Forums

Topic: Most successful games you didn't like

Posts 141 to 160 of 164

Luigi-la-bouncy

Fallout 3.

To this day i continue to think i should repurchase this game and give it another go considering all the praise it recieves from all quarters. But i had it before and played it for about 20 hours and it just left me feeling cold and depressed. I'm not saying the game isn't well made, because it is, and i know i'm in a tiny majorty, but i simply did not enjoy my time playing that game.

Luigi-la-bouncy

Bassman_Q

If I've already posted on this thread, my bad.

Guitar Hero & Rock Band series- Its fun to play with friends, but I don't know why anyone would play it by themselves.
Metroid (Original)- Too easy to get lost. Oh, and whats up with always starting with 30 hp no matter what?
Zelda ALttP- Its a good game, but I think its highly overrated. The sound FX are cheesy and you die WAY TOO EASY.
Secret of Mana- Starts off good, but it gets way too hard for its own good.
Chrono Trigger- Another great game, but I think its a bit overrated. I also lost interest with it. Final Fantasy VI is like a billion times better.
Super Mario Galaxy- Don't get me wrong. I like this game. But the camera angles just killed it for me sometimes.
Blaster Master- Cheap. Extremely hard. Terribly overrated.
Okami- I thought it was boring. And its so easy to get lost.

I'm sure there's more. I just can't think of them now.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Chrono_Cross

Super Mario Sunshine- This game is ridiculous. This is not a Mario game. The clunky camera angles, the missions, the secrets and blue coins scattered all over Delfino Square and everywhere else is lazy developing, F.L.U.D.D. is a stupid idea and all his little power ups are just ridiculous and unnecessary just like the game in general, and well I could go on and on about how I hate this game.
Call of Duty- Overrated. The campaign in CoD 6 from Cod 4 is very confusing and dull. Nothing I'd ever recommend. Dual analog is obsolete in my opinion compared to point interface. Along with the online which is ruined by whiny kids and tight teenagers.
Halo- Nothing to really be proud of. Fun for an hour with friends but nothing other Ffirst person shooters haven't improved on. Hoorah Bungie.
Resident Evil 5- Poor AI, completely copied from RE4 and with a wait of almost 5 years this was very disappointing, controls on 360 were to the point where I had to get used to them, and this game was not at all scary.
Madden, NBA, FIFA- Same game every year with little new features to keep me satisfied.
Donkey Kong 64- Read the review on the site and that kind of explains my opinion on the game even though I would've given it a 6/10. A A staircase down from DKC.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

SonicMaster

Donkey Kong Country 2 I just haven't felt anything yet. Haven't played it a lot because I haven't gotten into it. I haven't found any great levels, the graphics didn't blow me out of the water, and i hate that you have to pay to save and change worlds.
LostWinds 2 It's bored me and I don't know what to do next.

Edited on by SonicMaster

SonicMaster

SilverWolf

Call of Duty.

Damn the Blue Satan Shell from Mario Kart

Simon_Deku

Legend of zelda. All of them. Worst games ever!

Minecraft is almighty!

Poochy123

I'll probably take some heat for this one, but I've put in a good number of hours into both the original Metroid and Super Metroid and just can't get that into them. The controls (especially in Super Metroid) drive me crazy, especially trying to do a wall jump. I always seem to miss an item somewhere along the line and then get stuck at a point where I can't go back.

Check out my Classic Video Game blog:
The Time Traveling Gamers
Currently Playing: Super Metroid,Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure, Super Mario Sunshine, and Bit.Trip Runner.

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Wii Play- got old after awhile
Wii Sports- after you get Resort, it's useless.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

ShinRPGGamer

StarFox wrote:

Wii Play- got old after awhile
Wii Sports- after you get Resort, it's useless.

Not entirely, Wii sports have Baseball, regular tennis and boxing while Wii sports resort does not.

Edited on by ShinRPGGamer

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

After you get Mario Sluggers you don't need Wii Baseball anymore, and the kendo on Resort makes a good substitute for boxing (plus you can always get Punch-Out).

Here are some popular games I don't really care about:
EarthBound series
Okami
Metal Gear Solid (or any Metal Gear for that matter)
Metroid series
First Person Shooters
Japanese RPGs (esp. Pokemon; all the games were too redundant)

Edited on by The_Ink_Pit_Ox

ShinRPGGamer

Ture but still, one has to wonder why regular tennis was taken out

Plus i didn't like punch out

Chrono_Cross

StarFox wrote:

After you get Mario Sluggers you don't need Wii Baseball anymore, and the kendo on Resort makes a good substitute (plus you can always get Punch-Out).

Not everybody wants to fork out around $100 for a Mario baseball game and an arcade boxer when they can play the free game that came with the console with those sports on a single disc. And the kendo in Resort's a poor substitute for the real thing.

Just for you.

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Sega and Mario Tennis are great substitutes.

ShinRPGGamer

StarFox wrote:

Mario: yes
Sega: no

Chrono_Cross

StarFox wrote:

But like I said not everybody wants to spend 30,40, or even $50 on a game that they could easily play on a disc they already own. Plus there's not much those games are offering that Wii Sports didn't.

Just for you.

Ninten

Meh, Final Fantasy

Dragons are cool~ Wii FC: 8902 4871 6029 9319
http://backloggery.com/ninten

[19:48] Ninten: lz, your avatar is weird.
[19:48] Ninten: Reggie is like..."Duh, no Mother series for you Americans!"
[19:49] lz2010: That was the point Ninten ;)

Lotice-Paladin

Probably Red Dead Redemption.

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Chrono+Cross wrote:

StarFox wrote:

But like I said not everybody wants to spend 30,40, or even $50 on a game that they could easily play on a disc they already own. Plus there's not much those games are offering that Wii Sports didn't.

Wii Tennis only provides doubles, and your AI partner sucks.

ShinRPGGamer

StarFox wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

StarFox wrote:

Wii Tennis only provides doubles, and your AI partner sucks.

You can control both players by yourself

Meta-Rift

I can't remember if I already posted here or not, but here are the ones that come to mind:

• most FPS's
  • most sports and racing games
  • StarFox series
  • most Mario spinoffs
  • Super Mario 64

I used to hate the Final Fantasy series, but that was just because I had a bad introduction to it.

Meta-Rift

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.