Forums

Topic: The GameBoy Advance Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 201

Nagi

Just started playing through Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land again.
I already loved it back then and still enjoy it to this Day. The Graphic Style holds up so well and even the remixed Soundtrack has aged much better compared to other GBA Games. Same goes for Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. Maybe it's just me, but i feel both of these Games (and Kirby Squeak Squad / Mouse Attack on the DS) have the best Controls out of all Kirby Titles. They just flow really well. It's also a shame they didn't brought Co-op Play for most Kirby Games on DS & 3DS.

@Sunsy I just remembered Sonic Battle a while ago and thought about trying it out. I know it's sort of a Fighting Game, but do you know other Games that are comparable to it?

Nagi

Sunsy

@Nagi I don't know why I want to compare it to Smash Bros, maybe it's the fact that you can fight four players on a map, but you can run and fight in all four directions, rather than left to right.

Story mode has a robot named Emerl you can train, earn points from fighting, and adapt moves learned by fighting Sonic and the other characters. Really a unique aspect of the game, even if it feels really grindy at times (I found it easier to play Sonic's story over and over as clearing it gives Emerl 10 points everytime instead of 1 or 2 from most battles, training him is needed to clear some of the tougher story mode fights, points are used to give Emerl moves). In this respect, story mode is kinda like an RPG with fighting rounds in it.

Will also add, there's Challenge Mode, which could be compared to Smash Bros. Classic Mode. You choose a character, difficulty, and fight through five stages.

If you give it a try, hope you enjoy it.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Sunsy

@RedderRugfish Similarly, I never played Power Stone, so I couldn't think of a comparison besides Smash Bros, with some RPG and customization elements in story mode. I'm surprised I didn't get a chance to play Power Stone, since I have a Dreamcast.

The arenas, called maps in game, have basic 3D design, but you can go anywhere on them.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Ninfan

Tere's a cartridge on Amazon that has 369 gameboy advance games on it for around 50 euro. Anyone know if it is any good

Ninfan

Nagi

@Ninfan
Definetly not. These kind of Bootleg Cartridges are always absolute Trash. If you want to have many GBA Games with you at once there are better solutions.

Nagi

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
That was a FAKE GBA cartridge.
Do Not EVER buy those All in 1 Cartridge no matter the prices.
You will regret after that.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Ninfan Best to avoid fake GBA carts, and stick with genuine ones when shopping online. Keep an eye out for the Nintendo logo printed above the cart's connectors, the imprint number on the label, and the screw on back of the cart when looking at pics or inspecting the cart too.

NikBoToon

RedderRugfish wrote:

@Ninfan Steer clear of multicarts like that. If you really want a GBA cartridge that can play hundreds of games, then get a flash cart instead.

Come to think of it, Fake GBA multicart cartridges have hundreds of NES and GBA games in 1. So i think we should not buy them. Maybe the NES multicarts on Game Boy Advance are bootleg cartridges and it's best to stay away from them and get games from the Classic NES Series for GBA. With classics like Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, and more. I think that's the reason why multicarts with hundreds of games is too much for the game boy advance.

Old school games, retro games, Nintendo, SEGA, PlayStation, you name it! πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

DTMOF84

Anyone have any experience installing the IPS backlight screen in a GBA? I just ordered one along with a new shell. Kinda excited to try out modifying this. If all goes well I plan on getting the Retro Modding rechargeable battery and possibly the speaker amplifier kit. Downside is I’ll have quite of bit of money wrapped up in such an old system. But it’s one of my favorites to collect for at the moment.

Edited on by DTMOF84

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
β˜•οΈ
🀘🏻

Heavyarms55

What are you guys' thoughts on the Analogue Pocket? From what I was reading on their site, it certainly sounds like the high end luxury sedan of Game Boy Advance clones and personally I am very sold unless at launch people find some kind of major fault.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Chris77

@Heavyarms55 the pocket is looking brilliant. I held off getting a modded GBA to see how that turns out. With a dock and game gear support it really is shooting for the moon.

Chris77

Switch Friend Code: SW-4822-3134-1042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4382-1960-5156 | Nintendo Network ID: Djoser

Heavyarms55

@Chris77 Right? And it plays real games! It's not the 3057th Chinese Piracy box!

The only thing that would be better would be if it could dump the roms to the device so I could better protect my collection. But I still think it'll be okay.

Chris77

@Heavyarms55 yea exactly right. The video clips on Instagram look good but I'd like to see some more formal update. I think if they didn't have good background with equivalent console hardware I'd be sceptical but reviews of their other work looks good. Hopefully it's not a tiny production run, I could see this selling very well. I'm happy picking up relatively cheap cartridges at the moment in the expectation they'll run well on this thing.

Chris77

Switch Friend Code: SW-4822-3134-1042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4382-1960-5156 | Nintendo Network ID: Djoser

Heavyarms55

@Chris77 Yeah their top quality SNES and Mega Drive clones make me confident!

Vinny

I've been thinking about Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow recently. Man, I played that game so much, I got everything during my only playthrough (every soul, item and whatnot)

One of my favorite Castlevania titles by far. Great soundtrack, mechanics, visuals and story.
It's a shame there will (probably) never be a game that explains what happened in the war of 1999...

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

DTMOF84

Anyone have a good flash cart to look into for the GBA? I've came across the Everdrive. Seems to be a pricey option. Anything else that is a good buy?

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
β˜•οΈ
🀘🏻

Zeldafan79

As long as we are talking about GBA does anyone have suggestions for hidden gems i should look into? I already have the popular well known stuff. I mostly like platformers and RPG's but I'll try anything that sounds cool.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Heavyarms55

@Zeldafan79 If you ever heard of Zoids, I really enjoyed Zoids Legacy back in the day. But don't waste your time if you didn't like the series, it was really a game for people who did.

@DTMOF84 Everdrive really is the best option, honestly. They are pricey, but they have quality you wont find in cheap Chinese clones. But if you want to save a buck those clones do exist.

DTMOF84

@Heavyarms55 I saw them on Retro Modding's site, but they are always sold out. Do you know of anywhere that sells them that isn't a knock off?

Also, on Retro Modding. I don't know if anyone has ordered from them before. But they've had a shipment stuck at the U.S. border for inspection from Customs for a couple weeks. This has held up their other orders from going out until the last couple days. Has anyone else ordered from them before? I'm trying to give them a chance with the understanding that this is out of their control. Do they usually ship and get your stuff to you quickly?

Edited on by DTMOF84

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
β˜•οΈ
🀘🏻

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic