Forums

Topic: Nintendo Wii U 2016 Games

Posts 61 to 75 of 75

At_Lazuli

@IceClimbers:
Yeah pretty much...
but i did like how SS contained a zelda i actually cared about for one and no matter what people say i really liked the motion controls

The NX is going to be delayed to Holiday 2017 you heard it here first, also It should be pretty obvious what my favorite game of all time is cough Skyward Sword cough

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4150-0138 | Nintendo Network ID: CosmicLuigi83 | Twitter:

UGXwolf

@Aromaiden: Uhhh... the Most recent? I didn't really want to give them all special titles. I just felt that MM was the best executed 3D Zelda, knew that Wind Waker was the general overall favorite, and that I personally love Twilight Princess because sue me, I'm a sucker for wolves. Skyward Sword uh... tried? It's an alright game, and manages to do some thing right that Zelda had never gotten right, before (like swimming and water dungeons in general..) I can also see the main complaints as while the backtracking never came close to bugging me, it DID make the game seem to drag near the end.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

-Green-

@UGXwolf: Oh well, anyways...

"knew that Wind Waker was the general overall favorite"

I disagree. As far as I'm aware OoT is considered the best overall Zelda and is the fan favorite of the franchise. At least based on everything I've ever seen.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

LzWinky

IceClimbers wrote:

@Aromaiden: Handholding Simulator.

Don't be silly. It's the other way around. You are holding the remote

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

UGXwolf

@Aromaiden: Ocarina of Time has the most rabid and loudest fanbase, primarily made up of people whose nostalgia for the game makes it difficult for them to see how poorly it's aged. Honestly, Ocarina of Time was a great example of what happens when you don't have realistic goals in mind. Knowing the design history of that game, they cut out so much, that the final product doesn't even come close to resembling the initial plan. So much so that Miyamoto gave his team an ultimatum: make a new Zelda in one year's development time or remake OoT the way it was originally intended. This led to the development of Majora's Mask, and I could really go on from there. Needless to say, Zelda never really reached the ridiculous heights Ura Zelda (the official name for what OoT never became) set out to achieve, though it SERIOUSLY looks like Zelda U might be trying to do just that.

Still, whenever I play OoT, the only thing I notice is how empty the game feels. How flat the characters seem. How many inconveniences lie in the game play. (Tbf, Majora's Mask didn't fix ALL of those inconveniences, either.) It comes off as a flawed gem, rather than the best in the series.

However, from what I've played, seen, and heard, Wind Waker is one of, if not THE best entry point for the entire series. It's not too easy and not too hard. It introduces the concepts well while still feeling both familiar and unique. It's playful in tone, yet has heavy moments, and there's ALWAYS more stuff to find. The only legitimate complaint I remember about WW was that the sailing became a drag, mostly due to the Triforce quest, and now that they've remade it with the swift sail and the revised triforce quest, sped up animations, and shorter loading screen, I definitely feel Wind Waker is the more deserving fan favorite.

Again, OoT's fans are the loudest, but I think Wind Waker's the real fan favorite.

Grumblevolcano

@UGXwolf: I think Wind Waker dealt with cutting out unfinished content the worst. From what I recall, there were meant to be more dungeons but instead got replaced by doing absolutely nothing to get one of the pearls and a super laborious Triforce Quest. Wind Waker HD is very improved on the GCN original but still feels very lacking in dungeons.

I know it's a very unpopular opinion but I still consider Twilight Princess as being the best Zelda game.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

@UGXwolf: To each their own I suppose.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

erv

Isn't it nintendo company strategy from now on to only talk about the games you can play soon - at most the coming year? It makes sense that the 2016 lineup is scarce - it's nowhere near 2016 yet. I think end of 2016 will have new hardware, and the lineup will remain thin, and zelda will be a dual release like twilight princess was back in the day, but that doesn't rule out anything as of yet as all of it is based on educated guesswork.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Star Fox Zero and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash coming 20th November in EU:

Two weeks before XCX, should be just enough time to beat Star Fox Zero before XCX arrives.

