Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 3,141 to 3,160 of 4,835

AdamLikesNintend

I imagine this will just simply get buried in the avalanche here and I'll be lucky if more than six people notice it but oh well, I guess that's just how things work here. Might as well give it a shot.

For every course of mine that you give a star, I will give a star to one of yours. I generally put a fair bit of time and effort into my courses but I also realize that the vast majority of the SMM community spends all of 5-10 minutes on a course before slapping it up on the server so, per this agreement, I am even willing to star your lazy slop-buckets too. I will also try to complete an equal number of courses (or all of your courses if they're actually good) if you complete some of mine. Please post on here to let me know which of mine you starred/completed so I know you're in on the deal. I will take your feedback if you want to post some on here too. I just might not incorporate it since that would require deleting the course from the server unfortunately.

There's two exceptions though: I will not star troll courses. I can kick some serious Super Mario butt so if I can't finish your course, you probably didn't want me to. Also, if you upload auto courses, I literally don't want your stars. I wish you would delete all of your courses from the server and sell your copy of the game to someone who enjoys actual gaming. SMM would be a million times without any auto courses. I also would prefer not to get any 1-1 recreations but I don't despise those like I do auto courses so I'm stilling willing to trade stars for them if that's like all you make.

Remember, you can access all of my courses with just one code by clicking on my cute little face, but here are all of my current codes anyway:

Demolish the buildings! (easy) (115E-0000-00B7-7357)
SUIT UP DO BATTLE GET MONIE$!! (FBE9-0000-00BB-507D)
Heaven or ???? a.k.a. SAVE HIM! (F6CE-0000-00A2-4643)
Yoshis Terror Island/1Up Factory (A111-0000-00A4-1C37)
Mario Metroidvania Mania (hints) (198D-0000-00B3-8282)
How to Mario (Beginner) (AFAF-0000-00B0-6FAE)
Genesis of Caged Love (easy) (ED49-0000-00B7-C9B5)
Retro Caged Love (easy-medium) (2A53-0000-00AB-EB74)
Super Cagey Love (medium-hard) (D8C2-0000-00B6-3F90)
New Caged Love (hard) (712F-0000-00B7-BC61)

Edited on by AdamLikesNintend

My Super Mario Maker Courses

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9395-3820 | Nintendo Network ID: adamlikesyou

Dizzy_Boy

@AdamLikesNintend I starred a couple of your levels. SHUT UP DO BATTLE GET MONIES, and Heaven or ???? a.k.a. SAVE HIM!.
Here's codes for a couple of my levels that you should like.
3F35-0000-007A-C72D - Brave the haunted house
126C-0000-004B-B3A9 - Fire and ice

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

AdamLikesNintend

@dizzy_boy:
1. Thank you, your karma has come full circle.
2. It's SUIT UP, not SHUT UP, but SHUT UP DO BATTLE GET MONIE$ certainly would have been a funnier title.
3. I can tell you put some thought into your courses but those two are very short. I'd like to see longer courses from you if you have them. Either way, since your creations are clearly above average, I plan to check out some more of them and probably continue with the stars. I hope you'll check out more of mine and give some more stars as well. The two you did are good but not my best.
4. Not sure if you know this but in Fire and Ice, I just let Boswer destroy the ice blocks directly above him and was able to jump right to the battle axe without using the door and fighting Bowser. It's still a good ending but not sure if you caught that minor short cut.
5. I think I just bumped you up to the next medal! Congrats!

Mustaviini

@AdamLikesNintend: I played your levels and while none of them were exactly to my taste, they were all fine. They could use some fine tuning and were kinda too long, which makes them punishing without checkpoints. You have lot´s of great ideas on those stages, but you should now try to focus those ideas and pair them up with cohesive Mariolike platforming to make something excellent. You have tons of potential!!

I starred your levels too.

Mustaviini

AdamLikesNintend

@Mustaviini: I noticed notifications from you popping up for like 20 mins, thanks! I'm already browsing your courses now... let me know if you want me to check out any in particular. So far I'd say we definitely have different tastes and visions of what we want out of SMM but mutual respect. Your courses are definitely more traditional than what I'm seeking on here, and a bit short for me, but they're on par with a traditional Mario retail release for the most part so you are very good at what you do and I would have gladly starred your courses if I came across them in 100 Mario Challenge.

Honestly I did a TON of fine tuning except on SUIT UP DO BATTLE GET MONIE$ so do you just mean that course of all of them?

