Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,761 to 7,780 of 11,914

BruceCM

Ha, Ha, @Morpheel .... While installing other games, starting Jade Empire

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Banjo-

@BruceCM It's good-looking, it's in good condition and it's 2TB! I've never played Jade Empire but it has very positive reviews.

Banjo-

BruceCM

Yeah but unfortunately my controller doesn't have all the buttons, @BlueOcean .... Which sadly can't be adjusted & I literally can't finish the tutorial because I don't have a button needed

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM What? Doesn't have some buttons the controller??

Banjo-

BruceCM

Yeah, it shows 2 more just to the bottom right of the A-B-X-Y, @BlueOcean .... Did original XBox controllers have those?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

They are probably equivalent to the two little buttons under the Xbox logo button.

Basically the start and select.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Nope, they're shown in a slightly different place from on mine, @Morpheel .... But those wouldn't be used for playing the game, other than their usual functions

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

BruceCM wrote:

Yeah, it shows 2 more just to the bottom right of the A-B-X-Y, @BlueOcean .... Did original XBox controllers have those?

In the photo I see Home (Xbox), A, B, X, Y, Menu (START) and View (SELECT) buttons. What other buttons to the bottom right of the front buttons do you see??

Banjo-

Eel

Looking through Google, it seems the black and white buttons on the original Xbox controller are mapped to the the L and R bumpers.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

@Morpheel Yeah the original Xbox white and black buttons were basically the bumpers. MS didn't add the bumpers till the Xbox 360.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Banjo-

Morpheel wrote:

Looking through Google, it seems the black and white buttons on the original Xbox controller are mapped to the the L and R bumpers.

So he means the original Xbox game button map screen LOL. I was so confused @BruceCM

Banjo-

BruceCM

Oh, OK, well, it would have been very helpful if it thought to say that I'll try again sometime, now I know that... Started Witcher 2 now

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Lols, I'll see how it goes, @BlueOcean ... I'll go back to Jade Empire sometime, now I know about the weird buttons

SW-4357-9287-0699

DarkRula

It definitely wouldn't be able to say that in the games themselves, but they should at least indicate the change somewhere within the store page of the original Xbox games just to save on confusion.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

BruceCM

Yeah, it's sorted out now, which is the main thing.... @DarkRula It's still installing a few of the GamePass stuff & I'm off to bed any minute
So, I'll start on Arkham Asylum in the morning

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

DarkRula wrote:

It definitely wouldn't be able to say that in the games themselves, but they should at least indicate the change somewhere within the store page of the original Xbox games just to save on confusion.

This is what confused me:

BruceCM wrote:

Yeah but unfortunately my controller doesn't have all the buttons, @BlueOcean .... Which sadly can't be adjusted & I literally can't finish the tutorial because I don't have a button needed

I have never played on the original Xbox so it seemed that his controller didn't have all the buttons but I checked the photos and it seemed alright. LOL

Banjo-

BruceCM

Oh, sorry, @BlueOcean .... I was comparing it to the in-game control scheme, which doesn't have any options but has picture of the controller
Just about to start Arkham Asylum now

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

For saying Gears 5 is coming out in just over a month, I feel like there's very little hype. We've seen so little of the single player campaign too.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic