Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,781 to 7,800 of 10,614

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Yeah, it's one bulky piece of plastic alright...
You could always try one of the later released S controllers. They should probably still be pretty easy to find.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Ah, so you already beat me to it. Nice.
Then again: I'm used to the Sega Dreamcast controller, so once you've tackled that, the Duke really isn't THAT bad big anymore...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Agriculture

NEStalgia wrote:

The initial PS3 fat was as you describe, not very stable when it came to heat management. However the second gen of the PS3 was very stable and I still use mine that I bought in 2008. Recently I played 50 hours of FFX on it.

Regarding the national pulling of WiiU's, I wonder if NoE (or an official distributor) was taking a loss, offering to buy back WiiU stock in some countries to encourage stores to buy into Switch? That would be an expensive program, but it's possible if there was retail pushback.

Nintendo products in Sweden are distributed by a company called Bergsala, which was fined a large sum of money on the 90s for fixing prices on games. It would not surprise me if they demanded the consoles back for the same price the retailers bought them for, and threatened to withhold Switch consoles if they didn't comply. Regardless, it's suspicious how fast the Wii U disappeared.

Anyhow, what I wanted to say in this thread was that the Xbox 360 did come in last that generation and that it does count even though it was due to PS3 sales long after release. Microsoft shouldn't look past such things by only focusing on what is the most current systems. It's important to keep supporting your consumer a long time. Take something as simple as a joypad, if your new PS5/Next gen Xbox controller doesn't work with the old system, then that will eventually mean those who own the older systems won't be able to buy new controllers when they break.

Agriculture

redd214

If anyone is in the market, PUBG X bundles are $350 at Walmart right now, controllers going for only $40!

redd214

BlueOcean

I have the feeling that the generation transition is going to be smoother than the last time for two reasons, sharing the x86 architecture and the mid-generation consoles, Xbox One X in particular. On top of that, Microsoft's idea of backwards compatibility and blurred generation walls. I don't have much time to play lately but whenever I boot my X up I'm totally satisfied. The new consoles are going to be good and the main thing eventually, but not as desperately as it was the last time.

BlueOcean

Anti-Matter

Ugh...
Still No BC for Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 1 - 4 & Universe 1 - 3.

My Top 10 villagers on ACNH:
1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

DarthNocturnal

@Anti-Matter

I doubt any DDR games will be made BC any time soon. The songs in those games were likely licensed, and said licenses for those games have probably run out.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

JoakimZ

More Ninja Gaiden, I should play those games sometime. Razor’s Edge is probably not far away from being BC.

Edit: whoops, it was in fact Razor’s Edge that went BC today, not vanilla Ninja Gaiden 3.

Edited on by JoakimZ

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal They use the dance mat, don't they? Microsoft said at the beginning of backwards compatibility that no peripheral and Kinect games would be part of backwards compatibility.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

@Grumblevolcano

I did think about that, but I wasn't aware they had fully nixed any peripheral-centric games from being added. Although it makes sense, because there's little point in selling a digital copy of such a game.

Tasuki

@DarthNocturnal It's probably more because of the use of the mat. I know about a year ago GTA IV which is backwards compatible had a big patch that deleted alot of the songs that the rights ran out too so they could do that with DDR.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

DarthNocturnal

@Tasuki

Yeah, but the songs aren't gameplay impacting in GTA IV, correct? DDR is literally about dancing to music. Ripping out songs = removing actual content. And if every song license is expired? Enjoy the start screen and menus, I guess...

Grumblevolcano

Confirmed that the 2nd expansion isn't featuring in tomorrow's stream, looks like an E3 reveal then.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

Glad companies are starting to manage expectations before these streams now. I'm sure some will still whine but won't be as bad

redd214

DarthNocturnal

The Mixer chat for any Forza stream is just a tsunami of whining. I mean, give constructive criticism, sure. But they act like the devs are trying to tick them off.

Grumblevolcano

If they're saving Forza DLC for E3, I'm starting to doubt there'll be much focus on next gen. Maybe a tease at the end like the Scorpio tease at the end of E3 2016?

Grumblevolcano

Dezzy

Well they've strongly hinted Halo Infinite is cross-gen so showing that will technically be next gen.

I'm thinking they might show Fable 4 as well, given that they kinda mentioned it last year.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DarthNocturnal

Wouldn't they have a Forza Motorsport 8 to show off as well?

redd214

@DarthNocturnal Turn10 has mentioned that Forza Motorsport 8 won't launch in 2019 so may be a bit too early to reveal that.

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic