Posts 141 to 160 of 408

ogo79

Meowpheel wrote:

Around 100 to 200 dollars on eBay.

for low calorie gatorade?
ill take 2 cases.
http://i.imgur.com/C8j3y3E.jpg?1

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Peek-a-boo

Just opened my box a little while ago.

Whoever decided that the controller cord should be three feet long should be slapped. And slapped again for good measure.

Untitled

It's ridiculous.

Does Nintendo want me to sit mere inches away from my television?!

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

@Pahvi What an utterly preposterous reason!

A three foot lead is mindbogglingly stupid. I don't even know if I want to hook it up to the television or send it straight back to whence it came from.

Peek-a-boo

JoyBoy

@Peek-a-boo Did you not watch ANY video covering the thing?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Peek-a-boo

@Spanjard I saw a couple of official images from Nintendo themselves, but no, I didn't watch any videos.

I just looked on their NES Classic webpage, and this is how they show the console and controller together:

Untitled

They knew what they were doing!

Peek-a-boo

JoyBoy

@Peek-a-boo Did you try pulling the cord? Maybe it will extend! xD

But yeah, it seems to be its main drawback. I still would like have it, but I feel that by the time I'm able to buy this thing I'll be too hyped for the Switch to even care.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

JoyBoy

To be fair, they make the cord look even smaller on that picture.

SW-7849-9887-2074

Peek-a-boo

@Spanjard Pulling the cord does indeed 'extend' the cable, by popping out of the NES Classic itself!

Well, I just had a look on a couple of electronic websites that has HDMI extenders for sale, but then I realised that I am paying almost half the price of the NES Classic itself just to make the power cord longer and more reachable.

I would have to keep switching the HDMI leads on the back of my television too, seeing as the three HDMI sockets are already taken (Apple TV, PlayStation 4 Pro and the Wii U).

This is the first time I have ever felt somewhat upset about buying something!

Peek-a-boo

tailgater

EB Games' site crashed. Preorders are going up again tomorrow.

tailgater

Henmii

It seems our hd-tv in the living-room has usb-ports, a hdmi-port (of course) and a headphone-socket, So I might buy the nes mini to use it downstairs, in the weekends.

Henmii

Harty_88

Just got mine delivered. Thing is amazing! I did notice the black plastic parts above the ports on the front and back are slightly loose in that they can be wobbled with your finger and will rattle if you shake the device. Anyone else with one able to confirm if this is normal or if I've received a slightly faulty console?

Harty_88

Peek-a-boo

The short length of the controller cord finally annoyed me when I soon realised that I was actually going square-eyed from sitting far too close to the television.

Sold it on Gumtree and made 2.2 times as much (£120) as the RRP for the NES Classic.

Great idea. Woeful execution.

Bye-bye Mario!

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Whopper744

I had mine with me and one of our get togethers and didn't know if it would get played or not. Ended up running the thing for about 5 or 6 hours, only breaking to eat, and only leaving when we did because we had another house to visit. Tecmo Bowl was the star of the day, but others such as Zelda (which my uncle hadn't really played since he beat it almost 30 years ago) had some spotlight as well. Very good times.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Shinion

Shouldn't really be proud of scalping y'know. Be displeased with the product all you want and I ain't gonna be hypocritical and say that I'd turn down 2x what I paid for something if it was offered to me but I'd think that we should be better than flaunting how we took advantage of someone's desperation to make a quick profit on here.

Not in the spirit of things, I don't think.

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

@Shinion I work really hard. I teach a classroom of 30 pupils. I earn my wage.

What I do with my money is up to me! I didn't enjoy sitting a metre away from the television screen due to a pathetically short controller lead and becoming square-eyed, therefore I decided to pop it onto Gumtree.

The person who bought my NES Classic paid what he wanted, not what I personally asked for.

It was the result of being disappointed, not in seeking a 'quick profit'.

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo and that's fine, you do you. You absolutely don't need to explain yourself to me, I even said you're well within your rights in your original comment and that I would do the same and that there is no wrongdoing in the way you've done your business. But consider perhaps before sharing this on a Nintendo site that there have been tempers' lost and fights had over this thing because no one can find it for a reasonable price, and consider how you'd feel if you're a parent desperately searching for a reasonable priced version of one of these for their kid and how irritating it must be when they see things like that.

Just today I watched an incredibly scathing video about Nintendo's handle of the situation which I absolutely agree with but it brought forward an interesting perspective from the people who work retail on this most awful of times to work that particular profession and to have to stand there and take being shouted and sweared at because of this situation that scalpers are most certainly not helping and your sharing of that picture felt a little... I dunno tacky maybe? Not sure what the right word is but I hope you get where I'm coming from.

Again I'll reiterate I don't want to offend you and I don't doubt you work hard. But there's ways things like that can be taken/interpreted and I'm glad that you're not one of the true bad guys so to speak

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

@Shinion Apologises for sounding like an arse.

You caught me writing school reports, and I have to make them sound 'good' for the small handful of pupils who are not doing quite so good. That's the life of a teacher who has no choice but to bend over to the robotic education department.

To clarify, I got no joy out of selling the NES Classic, because I was genuinely looking forward to playing with it. I am sure other folks won't mind sitting a metre away from the television, but it's not for me.

Peek-a-boo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.