Forums

Topic: Retro recommendations thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 736

RancidVomit86

baba_944 wrote:

Anyone know of a cheap place to get GBA games?

EDIT: Online.

Lukie is usually pretty fair and there is always Amazon or EBay.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

baba_944

Thanks. Now it's time to play catch up.

Who are you?

dAvecaster

Sorry if this has already been answered (I can't face going through 30 pages of messages!). I'm looking for my next xbox title. I Want something involving flight. I've played Crimson Skies which was huge fun. Does anyone have any recommendations? Anything on similar lines to that game? Also is the xbox version of HeadHunter worth a look?

Thanks in advance!

Edited on by dAvecaster

dAvecaster

8BitSamurai

dAvecaster wrote:

Sorry if this has already been answered (I can't face going through 30 pages of messages!). I'm looking for my next xbox title. I Want something involving flight. I've played Crimson Skies which was huge fun. Does anyone have any recommendations? Anything on similar lines to that game? Also is the xbox version of HeadHunter worth a look?

Thanks in advance!

Yager! That game sounds exactly like what you're looking for. If you're into rail shooters, Panzer Dragoon Orta is great too. The internet also led me to Jedi Starfighter, Blazing Angels, Fire Blade, Heroes of the Pacific, and Secret Weapons Over Normandy.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

dAvecaster

Why thank you 8bit! Looking at youtube footage of Yager now! Looks sweet

dAvecaster

10-zx

Yo people! I'm trying to decide which to buy, the N64 or the Retro Duo.
By the way, Retro Duo has no issues for my concern, so it's just NES & SNES vs N64. Thanks!

Edited on by 10-zx

All rights reserved.

Tasuki

NintendoDolphin wrote:

By the way, Retro Duo has no issues for my concern, so it's just NES & SNES or N64. Thanks!

Well it all depends on what games you are most wanting to get/play. Other then that I would go with N64 but that's more of a personal choice cause how I feel about clone consoles. But in the end if that doesn't bother you which games are you more looking to play?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

10-zx

Tasuki wrote:

NintendoDolphin wrote:

By the way, Retro Duo has no issues for my concern, so it's just NES & SNES or N64. Thanks!

Well it all depends on what games you are most wanting to get/play. Other then that I would go with N64 but that's more of a personal choice cause how I feel about clone consoles. But in the end if that doesn't bother you which games are you more looking to play?

Well I like Starfox, Metroid, Mario, Zelda, F Zero, and a few other hardware-exclusives. Basically the more mature leaning Nintendo titles and some hardware show-offs, like Pilotwings. I also want to get a 64DD someday.

Edited on by 10-zx

All rights reserved.

Tasuki

NintendoDolphin wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

NintendoDolphin wrote:

Well I like Starfox, Metroid, Mario, Zelda, F Zero, and a few other hardware-exclusives.

Well honestly that doesn't leave much since all those franchises are available on all three of those platforms. If you are in PAL area though I have read where alot of PAL cartridges have issues especially the popular ones like Super Metroid, DKC, Mario World, Mario All Stars and Mario Kart for example so you might want to stay clear of that.

As far as the N64 goes Mario Kart 64 is one of the best Mario Kart games around and Star Fox 64 is a great reboot of StarFox,

Again though it comes down to what games that are available on those systems that you want to play more. Also keep in mind that some of those games are available on other systems like the Wii, 3DS and Wii U VC so you can probably get them cheaper that way too if you have one of those systems.

Also not sure how much a Retro Duo runs but an N64 you can find cheap anywhere from $20 to 100 depending on what's included with it and where you go.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

10-zx

Tasuki wrote:

NintendoDolphin wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

NintendoDolphin wrote:

Well I like Starfox, Metroid, Mario, Zelda, F Zero, and a few other hardware-exclusives.

Well honestly that doesn't leave much since all those franchises are available on all three of those platforms. If you are in PAL area though I have read where alot of PAL cartridges have issues especially the popular ones like Super Metroid, DKC, Mario World, Mario All Stars and Mario Kart for example so you might want to stay clear of that.

As far as the N64 goes Mario Kart 64 is one of the best Mario Kart games around and Star Fox 64 is a great reboot of StarFox,

Again though it comes down to what games that are available on those systems that you want to play more. Also keep in mind that some of those games are available on other systems like the Wii, 3DS and Wii U VC so you can probably get them cheaper that way too if you have one of those systems.

Also not sure how much a Retro Duo runs but an N64 you can find cheap anywhere from $20 to 100 depending on what's included with it and where you go.

Well I'm NSTC-US so not PAL. Retro Duo goes for like $30 or so, and I want to play the games on their CONSOLES not downloaded and on a database. There's just a magic you can't fill playing it on it's system ya know? They're both more or less the same price. I just can't come down to a conclusion! Arrrrggg...

All rights reserved.

10-zx

There's the fact that the Retro Duo has Metroid where N64 dosn't. But I want to get the 64DD someday so that keeps me repelling too...
Oxxxxxx{|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;>

All rights reserved.

8BitSamurai

My personal distaste for the N64 is probably known, but I recommend getting the Retro Duo. 1500+ games from almost every genre imaginable vs. <300 games with tons of gaps in major genres. The 64DD shouldn't be any sort of a factor at all. It's extremely expensive and rare, with only a handful of Japanese-only titles.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

10-zx

8BitSamurai wrote:

My personal distaste for the N64 is probably known, but I recommend getting the Retro Duo. 1500+ games from almost every genre imaginable vs. <300 games with tons of gaps in major genres. The 64DD shouldn't be any sort of a factor at all. It's extremely expensive and rare, with only a handful of Japanese-only titles.

I know but I think it's cozy playing Mario Artist and Doshin The Giant on a shady day.

All rights reserved.

10-zx

Tasuki wrote:

@NintendoDolphin: Yeah what 8BitSamurai says about the 64DD is true, it's almost not worth it but hey that's just me.

Probably not. But I will get it anyway in some point.

All rights reserved.

10-zx

Ok, leaning slightly towards the RD now. Can anyone enforce it?

All rights reserved.

10-zx

No one is commenting at all. ._.

All rights reserved.

Tasuki

NintendoDolphin wrote:

No one is commenting at all. ._.

Just chill maybe no one has an answer for you. Just be patient and give it a day or so.

My Backlog

MarceloKamui

Valis I, II, III and IV for the PCEngine CD! Love this saga!

Let's play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate!!! o/

Nintendo Network ID: marcelokamui

10-zx

MarceloKamui wrote:

Valis I, II, III and IV for the PCEngine CD! Love this saga!

What does THAT have to do with this?

All rights reserved.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic