Forums

Topic: FAST Racing Neo General Discussion OUT NOW!

Posts 201 to 220 of 247

Tasuki

@shani: No thank you, My game time is so erratic that I just can't commit to something like that. But thanks for the offer.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

veeflames

@shani: Well, I always play with the GamePad if I have the chance. Granted, the fact that my Pro Controller sticks are really uncomfortable to use (rubber nub literally fell off), but still; GamePad's a very comfortable controller to me. I can play Splatoon for hours without my arms getting tired (my secret? I play lying down, so my arms rest on the floor. Pretty genius). Coupled with the fact that Pro Controllers are pretty expensive, I'll be seeing myself playing with the GanePad for a very long time.
I guess it'll be nice to play a game like FRN with the Pro Controller, though... I guess we'll have to see.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

shani

@Freeon-Leon: Cool, then I'll add you to the list. Seeing as how slowly it went so far (+ the time to find a date that suits everyone), I'm pretty sure it won't be before next weekend.

@Tasuki: No problem, but thanks for your reply anyway.

@Vee_Flames: Yeah I actually wouldn't have got the Pro Controller if it hadn't been on a coupon deal for 30 Euro. It's really a great controller and I also have used it on PC (although I already have four Xbox360 controllers for that ^^).

But the Gamepad is also still comfortable and the first choice for a lot of games. And I always let it rest on my belly. I would try to play lying down, but that's not really possible here without facing away from the main screen. ^^ It's just that at some point (probably after 3-4 hours, sometimes even sooner if I have played a lot before) the muscle (lumbricalis) of my left index finger starts to hurt or sometimes it's the muscle of my thumb or it's the wrists or fingers in general that feel sore. It really depends on the game and the duration. And probably on how much those muscles have been stressed lately due to gaming a lot... or it's just a sign of aging. ^^

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

NintendoFan64

@shani Sorry about not replying sooner. Anyways, I'm sorry, but the answer is no. Unless it's during the weekend/it snows next week and there's nothing I have to do, so...sorry.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

wiiincarthage

I had a $10 eShop code that I applied to get Fast Racing Neo a couple days ago. I haven't had a chance to play it yet but looking forward to it. It definitely looks challenging but I was also impressed by the graphics in the game trailer!

Wii in Carthage - NNID: dave64836

My3DS

When I can buy a Wii U, this game, Minecraft, and maybe a CoD game will be the only games I get. Nothing else seems interesting. I can't believe this has online multiplayer too. I would have gotten it even if it wasn't. I probably still would have gotten it even if it was $60.

My 3DS has the best Nintendo 3DS browser games. 2011-2019.
http://my3ds.org/

jariw

My3DS wrote:

When I can buy a Wii U, this game, Minecraft, and maybe a CoD game will be the only games I get. Nothing else seems interesting.

Ok... You sure seem to have a quite unique taste if these 3 games would seem like the only interesting ones on the Wii U.

jariw

jump

^I was gonna post similar with COD and Minecraft are better on other consoles but I can't think of a similar title for Neo Fast Racing on other consoles, but whatever floats their boat.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Luffymcduck

It's fun to jump on other cars in online play and jump really high. Sometimes this results in a crash but in Willard Mine in the last straight line before the turn to the right I jumped really high an drove trough the wall. Maybe the developers thought I couldn't go there.

Hero Mode was a lot more fun to play than I expected. It has taken me anything between 1-11 tries to beat those stages. I haven't beaten Sunahara Desert though and since Sunahara Desert is the only real issue for me in order to unlock the last cup on highest speed I haven't unlocked the last set of tracks for Hero mode yet. Speed is so insane in this mode it almost reminds me of sneaking in F-Zero GX. I'll mostly play with Fulton Capital but for this cup I need a car with better turning. I use simultaneous ZL/ZR turning for sharp turns but for Sunahara Desert even that isn't enough. I really hate that track and those rocks.

Time Trials are really easy in this game, even on highest speed. So far I've beaten most of them on first or second try. Do they have some hidden developers time that are harder?

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

shani

@Luffymcduck: It may be a bit late and on short notice, but would you like to join our Fast Racing Neo tournament tomorrow at 8PM CET?

@arronishere: There may be a few differences, but if you like CoD, maybe Splatoon is something for you? It's accessible (to newcomers) yet challenging (if you get into the higher ranks) and it's definitely something you won't find anywhere else.

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Luffymcduck

shani wrote:

@Luffymcduck: It may be a bit late and on short notice, but would you like to join our Fast Racing Neo tournament tomorrow at 8PM CET?

@arronishere: There may be a few differences, but if you like CoD, maybe Splatoon is something for you? It's accessible (to newcomers) yet challenging (if you get into the higher ranks) and it's definitely something you won't find anywhere else.

I wasn't home last weekend but I can have a race with you some other time. Just add me to your Friend list.

MetalSmasher86

I just finished Hero Mode 100% a couple weeks ago. Sunahara Desert was murder! I actually spent more attempts on that track than every other track combined! I still need to finish the Time Attacks, though.

Overall, as a longtime F-Zero fan, this game is the high-speed rush I've been looking forward to since F-Zero GX!

yokokazuo

@MetalSmasher86 I just got 100% in all modes today! What did you use on hero mode for Sunahara? I usually use the Fulcon, but used the Kamagori instead for its better turning. Somehow Sunahara isn't the track that took the most attempts (it was second with 5), can't remember the name right now, but the most was 6 on one track where I just kept missing when I was moving onto a lower track usually.

In the Hypersonic time attack for Sunahara I crashed with the Kamagori near the end, but was able to make up time by going off road on the last turn. Luckily I was fast enough to not get reset and didn't crash either.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

veeflames

@MetalSmasher86: @yokokazuo: Oh yeah, Sunahara Desert is something else. Those sharp corners are quite impossible to turn. What I do is try to go behind the rocks so that I don't crash into them... but that's still difficult. I mainly use Ziro Industries which has a good max speed and acceleration, but Sunahara's still difficult with it. Thank goodness I've cleared that cup already, so all that's left is the last cup and I'll reach 100%!!!!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

yokokazuo

@MetalSmasher86 wow, so are you pro at Sunahara with the Fulcon now? Haha
Those turns are such a nightmare with the Fulcon for me.

@Vee_Flames nice! I think when I got first in the cup, I just was cautious through the whole race and ended up in 6th or so. Thankfully I did well on the rest of the tracks and I think I got first by just one point haha.

yokokazuo

Luffymcduck

Well, I finally cleared all the single player challenges.
Untitled

At first I thought it was going to be really easy, having cleared a good amount of time trials on fastest difficulty. Hero mode was fun but not that bad. Sure, one track took me 18 tries but two others just 1. I had some problems with later cups, like 2nd and 3rd on the max speed setting. But then the hard ones came up. Sunahara Desert used to be my most hated track but not anymore. It will forever be Kamagori City. On the max speed setting sometimes you crash after jumps, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you get crushed by that @#£& robot. Overall F-Zero GX is much much harder but this was a nice title. Still going to play online.

yokokazuo

@Luffymcduck I think it is usually better to just stay on the ground in Hypersonic for Kamagori since I think you generally go faster when on the ground compared to taking the jumps plus it is more difficult to get the orbs in the air at a faster speed so it hasn't seemed worth it for me. I think I have most of the robots movements kind of memorized after all my attempts in Hypersonic as well as Hero Mode haha. There was one part that just always got me for some reason though.

yokokazuo

Luffymcduck

@yokokazuo
I had to play Kamagori City in Hero mode 11 times and completing it was a lot easier than in Time Trial. I did start to memorize the robots movements after so many attempts in Time Trial but it was still the only hard track to beat in that mode.

Edited on by Luffymcduck

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.