Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 7,781 to 7,800 of 8,930

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I dunno. Because you're... color blind?
They're great games, and well over half the games I mentioned, have plenty of color, so the whole brown-grey dudebro stuff hardly applies here.

@Anti-Matter I honestly have no idea. @NEStalgia probably knows more about the various Xbox 360 models than me. I still have the first model that came out, and never bought any other Xbox 360.

I do know that the slim models also come with a detachable, internal hard drive, but you can add a 2.5 inch portable hard disk to the USB port on the back of the console as well. You definitely need a hard drive, so you should look into either one of those attachable ones, or a USB drive, but like I said, @NEStalgia will be able to tell you more about all that.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX That list just felt like everything a non-fan would point to about XBox being so "American" Yes, I'm almost certainly thinking of @Ralizah here.

@Anti-Matter IIRC there were two white slim bundles, one was the "Special Edition" with the 4GB, and the other was the bigger 4GB with Kinekt bundle. The SE would be pretty rare, I think it was made for a single retailer, probably GameStop, but I don't remember for sure.

I think for a physical game collection of few games, the 4GB limitation will depend on what games you're playing and what the box says is required, plus patches. Game saves certainly don't need more than that, but some games have big, some have very big patches that install. Some games require an HDD (I know Halo 3 did....I know you're not buying Halo 3 but my point is that's an example of some games requiring the HDD to install part of itself onto.) So you may, or may not, be able to get away without the external drive.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia I wanted to like Nuts N Bolts, but the gameplay drove me up a wall. Who wants to play a Banjo Kazooie game where you're messing around with vehicles the entire time?

Xbox 360 was arguably better for good Japanese exclusives than PS3 was.

Also really happy to see the Viva Pinata love in here. They're extremely fun games.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, obviously I had to name all the exclusives and top Xbox 360 games, so naturally all these titles came up. And I really couldn't care less about what any non-Xbox fan thinks of those, no offense.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

PikPi

Ralizah wrote:

I wanted to like Nuts N Bolts, but the gameplay drove me up a wall.

Hah, A+ pun, intended or no

PikPi

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia I figured you or Thanos would catch it. I’m more amazed that no one else suggested Mass Effect. Blur is fun, too.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@AlohaPizzaJack Nah, I purposely ignored it. Who in his right mind would name Colonial Marines as an Xbox 360 must-have? I still hate that idiot Randy Pitchford for lying about how much worse it would look than the initial trailers.

And yes, Mass Effect and Blur are nice too (I actually played Blur a couple of days ago), but as I mentioned in my list, I could have named plenty more titles, but @ReaderRagfish kindly asked me to not overwhelm him, so I tried my best to keep it down to a top 10 of titles and/or categories.

RedderRugfish

Tried out the two 360s I got, both work. Both are slims, one 250 GB and one 4 GB. I think right now I'm looking at getting Ultra Street Fighter 4, Marvel VS Capcom 3, Viva Pinata, Nuts and Bolts, one of the Dead or Alive games, and maybe a few original Xbox games.

Also, my brother has an Xbox One and Xbox Live Gold. Would I be able to share it with him if he logged onto it? I assume it wouldn't work if he was playing at the same time as me, but otherwise I'm not sure.

@ThanosReXXX I do want to pick up one of the Xbox Dead or Alive games, I have the second one on Dreamcast and it's a very solid fighting game even if people mostly know it for the jigglyness. Is there a particular one on the Xbox you'd recommed?

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia Ybox would be better.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me
Edelgard profile pic credit to the amazing: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish If I had to pick just one, then that would have to be the last one that was available on the Xbox 360, Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate. But 4 is good as well. Heck, they're all good, and most have a good variety of characters and newer levels, compared to the previous game. Personally, I've got all of them, but I'm kind of a beat em up fan. Well, 3D beat em ups, that is.

Also got the Virtua Fighter games, and the Soul Calibur games, the fifth of which is the last one for the Xbox 360. Much like Dead or Alive, they're all good games, so it largely depends on personal preferences concerning available characters. Soul Calibur IV has some Star Wars characters in it, so that might be interesting for some, and Soul Calibur V has Ezio from Assassin's Creed.

I'll end this comment with two massively entertaining arcade racers that I forgot to list as honorable mentions in my top 10 list. Pretty much must-haves, if you like arcade racers.

FlatOut Ultimate Carnage, which is not only a great racing game, but also has the most insane party games, that you can play in local multiplayer, and because it goes in turns, you can even do that with just one controller.

