Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 7,761 to 7,780 of 8,614

RedderRugfish

So... I haven't tested them yet, but I may or may not have just gotten 2 360s for $10 at a garage sale.

Any good games for someone who mainly likes Nintendo games? I got Halo 1 and Star Wars Battlefront 1 with it. I want Street Fighter 4, but have little idea what else there is. I've never owned an Xbox before.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Which list is shorter: game types you'd like, or ones that you wouldn't like?
Seeing as I've got about 300+ games lying around here, plus probably another 100 digital, I might be able to recommend you a title or two...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

RedderRugfish

@ThanosReXXX I dunno, I guess just give me a top 10 or something. Try not to overwhelm me, Mr I Have A Short List Of 50 Dreamcast Games For You To Play

gcunit

@ReaderRagfish You ever tried Viva Pinata?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfish
Try my list : 🤓
1. Dance Dance Revolution Universe 1 - 3
2. The Sims 3 Pets
3. FF XIII
4. F-1 Star Race
5. London 2012

With Kinect
6. Dance Master / Dance Evolution by Konami
7. Kinect Adventure

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

RedderRugfish

@gcunit Nope, never played it. Like I said, I've never owned an Xbox of any kind before. I've heard Viva Pinata is good though, almost forgot about it.

Morpheel

I bought my Xbox just so I could play my old copy of Viva Piñata again.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish Viva Piñata for sure. And Mass Effect 1. Splatterhouse. Kameo. Ohhh Dark Sector. And Battleblock Theatre. And Costume Quest 1 & 2. Colonial Marines.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

Anyone in the Microsoft loop able to tell me what most people think the new Xbox will be called? At this point my money is on Xbox Banana 421. Because they have had no pattern in naming conventions.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

Anti-Matter

Xbox Ace
Xbox Porta
Xbox 2.0
Xbox Terra
Xbox Primo
Xbox Ultima

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

CanisWolfred

Xbox Infinity. It will come pre-packaged with it's own treadmill and will be marketed as an exercise machine that's fun for the whole family.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

JoakimZ

Crackdown 1 and 2 has been free for everyone (including silver members, I think) to download for awhile now, and now the DLC for both games is also free, so go and grab it if you haven’t already!

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

DarkRula

Midnight Club's a pretty good arcade racer. Forza Horizon is a more realistic racer, but still with the same arcade feel. Try the Fable series if you're after a more action/adventure/RPG type game.

And since you have Battlefront 1, I see no reason why you couldn't try to track down Battlefront 2.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

NEStalgia

@AlohaPizzaJack "Colonial Marines."
ROFL, you sneaky, sneaky devil. Nobody else even noticed.

@Heavyarms55 I still bet on "XBox Y" and a slogan of "XBox Y: Just Y." It fits their otherwise self-destructive naming pattern that makes WiiU look positively marketing-genius caliber.

More serious suggestions might be "XBox Infinite/Infinity" if they really want to push forward with a generation-less hardware-agnostic future of XBox, with generational bleed-over, Windows+console+streaming cross-compatibility, even some Switch compatibility etc. It's a good sounding name, conveys the meaning of such an ecosystem, and would have a solid tie-in to the likely launch mega-title of their flagship series: "Halo: Infinite"

But more likely is XBox Y. Because it fits the unimaginable stupidity of their naming department to date.

(And I noticed after I wrote this @CanisWolfred already mentioned that name! It's gaining traction!)

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish there's frankly tons of stuff but, though it's cheaper on X1, you can get a lot of the Rare games on the 360 including B&K Nuts & Bolts which is oddly fun. That's a must for a Nintendo fan. Sonic Generations (ABSOLUTELY PLAY THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T!!!). Sonic Unleashed.. (snicker)

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Yeah, I did get a bit carried away there, with the Dreamcast, huh?
But I'll be damned if I won't give that excellent console all the attention that it deserves...

As for the Xbox 360: I thought about it perhaps being best to wait until you're sure that the ones you now own are actually in working order, but I'll give (my version of) a top 10 anyways. I'll try to put some variation in there, since you didn't mention any preference and/or dislikes.

Oh, and the genres are in no particular order. Personally, I think it's rather strange to make top of anything lists, where you compare genres against each other, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, here goes:

Far as I'm concerned, every Xbox 360 owner should have a Forza game. Get Forza Motorsport if you're more into simulation, get Forza Horizon if you're more into arcade-like racers. Or get both... And get the latest installments of them, which means Forza Motorsport 4 and Forza Horizon 2.

Then of course, there's Halo, the console's primary mascot series, and a must have if you like fps games with a good story, and are sick and tired of yet another COD or Medal of Honor game...
Because it's a series with a story line, it would make sense to start with the first game, obviously, but there's also two spin-offs, namely Halo Reach and Halo ODST, which are basically standalone prequels/background stories to the main series. And besides those, there's also two Halo Wars games, which are RTS games, so if you like games like Command & Conquer and so on, then you might like these as well.

Next up, for third person shooters, give the Gears of War series a try. Here as well, I'm not going to mention just one game, since the series is connected, so just start at the first game, see if you like it, and go from there.

And I see you've mentioned Viva Piñata, which is actually also a series, albeit discontinued, but there's two games, and both are fun to play, both on your own, or with the kids, if you have any. It's basically a combination of a fantasy-life sim and a gardening game, and it can be very relaxing and enjoyable in short bursts.

I'll try to shorten the descriptions from here on out...

For RPG's get either The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion if you're into more realistic ones, or Blue Dragon if you want a more friendly looking, anime-type RPG. Another good choice is the Dragon Age series.

Of course, I have to mention Red Dead Redemption. Great game if you're into the whole "GTA" thing, except now taking place in the wild, wild West...

I already mentioned racing games, but I forgot the brilliantly entertaining arcade racer Split/Second, so there. It's a great game, with some wonderful trick mechanics, enabling you to change and destroy environments, to wipe out opponents. So much fun, especially with a friend...

Do you like 3D puzzlers, as in first person perspective? Get Portal 2, you'll like that as well.
(and if it's still available in your area, get The Orange Box, it contains 5 complete games: Portal 1, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, Half-Life 2: Episode 2 and Team Fortress)

Another personal favorite of mine is the Bioshock series. Imagine a crazy millionaire with a hermit complex designing a 60's city on the bottom of the ocean, people going crazy, weird, steampunk environments and inventions, and putting yourself in the midst of that decades later, and you'll get the idea. Not for the faint of heart or for a nice co-op experience with the kids...

Another one in the not for kids genre is the Xbox exclusive Left 4 Dead series. A squad based zombie fighter, in which you can either do single player, or play with friends (it's either 4 player co-op or 8 players in online multiplayer, and in single player, the other characters are AI controlled)

On a side note: I didn't mention any real sports games, because I'm not really into those: all I own is soccer and realistic fighting games, but there's of course plenty to find, and for American Football, Basketball, Ice Hockey, Baseball and so on, just go for the official games (NHL, NFL, NBA and so on)

I know it's cheating to add another game when you've already finished the list, but talking about fighting games, reminds me that I simply HAVE to mention the Dead Or Alive series. It's one of the best fighters ever made. Don't be fooled by the bouncy boob mechanics going on in the female characters, because the gameplay is solid.

One last thing to mention: since the Xbox 360 is also backward compatible with almost 300 original Xbox titles, you might also want to check out what that has to offer you. And there are definitely also some good games to be found among those.

I could (obviously) mention quite a few more, but I'll stop here. Also forgot to ask if you also own a PS3, because in that case, there's some multi-platform games in my list, that you might already know or own.

Anyway, hope you find something you like in my list, and if you have any questions about any particular game, you know where to find me...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
Psst...
Untitled

My Top 6 games :

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Despite owning a lot of games in your list, and liking many of them, why is it your post of 360 games brings to mind every negative stereotype of XBox I ever had?

Duuuuude bruh! This game has too much color in it! It needs more brown!

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
I want to ask about White Xbox 360 Slim.
Is that bundle Always comes in 4GB memory stick + 2 White Kinect games for USA version ?
With memory stick 4 GB, should i add with External hdd considering from my Xbox 360 game list, it will be very very small Megabyte or a little GB ?

My Top 6 games :

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic