Forums

Topic: Things you didn't know about certain video games for years

Posts 261 to 280 of 377

SNES_JRPG

In SSBM the big blue stage is as good if not better then final destination. Crazy platforming battles at high speeds!

SNES_JRPG

Blue_Dread

In the special world of Super Mario World, if you stay in the world map screen for a few minutes you can hear the original SMB theme song playing, similar to all-stars version.

I like to play Nintendo games (for a living :P)
I support Wii U.
I love my brother.
I like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and Donkey Kong.

KingMike

It's actually the Special World map screen.

KingMike

RancidVomit86

Tasuki wrote:

Just found this out recent. But a dental imagine equipment company bought the mold plates for the Atari Jaguar system to use as a casing for a dental camera.

Untitled

I remember when I first saw this. I couldn't believe that's what happened. But eh Atari had to try to make a quick buck some how.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

KingMike

Atari wasn't making a quick buck. The HotRod company bought it in the liquidation sale after Atari died, and they needed to sell as much of their assets as possible.

KingMike

KingMike

That someone in Japan made an arcade game called Lethal Crash Race ("LEASAL CLASS LACE!!"), sampling MLK for the demo music! O_o
I'm sure he saw THAT coming, 25 years after his death.

KingMike

CrazyOtto

While it's not a "Thing you didn't know about certain video games for years" but Ecco the Dolphin is the first Sega Genesis/MD game to have a Miiverse community.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

KingMike

I think Ice Man is one of the more manageable of the six bosses.
I think Bomb Man is the easiest.
Elec Man is definitely the hardest (the Thunder Beam is the size of a barn and it kills you in three hits), and Fire Man is the one I next struggle with.

KingMike

Gamecubed

About six months ago I found out that you could unlock King Boo and Petey Piranha on Mario Kart Double Dash. Still haven't done it. I can't get over the fact that for YEARS I thought I had unlocked everything on that game.

Gamecubed

8BitSamurai

Mortal Kombat was offered to Turbo Technologies as an exclusive game for the TG16, but the TTI executives in Japan turned it down, since they thought "Americans were sick of fighting games".

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

KingMike

That would have been a very desperate move given the limited availability of the TG16 in the US, especially by that time.
One can only imagine that is why TTI passed up SFII (Capcom almost certainly would've been asking for a mountain of cash to license that).

KingMike

Ryno

CountWavula wrote:

That Ice Man's boss battle in the original NES Mega Man was THE greatest boss battle of the 6-robot masters. I could never get to him back in the day largely due to the disappearing block segments and the giant Sky death pit with those annoying floating pea shooting googly eye robots. Years later i gave Mega Man a whirl and finally made it to Ice man. After raising my fist in the air like the Ultimate Warrior my expression shifted from extatic to seriousDUDER... What then came after made the other 5 robot master fights feel sloppy in comparison. There's just something so satisfying about his Ice blasting pattern, and how you're supposed to jump right in it and get out as quick as you can, almost in tune with a game of Operation

It's rather tame in the beginning, but it gets hectic when things speed up during the middle!

I never noticed that it looks like Ice Man is skating instead of running.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

GuSolarFlare

Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland was a Remake of Kirby's Adventure O.o
I played through both and never noticed the similarities!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

CrazyOtto

I'm sure you know Super Punch-Out, but did you know there was never a Japanese Super Famicom cartridge release of the game? Super Punch-Out was originally only available in Japan through an online Nintendo cartridge. Super Punch Out is only available in Japan physically on the Japanese Gamecube version of "Fight Night Round 2". Super Punch Out was also released on the Japanese Wii VC and will also be released on their Wii U VC.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

KingMike

Yes, it is one of the few games exclusively released for the "Nintendo Power" legal flashcarts (you buy the cart, then you go to a store to legally buy the ROM). Except once the VC launched you could no longer do that, and thus the exclusive games suddenly became much rarer. (like the Famicom Disk System, games that were only distributed through disk-writing machines became limited in supply once Nintendo pulled the machines from stores and then a decade letter, stopped allowing people to mail their disks to Nintendo).
Unfortunately, I have heard of at least one collector who paid a ton of money for a cart with one of the more desirable games only to find out the game was partially corrupted. Is that due to aging of the FlashROM?
Also, it was only released three and a half years after the North American release. Yet, the Japanese version was probably made first as there is a code you can enter in the NA version to allow you to name your character in Japanese if you want.

KingMike

Manaphy2007

Kid_A wrote:

I've been playing Ocarina of Time since I was a pretty young child.
But I had no idea that in the Lost Woods, in one of the sections (I forget which one now) there's a hole hidden in a patch of grass, and if you fall down it there's a bunch of Deku Scrubs that'll let you play a game with them. There's a whole minigame I never knew about until like, last month. Crazy. This game has some depth, y'all.

i knew about that as a kid but didnt know what to do in it.

3DS friend code: 1134-7324-0186
Nintendo Network ID: Manaphy2007_67

3DS Friend Code: 1134-7324-0186 | Nintendo Network ID: Manaphy2007_67 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.