Last, but most certainly not least, is Burnout Revenge. I don't even know where to begin, to describe how good, fun and entertaining this game still is. I say still, because originally, this was an original Xbox game, and they upgraded it with HD visuals, and added some extra stuff. It's so entertaining, in my opinion, that I even bought it a second time, this time the digital version, on the Xbox One.

I also saw some people mention the old Crackdown games (1 & 2). If I'm not mistaken, these can still be downloaded for free, so once you've made an account on your Xbox 360, or preferably on both, you can download these by going to the console's digital market place without having to pay a single dime.

Oh, and as far as original Xbox games go: if you're into first person shooters, get Black. Ask @NEStalgia, he knows all about me selling people on that game...

Also available digitally, by the way. I believe it's only $9.99.

Oh, and if you're looking to take advantage of the monthly free Games with Gold service, which gives you 2 free games a month, if you only have an Xbox 360 (4 free games if you also own an Xbox One), then you might wanna keep an eye on cdkeys.com, for cheap Xbox Live Gold subscriptions.

Because of the free games, it's still well worth investing in, even if you don't play online.
Free games available for the Xbox 360 have since a couple of months also featured several backwards compatible original Xbox games, so it's a nice way to also extend that catalog.

Either way, have fun with whatever you're gonna buy/download, and hope you get your money's worth out of it, although that's probably the least of your concerns, considering what you've paid for the consoles...

RedderRugfish

I ended up getting Super Street Fighter 4, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, and Marvel Vs Capcom 2. However, that last one is an original Xbox game, and seems to have backwards compatibility issues. Probably gonna need to buy an original Xbox since I really want to play it.

ThanosReXXX wrote:

and hope you get your money's worth out of it, although that's probably the least of your concerns, considering what you've paid for the consoles...

I told my brother about how I got 2 360s for $10, and later he said he knew a guy who knew a guy who wanted to pay $90 for one of them. Hmm...

DarthNocturnal

@ReaderRagfish

360's BC was all over the place in quality. Some games ran fine, others.... I'm not sure how they got an OK from QA.

MvC 2 was available digitally on 360, as a native port... but I think it's since been delisted. Shame. It'd be a nice addition to XB1 BC...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

RedderRugfish

@DarthNocturnal Halo 1 and Battlefront 1 work fine on 360 as far as I can tell, but MvC2's character sprites are a garbled glitchy mess on 360.

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Well, that seems like a no-brainer, then. Be sure to give him the worst of the two, then.
And with the cash you gain, you can get some more games, so I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

However, having a spare console just in case one of them breaks down also isn't too shabby, but even though that's sound logic, even I would probably have sold the second one. I don't have spare copies of any of my consoles or handhelds either. Unless you count a DS Lite and a DSi XL as spares for a DS Phat...

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Btw, is there any Slim and lighter model of Old Xbox ?
Because when i saw from my friend (Clear case Old Xbox) it was very Bulky and Heavy.
What region for Clear Transparent skin of Old Xbox ?

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish As for backwards compatibility issues, this overview might help you:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_w...
The good thing about that list is that it also lists all the technical issues/glitches that titles might (or will) produce.

For comparison's sake, here's a more recent list, from the most reliable independent Xbox site, True Achievements:
https://www.trueachievements.com/backwards-compatibility/games
This list is actually a backwards compatibility list for the Xbox One, so it lists both original and Xbox 360 titles, but seeing as the exact same original Xbox titles that are compatible with the Xbox 360, are also backwards compatible with the Xbox One, you can still use that list as well.

And since it's probably more recent, any titles that have been removed from the list will probably be easier to find if you use both lists to compare against each other.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

RedderRugfish

@ThanosReXXX I think I'd rather get an original Xbox instead of having a spare 360, because at least half of the games I'm interested in are for the original Xbox, and my experience with Marvel Vs Capcom 2 showed me that I probably shouldn't rely on a 360 for playing them.

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter No, there isn't a slim model for the original Xbox. These colored variants are special editions, not specifically tied to any region, although I do believe that the clear one was a Japanese release.

But you can also get a separate case, in any color you like, and then just move the insides of a black Xbox into the new case:

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Original-GhostCase-Kit-Crystal-Cl...
https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Original-GhostCase-Kit-Clear-Gree...

RedderRugfish

@ThanosReXXX I actually did see that list before, but coming from Wikipedia I didn't put a ton of credibility into it (their list of PS1 games incompatible with PS2 contains several games that I've played on PS2 perfectly fine).

Edited on by RedderRugfish

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic