Forums

Topic: Error Code 160-0103

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

gloriousglenn

Hi all,

New to the forum after just getting my kids Wii U hooked back up after it was "put away" for a while. When I switched it back on it worked fine, starting afresh on one game, but then had issues with the Error Code 160-0103 on some other games and I cannot even access the system settings without getting the error come up.

I've searched around and cannot find too much help.

The console has never been modded or anything like that, but I wanted to ask on here before I tossed it in the trash as the only answers I have found online so far is that it's a brick and there's no fix.

Cheers
Glenn

gloriousglenn

CinnamonRobin

That error seems to indicate that the system needs an update or something is corrupted. You might be able to fix it if you can perform a software update. Nintendo's support page on that error is here.

CinnamonRobin

gloriousglenn

I had already looked at the Nintendo support pages but as they have now dropped all support I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything else, but it looks like have a brick!

@Lightgazzer
I don't think the eMMC flash storage can be removed or replaced...But I was hoping someone was going to show me that I was wrong!

@CinnamonRobin
I can't get into the System Settings without getting the error, so I am unable to perform a system update.

gloriousglenn

SmashBall35

@gloriousglenn

Have you tried calling Nintendo support? They might be able to help. I’ve heard they’re pretty good at solving stuff.

“I paused my game to be here” -SmashBall35

If you are responding to me in forums or a comment I would much appreciate it if you quoted or tagged me in your responses so I can see it and respond. Otherwise I usually can’t tell that you’ve replied. Thanks!

WoomyNNYes

@gloriousglenn Disregard, if you you've looked already..... If you run out of options, you can try looking for retro game business in your area, some of those places also repair game consoles. Or look up game console repair. Since the pandemic, demand & prices have been kind of crazy for all consoles used & new, and even used consoles have become more scarce. Actually, you can even sell a broken console. Some people can use them for parts, or fix them.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

gloriousglenn

SmashBall35 wrote:

@gloriousglenn
Have you tried calling Nintendo support? They might be able to help. I’ve heard they’re pretty good at solving stuff.

I haven't, but I will now. Thank you.

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@gloriousglenn Disregard, if you you've looked already..... If you run out of options, you can try looking for retro game business in your area, some of those places also repair game consoles. Or look up game console repair. Since the pandemic, demand & prices have been kind of crazy for all consoles used & new, and even used consoles have become more scarce. Actually, you can even sell a broken console. Some people can use them for parts, or fix them.

Thanks for the ideas. 👍 Very much appreciated.

gloriousglenn

SmashBall35

@gloriousglenn

Ok. Yup!! Let me know if you solve it.

“I paused my game to be here” -SmashBall35

If you are responding to me in forums or a comment I would much appreciate it if you quoted or tagged me in your responses so I can see it and respond. Otherwise I usually can’t tell that you’ve replied. Thanks!

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic