Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 3,941 to 3,960 of 4,835

DreamyViridi

With thanks to Chandlero's star being my 50th, I can make more levels. After having played some levels here, I messed around in Mario maker again. It's Christmas time so what do I do? Make a regular level that's not at all festive... Oh well, I liked what I made anyway... ^^

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AdamLikesNintend

I really appreciate the new bookmark website! Is everyone else liking it?

I do realize now that my assumption about the difficulty rating being based on clear rate was wrong. I was also wrong about courses getting played less because they were rated as expert because I have plenty of normal courses that aren't getting played much either. I think there was just a lull in people playing 100-Mario challenge but it will probably spike up now because of Christmas.

I realized my Watch For Shooting Stars courses are probably perfect for speed runs now because they have hidden short cuts, alternate routes, power-ups you can skip if you're good, and stuff like that. Please check them out if you're looking to set some speed run records!

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/5E6F-000...

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/5B65-000...

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/3B6A-000...

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/2CAB-000...

@Chandlero: Thanks for checking out my newest course! How'd you like it?

My Super Mario Maker Courses

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9395-3820 | Nintendo Network ID: adamlikesyou

Dizzy_Boy

I was hoping to be able to send my levels to friends on my WiiU. But the in game web portal allows you to find friends with the game and try their levels. I suppose that'll do for now.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Blue_Blur

pikminfan22 wrote:

So I made my first level called "Jump, jump, and jump!" (Sorry, I'm terrible at coming up with names lol ).. The course ID: 264C-0000-0139-D2A0 .. I'm just 'testing the waters' with uploading courses, so any feedback is appreciated..

Well, one of my levels is called "Jump! Jump! Jump!", so either we're both terrible with naming things, or we're both inspired. lol

Next time I turn on Mario Maker, I'll be sure to try out your level!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

DekuOnion

Courses need a description box. Even just 80 characters would go a long way.

Currently Playing: SMITE, ROTTR, Halo 5: Guardians (XB1), Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 (3DS)

Dreamliner

I'm so done with this game. More time is spent finding levels than playing them. Additionally, even though the level must be 'beatable' they are not practical for any 'Mario' fun.

I was never interested in 'Making'...just 'Playing,' so I was already only interested in 50% of the game. The new updates with bookmarks is much better, but I still find myself trying 5-6 levels before finding a reasonable one to beat.

I wish Nintendo invested their energies in this to make HD remakes of the classic Mario games, Super Mario Bros., SMB3, SMW.... etc.

They did it with 'New Super Mario Bros.' and they've done it with Zelda; with MM, 99% of the work is done...not sure what their hangup is.

They could easily charge $60 for HD remakes of NES & SNES Mario and another $60 for N64 and Sunshine HD.

Lastly, this game will be worthless when they kill Wii U online like they did to the Wii...and my precious Mario Kart....which I would also pay lots for all previous MK tracks/cups to be playable in MK8...

Goodbye MM, you tried...kinda.

Dreamliner

SuperWiiU

Dreamliner wrote:

I was never interested in 'Making'...just 'Playing,' so I was already only interested in 50% of the game. The new updates with bookmarks is much better, but I still find myself trying 5-6 levels before finding a reasonable one to beat.

When you find a good level, heart it and the maker so you can check out their other levels and also check out the levels they hearted. Once you found a few people with similar taste in levels as you, this will make sure there's good supply of fun levels available whenever you play the game.

My latest level:

It's a really simple level, but the point is to collect all the coins which makes it a little challenging.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Dreamliner

What is the easiest way to get these level codes into my MM? Is there anyway to do it via the MM website or am I seriously expected to type in that ridiculous string on the GamePad for each level I want to play?

Edited on by Dreamliner

Dreamliner

Lycidas

Man, between Xenoblade, Splatoon, Fast and Steamworld Heist, I haven't touched this game for some time now. The updates are really exciting and may spark my creativity again.

Somehow most of my levels are ranked as difficult, so I'll have to reconsider what I thought of as challenging but fun.

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

SuperWiiU

Dreamliner wrote:

What is the easiest way to get these level codes into my MM? Is there anyway to do it via the MM website or am I seriously expected to type in that ridiculous string on the GamePad for each level I want to play?

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/
You can use your Nintendo account to log in to that website and select the courses to be send to SMM on the Wii U. In SMM there's a special tab for it on the levels page I believe.

You copy any level code you see here on this website to
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/ --place course code here--
example: My level code is: B67D-0000-0137-F59F
So the following address sends you to my level page on that website.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/B67D-000...
After you login on the site, you can click on the bookmark link of a level page to send it to the game.

@Freeon-Leon also posted his level page on that website above.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

LavaTwilight

Here's my latest level, Fireplace To Narnia, inspired by one of the best books of all time: The Forgotten Art of Building a Good Fireplace, by Vrest Orton.

