Forums

Topic: Predict what's going to be revealed at the Spike awards.

Posts 281 to 300 of 309

Blast

Nintendo coulda shown Bayonetta 2, Monolith's X, and even something Super Smash Bros. related.
But did they? No.
Reggie got up there and got humilated. Those guys were mean to him and all he did was show that CRANKY was announced for DK U. DK U is gonna be a great game but REALLY, NINTENDO?! REALLY??????
I will never get hyped for a Nintendo announcement again. I will always assume the worst for now on.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kkslider5552000

Blastoise-san wrote:

I will never get hyped for a Nintendo announcement again. I will always assume the worst for now on.

once you stop being whiny you'll eat up the next actual announcement and you know it. Stop pretending otherwise.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

citizenerased

Just watching now, man it's awkward. Geoff keeps asking for more, the Retro guy is awkwardly bragging about the visuals of a level that doesn't look any prettier than the Wii game...

Anyway, totally called it, as did anyone with half a brain. Nintendo already said they're showing Zelda U at E3 and that this would be a "new look" at a game. As in, we've had a look before. How can you expect an announcement then?

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Blast

@kkslider5552000 Okay so I overexaggerated. I will just keep my expectations in check for now on. I won't ever get really pumped. I got too pumped and excited for a freaking Cranky in DK U announcment.

Master of the Hype Train

triforcepower73

MAN1AC wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

@Shaqazooloo Actually, more clues pointed to them showing Zelda than anything else.

What clues?
If there was a new game to announce I'm sure they would have done it by now.

Eiji Aonuma stating that he almost revealed Zelda on two occasions. He said he would start work on a reveal right after Comic Con. He said he wanted to announce it soon but after LBW and WWHD. Then Reggie comes along teasing this "big announcement." LBW and WWHD have already released. Eiji has had plenty of time to polish up the reveal and BAM! He doesn't announce it.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

kkslider5552000

I do agree that Nintendo's attempts to hype lately have been weird and underwhelming but I maintain that I don't want good people and good games associated with this.

Good for Telltale and some of these indies though. At least they'll get some more exposure from this.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

skywake

Caryslan wrote:

Nintendo hyped this to no end, and its disappointing they blew their chance on news like this. They are trying to save a struggling system. Now is not the time to spend a spot on national TV on low-key news. Yes, Cranky Kong is going to be nice, but DKC: TF is a much lower key and less important game to the Wii U's future than Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4.

Nintendo didn't "hype this to no end". Look at their twitter feed and all you'll see is:
"Tune in to #VGX today for a segment with Reggie highlighting a previously announced #WiiU game!"
"#Regginator here - I’m ready for my #VGX appearance!"

..... that was it

Look at Nintendo Life's articles and you'll see nothing more talked about then that. Look at IGN and again you'll see nothing more than that. It's not Nintendo's fault that some people were convinced that this would be E3 2006. Nor is it their fault that a certain group of people think Donkey Kong Country isn't a game worth talking about.

As for Donkey Kong Country not being a popular game in the class of Smash Bros or Mario Kart, sure. It isn't. However it did move 6mill units on the Wii so it's by no means an unpopular game. And 6mill units isn't trivial, it's about 3mill units more than Tomb Raider on all platforms combined. Plus it's a game that would result in controller throwing from most of the people having a go at it for being "kiddie". Even moreso with the introduction of Cranky Kong.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

2Sang

Reggie really did get slapped around by the hosts.
>no new announcement then?
>anything else you want to tell us? (in desperate tone)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

skywake

2Sang wrote:

Because it wasn't Nintendo who hyped this. Someone has egg on their face

An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

citizenerased

2Sang wrote:

Seriously, it was sad. But Nintendo does need to learn to communicate better. Notice a huge hype on the web? Get Monolith to tease X or something. Why would you want to ignore the hype and free publicity altogether? It's silly.

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Blast

@2Sang It was like the hosts was trying to say... "We know our show sucks and that most of these games are too cinematic, boring, and gray. You can save our show, Reggie. Can you please announce Metroid U or something freaking awesome." What does Reggie say? "Nah, let's focus on Cranky in Donkey Kong!"
What's funny is that DK U is still the best looking game out of everything being showed so far.

Master of the Hype Train

skywake

citizenerased wrote:

Seriously, it was sad. But Nintendo does need to learn to communicate better. Notice a huge hype on the web? Get Monolith to tease X or something. Why would you want to ignore the hype and free publicity altogether? It's silly.

Pretty sure it's not Nintendo who needed to communicate better in this instance

MAN1AC

triforcepower73 wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

@Shaqazooloo Actually, more clues pointed to them showing Zelda than anything else.

What clues?
If there was a new game to announce I'm sure they would have done it by now.

Eiji Aonuma stating that he almost revealed Zelda on two occasions. He said he would start work on a reveal right after Comic Con. He said he wanted to announce it soon but after LBW and WWHD. Then Reggie comes along teasing this "big announcement." LBW and WWHD have already released. Eiji has had plenty of time to polish up the reveal and BAM! He doesn't announce it.

Revealing something at E3 or a Nintendo Direct is completely different than announcing Zelda stuff at VGX. There were no clues and it would be weird for them to give info from one of their biggest IPs at an event like this.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

skywake

triforcepower73 wrote:

Did you consider that these awards aren't as big as you think they are? I mean look at the stuff that was announced. Is any of that really that much better than Cranky Kong for DKC? Nintendo have had last minute Nintendo Directs with more "core gamer" pleasing news than this thing had in its entirety. The fact that some people wanted something big and read into it things that weren't there isn't the fault of Nintendo.

Plus on twitter they explicitly said that it would be for an already announced game. Which basically left us with ports of big multiplatform titles or new stuffs with DKC, Smash or Kart. Then there was the DKC leak. So why was anyone shocked and disappointed?

kkslider5552000

Be thankful Nintendo was on early, I'm still watching this and I can't even make too many jokes about this because people will think I'm exaggerating.

ThePirateCaptain

I find it pretty hilarious that all these people are getting so butthurt because this wasn't the announcement they were looking for. People really need to learn to keep their expectations in check. Did you really expect Nintendo to show off X or Zelda U? Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is the next big release, of course they were going to show something for it.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Blast

Somebody should change the title of this forum to "We predicted and we was wrong- VGX reaction"

Master of the Hype Train

skywake

Blastoise-san wrote:

Somebody should change the title of this forum to "We predicted and we was wrong- VGX reaction"

Better yet
"Nintendo makes smartest move in the year by giving VGX the finger. Fans rage before remembering that it's VGX"

Blast

@skywake LOL you're exactly right.

Master of the Hype Train

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.