I know my courses can be long but I try to give you multiple chances on the more challenging parts rather than force you to start over numerous times. I would LOVE to add checkpoints though. And I know they're mostly not traditional Mario platforming (The Caged Loved Ones are probably the closest) but that's kind of the whole point for me. I own every main series Mario game - except Sunshine! :c( - and have been playing Mario for nearly 30 years so I'm more than content with the traditional Mario games that Nintendo makes. For me, the biggest appeal of SMM was the promise that you can do things you'll never see in a traditional Mario game and it very much delivers. My courses seem to be more difficult than I intend though... to me they are all quite easy because I know the concept I was going for.

Dizzy_Boy

@AdamLikesNintend Oops, I should have paid a bit attention to that name huh?
I've been trying harder to stretch out my levels, I've had a few people tell me that my levels need to be a bit longer.
With those two stars I've posted up some more levels, there are some that should address that problem.
It's always a learning curve to try and balance fun, difficulty, and longevity.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

DekuOnion

Here's a level I made that may require some trial-and-error. It also has some puzzle elements to it. It's not really a level I expect random plays to stick with, as they usually have a shorter patience and/or might not understand the mechanics. It was made with a more experienced SMM player in mind. I want to do some more levels similar to this, possibly a bit longer. It's tough to make a long challenging level without checkpoints. If we had checkpoints I feel I could make much more challenging segments near the end of the level.

Edited on by DekuOnion

Currently Playing: SMITE, ROTTR, Halo 5: Guardians (XB1), Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 (3DS)

AdamLikesNintend

@dizzy_boy: I also prefer longer courses than most people do... you might think my Caged Love courses are way too long and they actually all came from my very first creation. I hope you'll check out more of mine though!

yokokazuo

I made the original version of this course awhile ago, but since I just got a 30th anniversary Amiibo, I decided to add a couple things to it.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

sjmartin

@AdamLikesNintend: I set you as a designer to follow. I played your "Demolish" and "How to Mario" levels. I really enjoyed both, and I gave them both stars. If you get a chance to play mine, that would be great.

Mario Maker 2 ID: WKV-KWN-KMF
Luigi’s Twisting Ghost House - QHF-4Q9-3SF
MarioKart Fun-Time Drive - 5MY-7TR-HRG
Toadette’s Speedrun Sprint - 6W1-F24-6FF
Bowser’s Boss Fight Bonanza - 5S2-8WF-5KF
Captain Toad's Adventure - V6G-R6L-8RF
NNID: SJMartin

Twitter:

Dizzy_Boy

Here's one of my latest uploads. It's fairly easy, but it's quite a fun level.
7036-0000-00BC-88D4 - Just play it....

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

DanoLefourbe

@Weland: Tried this level and loved it. Very original and super fun. It also looks good. I saw you have a lot of other levels and will try them at some other time.
@Darkcast: I tried Bowser Junior's Castle and it was fun. A very nice balance between precisoon challenge and fun platforming. Lvel design is super nice as usual. I will also try your other new levels later.
@Hanakane: You water temple level is absolutely awesome and gorgeous. The title scrolling at the end was a very nice touch. Mechanically it also works like a water temple: it might look a bit confusing at first, but just be logical, and it works out. I really want to see part 2!
@yokokazuo: I tried your level, but I found it somewhat clunky. I ended up dying a few time after getting seemingly stuck. I'm pretty tired, so I will try it again later.
I also tried Underwater Fire. Because the title seemed fun. The level is also very fun. I had a blast dodging all those fireballs adn racing to the end with the boss at my back. Nice work on this one!

Edited on by DanoLefourbe

All my levels

Nintendo Network ID: DanoLefourbe

Darkcast

@DanoLefourbe I'm glad you like my levels. Let me know what you think of my newest one when you can. And if you'd like to follow me it would be much appreciated.

Darkcast

DanoLefourbe

@Darkcast: Don't worry about that. I'm already following you since I tried your earlier levels ^^. So I won't miss out on what you make.

Ok time for me to share my 3 latest levels. Those are somewhat experimental and I could use as much feedback as you guys can provide:

Thank you.

All my levels

Nintendo Network ID: DanoLefourbe

Darkcast

@DanoLefourbe Awesome . I'll give your levels a try when I get back on the game. My mom is using the tv right now and I'm not a big fan of playing on the gamepad unless I have to (making a level).

Darkcast

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.