Forums

Topic: Things you didn't know about certain video games for years

Posts 241 to 260 of 377

KingMike

Klimbatize wrote:

That using Warp Whistles in Super Mario Bros. 3 gives you tons of points, which are very important in a Mario game. The Wizard taught me that.

Is that a joke?
Or is it something just in the movie.
Because it doesn't in the game.

KingMike

Jaz007

bezerker99 wrote:

I had no idea Ninja Gaiden was pronounced like THAT!!!

Prounced how? I'm guessing it's not something like Ninja Gay-den (there is no joke there).

Jaz007

DreamyViridi

Pokémon Black was what got me back into the franchise but it wasn't until years later after I 'learned' all of the Pokémon that I realised Rotom's name is Motor spelled backwards. I facepalmed for half the day.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Sleepingmudkip

that gamefreak was 2 party for Nintendo i thought that they were first party google it.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Eel

I didn't know that Peach's final smash song in SSBB is actually the song that plays when you are in the clouds in SMB3.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

Just found this out recent. But a dental imagine equipment company bought the mold plates for the Atari Jaguar system to use as a casing for a dental camera.

Untitled

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

anthonypokemon

in super mario world, its possible for Yoshi to eat Blargs

anthonypokemon

LordJumpMad

DonkeyKong Country and DonkeyKong Country Returns, both came out on November 21 in the US.

In Sonic 3 & Knuckles's Carnival night zone act 3, playing as Hyper Sonic or Super Tails, you can find your way into an unfinished part of the game near the end of the level. Where all the platforms are not solid.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Forral

In Metal Gear Solid, the boss fight against Psycho Mantis, I never knew you could plug the controller into the second slot and not have your mind read by him. However I plowed on and managed to defeat him by using pretty much every bit of ammo I had. I learnt later on from friends about this and they couldn't believe I had made it through. I did feel a bit embarrassed and proud at the same time, a weird combo

Forral

KingMike

LordJumpMad wrote:

DonkeyKong Country and DonkeyKong Country Returns, both came out on November 21 in the US.

Well, I knew that since it was out. And I was disappointed they didn't remake the original commercials.
(I mean the game technically still wasn't on any CD consoles or 32X )

KingMike

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

I didnt realize this until today when I was watching an LP of Mega Man X5 that the North American names for the bosses are all named after members of the band Guns N Roses. Lol

Dude, I recall trying to tell you that years ago, but you missed it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Moviefan2k4

I don't remember how long it took me to find out about Biggoron's Sword in "Ocarina of Time", or that using the Lens of Truth would make reaching that last Heart Piece much less of a headache. I also remember being absolutely thrilled at around age 12, when a friend showed me the warps in the original "Super Mario Bros." game. It took me a long time to even think of shooting Bowser with fireballs.

God, guns, and guts made America; let's keep all three.

unrandomsam

Puzzle Bobble (Bust a Move) has the enemies from Bubble Bobble inside the Bubbles. (Suppose that is quite a common one).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Captain_Toad

Kamek in Yoshi's Island...
Untitled
is actually male.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

CM30

mariobro4 wrote:

Kamek in Yoshi's Island...
Untitled
is actually male.

You're not the only one, from what I can tell online, Kamek's gender is one of the most often confused things about the Mario series, along with Birdo's gender and Antasma's gender (from Mario & Luigi Dream Team). Didn't make that mistake myself though.

As for myself, mostly localisation stuff I didn't know about. Like how Luigi's Mansion had changed the Hidden Mansion and game structure in the PAL version, so you HAD to beat the Hidden Mansion to get enough money/treasure for an A rank. That really messed me up, especially given how it seems most walkthroughs are written by Americans.

Or that the e-Reader functionality was removed from the PAL version of Super Mario Advance 4 (without gameshark/action replay usage). Thanks for making that clear internet, only after I'd imported an e-Reader!

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

KingMike

Birdo's gender is simply a censorship issue.

KingMike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.