Rezalack

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Can I change my prediction to: "a 3 hour nightmare"?

Lol. I have to agree so far. I just turned it on about 10 minutes ago and they were showing a viral video of two obnoxious.. things. Quite embarrassing, I cringed my way through in hopes for something better. I doubt this will happen.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Caryslan

micronean wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Who at Nintendo offices thought what Reggie talking about DK U was okay?????? Why didn't someone tell him: "NO!! Put DK U down!!! Show Bayonetta 2 at least!!!"
I luv Nintendo but this is just embarassing!!!!

Yup. Nintendo blew it. But, just from the quality of the show itself, I'm kinda glad that they didn't do much. This VGX is totally not worthy of a quality Nintendo showcase.

Yeah, but they could have totally stolen the show if they had played their cards right. Even if it was a Smash 4 Video showing off more newcomers, they could have gotten a big push from that, especially if a newcomer like Little Mac(if he's in) was shown off. Just because the show was horrible is no excuse for Nintendo to not show up with their AAA game. They do have a console that is still struggling. Now is not the time to be low-key.

Caryslan

kkslider5552000

skywake wrote:

And the negative reaction to this combined with the unreasonable enthusiasm for the Tomb Raider port is everything that's wrong with the gaming industry.

To be fair, the stream I went to was entirely "meh" towards basically everything except for the Borderlands announcement.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Samurai_Goroh

skywake wrote:

Yeah, but now "Laura" Croft has realistic hair, which was something the developers always wanted to do, and next-gen boobies. Tropical Freeze has no next-gen boobies.

Samurai_Goroh

triforcepower73

@Shaqazooloo Actually, more clues pointed to them showing Zelda than anything else.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

micronean

Caryslan wrote:

micronean wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Who at Nintendo offices thought what Reggie talking about DK U was okay?????? Why didn't someone tell him: "NO!! Put DK U down!!! Show Bayonetta 2 at least!!!"
I luv Nintendo but this is just embarassing!!!!

Yeah, but they could have totally stolen the show if they had played their cards right. Even if it was a Smash 4 Video showing off more newcomers, they could have gotten a big push from that, especially if a newcomer like Little Mac(if he's in) was shown off. Just because the show was horrible is no excuse for Nintendo to not show up with their AAA game. They do have a console that is still struggling. Now is not the time to be low-key.

Yes. True. But doesn't Nintendo's letdown feel somewhat fitting to the overall letdown that is the VGX awards?

micronean

skywake

Seriously guys, it's Cranky Kong and it's basically making Donkey Kong play like Ducktales. If you're not impressed with this and are "disappointed" with how much Nintendo have "screwed up" you need to take a long, hard look at yourselves. It's pretty awesome and you shouldn't care what their "image" is. Fact is that anything they showed would have got this sort of BS reaction from the audience that this sort of thing attracts.

Just think on this for a minute. Port of Tomb Raider and CoD with dogs are the things people are impressed with over a character that makes DK play like Ducktales and the newest 3D Mario. Who are the ones missing out on new and great gaming content here?

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Blast

Wanna know whats funny? DK U is still a game I'm looking forward to playing. Quantum Break/Thief looks so bland, gray, and boring.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LegoNintendo12

In the end I'm not that disappointed, sure it wasn't Zelda. Also based on what I saw, the show looks like trash, I'm kinda glad Zelda didn't appear on here, much rather see it on a Nintendo Direct or E3

LegoNintendo12

MAN1AC

I don't like Retro Studios and haven't cared for DK since the 64 days but I don't see why someone would be disappointed. It was pretty obvious that they were going to announced something DK related since that's Nintendo's next big title.

triforcepower73 wrote:

@Shaqazooloo Actually, more clues pointed to them showing Zelda than anything else.

What clues?
If there was a new game to announce I'm sure they would have done it by now.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

Caryslan

skywake wrote:

Seriously guys, it's Cranky Kong and it's basically making Donkey Kong play like Ducktales. If you're not impressed with this and are "disappointed" with how much Nintendo have "screwed up" you need to take a long, hard look at yourselves. It's pretty awesome and you shouldn't care what their "image" is. Fact is that anything they showed would have got this sort of BS reaction from the audience that this sort of thing attracts.

Just think on this for a minute. Port of Tomb Raider and CoD with dogs are the things people are impressed with over a character that makes DK play like Ducktales and the newest 3D Mario. Who are the ones missing out on new and great gaming content here?

Because most people(myself included) were hoping for more Smash 4 info or a surprise game to be announced. Cranky Kong is cool and its great that he's playable, but its low key news for such an event. They would have gotten insane hype if they had shown off more Smash 4 newcomers, especially if characters like Little Mac and Dixie Kong were shown off.

Nintendo hyped this to no end, and its disappointing they blew their chance on news like this. They are trying to save a struggling system. Now is not the time to spend a spot on national TV on low-key news. Yes, Cranky Kong is going to be nice, but DKC: TF is a much lower key and less important game to the Wii U's future than Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4.

I was really hoping that if they did not show off a new game, they would at least focus on their two biggest games of next year.

Plus, the Cranky Kong thing was a massive rumor all last week, so it was less of a suprise then it could have been.

Edited on by Caryslan

Caryslan

DudeSean

I'm not disappointed. You know why? I had no expectations. Either surprise me or do nothing. This did nothing.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.