Wait, why is this posted in the 2016 games thread?

Octane

martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

this should just be posted in the op of every single thread on this board

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

UGXwolf

@Aromaiden: Well of course. I'm only saying what I've noticed and what I feel. I'm by no means the difinitive Zelda expert.

@GrumbleVolcano: OoT also lost a dungeon and it also lost every single major side quest aside from the Biggoron's sword one. On top of that, most of the characters lost their back story, and personally, I just feel that Link comes off as an unfeeling rock. He seems motivated by doing what people tell him. I just feel things work out so much better on so many levels in literally every 3D Zelda title since.

Tony_Fuel

KryptoKrunch wrote:

Octane wrote:

@UGXwolf: Of course it is. I think it's ridiculous to complain about the lack of games when there's plenty of opportunities left for Nintendo to announce more games. We might as well start complaining about the lack of games in 2017 and 2018, because Nintendo hasn't announced games for 2017 and 2018 yet. We don't know anything about what's going to happen in 2016, but that doesn't mean it's the year of doom and gloom when the Wii U will dead and replaced. People have been saying since last year that the Wii U was going to be replaced in 2014, that didn't happen, it didn't happen in 2015 and it's probably not going to happen in 2016. I think everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

Agree with this 100%. Especially the last sentence.

&

UGXwolf wrote:

There are no signs. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. WE. DON'T. KNOW. I find it annoying that so few people can really come to grips with those three little words. We don't KNOW what Nintendo is doing next year. [ ]

Geez. It's just that the doomsayers are absolutely everywhere when the only thing we have evidence of is that Nintendo is once again playing their cards extremely close to their chest. Guys, this isn't news. Nintendo has always been pretty secretive. We'll know when they're ready for us to know, but until then, there's no reason to think 2016 is going to be any worse a year than 2015.

+1 to both these point and I don't think they are said nearly enough.

Both points need to be stated more often. What I find really, truly aggravating is how unacceptably hyped people are for Codename "NX" when we know nothing concrete about it at all, not its name, not its release date, no officially (just we'd like to's and vague hints) confirmed games; its all just sheer delusion to expect this to solve the problem Nintendo is having with Wii U based on what we currently (don't) know about the system. Plus I always think no company worth their salt would want to imitate what sega did, and if Nintendo abandoned the wii u next year that is exactly would happen.

It could be the best console ever, but actually bringing out a replacement would be suicide. If NX does come out next year, the most i'm expecting at this rate is some sort of gaming based media hub similar to PS Vita TV, where you can plug 3ds/ new 3ds games into it and stream wii u games to it. What with nintendo wanting to unify its systems the NX may start out as a platform to bring together 3ds/wii u and mobile. It might even be the beginning of their replacement to club nintendo, a subscription based service similar to xbla or ps live but being optional for playing online.

Tony_Fuel

WebHead

I don't see too many outside of what's announced. 2016 is likely the finale of 3DS and Wii U.

Though I can see whatever Retro Studios is making releasing next year.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

PaperMario64

WebHead wrote:

I don't see too many outside of what's announced. 2016 is likely the finale of 3DS and Wii U.

Though I can see whatever Retro Studios is making releasing next year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Nintendo seems to have released two games in the last year of N64 in 2001. The year before 14 games was released.

In the last year of NGC in 2006 they released 4 games, and the year before that 13 games.

In the final year of the Wii only Pandora's Tower was released in 2013, and 7 games + 2 Japan only games was released in 2012. I know mostly because Wii U was released in 2012, but still a bad year.

Now to this year we have 12 games coming to the Wii U, and 4 games announced for 2016.

Now those numbers looks very much like in the GameCube era, if this is the last year of Wii U.The numbers, as they stand, can indicate that Nintendo might plan to give the NX (whatever it is) an early launch. Although it's far to early to say this will be the last year of Wii U and I'm not claiming the system is dead or whatever.

My point is that most likely there will be more game announcements as I don't think we will see a new home console coming in 2016.

PaperMario64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.