Mario Maker ID - 4XR BYS 5PF

My Nintendo: Mikee | Nintendo Network ID: LavaTwilight

PeachToadstool

Merry Christmas season, everyone! Yesterday marked the release of Melody Roads: Ice Cap Zone, my special gift to you! The legendary music in the first area is an arrangement of Ice Cap Zone Act 1 from Sonic the Hedgehog 3. The second area features a wintry remix of the song, complete with a cameo of Carol of the Bells. Much like Melody Roads: Luigi's Mansion, this scrolls automatically within the frozen cavern setting. Hurry through, or Sonic will be left behind!

Thank you soooo much for your support, everyone! <3

Visit my YouTube channel for game music sequences, remixes, and originals by yours truly!
http://www.youtube.com/PeachToadstool

Nintendo Network ID: PeachToadstool | Twitter:

Chandlero

@99mushrooms: It seems you are as addicted to speedruns as I am I still hold the World record in "Floats 'n Woes". Maybe you should try again to beat it. I didn't try other levels so far but I guess I have some time tomorrow and will try @Freeon-Leon's levels under 20 seconds.

@DreamyViridi: You are very welcome. I really deserved this 50th star! I bookmarked your level and will play it tomorrow.

@AdamLikesNintend: You costume level was very funny. I didn't record it since it was very easy. I guess, you intended it that way since you wanted to show all costumes. I never saw a lot of them before. Normally I just make and play SMW levels. Sadly, there are no costumes in SMW.

@SuperWiiU: I played your level and you can watch it here. I really missed the point since I didn't know you had to collect all coins. I just played it the normal way and therefore it was very short. I will try again and beat this challenge

@LavaTwilight: I played your level, too. I beat it first try but I was lucky at some points and was very fast. I really looked nice with the white background and I really enjoyed it.

Edited on by Chandlero

shadow-wolf

Hi everyone, I'm new to the NL community!

My first course is Bounce Coaster, 8A4F-0000-0149-3FC6. I tried to make it challenging but fair! Please star the level if you enjoy it! Also, please give me suggestions or feedback, it'd be appreciated!

P.S. to make the course easier, make sure to do high jumps on the bounce coaster by holding down the jump button, and do spin jumps to slow your fall while in mid-air!

shadow-wolf

Maxz

I made a new level and I'm super proud of it and stuff! It started life as a demo level for the new Bouncer item, and as such... no longer contains a single Bouncer... So it failed in that respect, but I think what it evolved into is a lot more interesting! The main premise is that you're stuck in a box-like chassis, that rolls through the level and forces you to navigate through the box in different ways. I spent the days leading up to Christmas brainstorming and building it (and even dreaming about it), and I managed to upload it on Boxing Day, which seemed appropriate for a box themed level. It's only just registered on the Bookmarks site though (which seems a little slow), so here I am advertising it now:

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/CCEA-000...

@smm1: Hello! It's great to hear new people are coming to the game! You're level doesn't seem to have been registered to the Bookmarks website at the time of writing ( https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/8A4F-000... ), but hopefully that link will work by tomorrow. It it doesn't, I'll actually make the effort of searching for the code ingame.

@PeachToadstool: I've bookmarked your level and I'm really looking forward to playing it. I like the idea of a platformer/music hybrid, because music levels - while cool - rarely have anything that can be described as 'gameplay'. I had a go at my own Jingle Bells based platformer ( https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/12C1-000... ) so I'll be interested to see how it compares!

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

99mushrooms

Chandlero wrote:

@99mushrooms: It seems you are as addicted to speedruns as I am I still hold the World record in "Floats 'n Woes". Maybe you should try again to beat it. I didn't try other levels so far but I guess I have some time tomorrow and will try @Freeon-Leon's levels under 20 seconds.

@DreamyViridi: You are very welcome. I really deserved this 50th star! I bookmarked your level and will play it tomorrow.

@AdamLikesNintend: You costume level was very funny. I didn't record it since it was very easy. I guess, you intended it that way since you wanted to show all costumes. I never saw a lot of them before. Normally I just make and play SMW levels. Sadly, there are no costumes in SMW.

@SuperWiiU: I played your level and you can watch it here. I really missed the point since I didn't know you had to collect all coins. I just played it the normal way and therefore it was very short. I will try again and beat this challenge

@LavaTwilight: I played your level, too. I beat it first try but I was lucky at some points and was very fast. I really looked nice with the white background and I really enjoyed it.

Yea I Will get back to it, I will also see if any of my levels are good for speed runs and post them. It's been pretty busy around here lately.

Mario vs the corndog farmers 1
BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

Laying pipe for princess peach 2
37FD-0000-00F7-B212

The dangers of shell jumping 1
2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

Let me know what you think, I would love feedback and some stars i...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.