Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 641 to 660 of 11,914

The_Fox

mariobro4 wrote:

$499 Advantage Nintendo (and probably Sony if done right....)

If Sony announces a cheaper price I wouldn't be surprised to see Microsoft reduce the price to a similar point well before launch.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

the_shpydar

If nothing else, the $499 price point makes it extremely unlikely that the WiiU will be having a price drop anytime soon.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Midnight3DS

Some of the best stuff shown aren't exclusives (aside from first DLC).

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

irken004

I'd give it a solid 7/10 presentation. I feel so bad for the technical hiccups, and the only games that interested me were project spark and titanfall. That price certainly doesn't help the appeal to me.

Midnight3DS

the_shpydar wrote:

If nothing else, the $499 price point makes it extremely unlikely that the WiiU will be having a price drop anytime soon.

Wii-U just got an auto sales bump. I'm guessing PS4 price will be same.

Edited on by Midnight3DS

shingi_70

Midnight3DS wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

Wii-U just got an auto sales bump I'm guessing PS4 price will be same.

Will it thought? I mean as an informed consumer I'd rather buy a product like the PS4/One which I know will get tons of suppor as opposed to the Wii U which is looking pretty barren, as well as having worse graphics and online features.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

the_shpydar

Sony_70 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

Will it thought? I mean as an informed consumer I'd rather buy a product like the PS4/One which I know will get tons of suppor as opposed to the Wii U which is looking pretty barren, as well as having worse graphics and online features.

What really matters is not so much the dedicated gamers/early adopters, who will buy XB1 regardless, but it's the average consumer (parents, etc) looking to buy a game system come holiday time. When they see one system (or two, assuming PS4 is similarly priced) that's $500, and one that's $350 ...

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Midnight3DS

Cheaper, and post E3 should make Wii-U more attractive with some showcase games. I'm not saying Wii-U necessarily outsells, just that the lower price gives it a boost.

HandheldGuru97

$500??!!! While it will sell to some it won't sell to the masses. I'll wait and see what Sony does tonight, but now that the Wii U (appears) to be the cheapest very much like the Wii, this holiday's sale figures will be interesting and no Halo until next year is a blow to microsoft, but we will see....

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

shingi_70

A new Zoo Tycoon announced for Xbox 360, Xbox One,

I agree this is going to be good for Nintendo but they have to show they can garner support. At this point I'd say if you have the money ugo and get a PS4/One and if you don't get a 360/PS3. The Wii U isn't enough of a jump in my mind for its price and doesn't have the software support to recommend it unless you just want nintendo games.

But all that can change in a couple of hours.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

6ch6ris6

does anybody know where i can watch the conference from microsoft? i missed it :/

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

OptometristLime

Sony_70 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

Will it thought? I mean as an uninformed consumer I'd rather buy a product like the Wii U which I know will get tons of support as opposed to the PS4/One which are looking pretty expensive.

Forgive my editing but I think there is a stronger point to be made here: shifting consoles revolves around the spending mentality of the average impulse / curiosity buyer. That group of purchasers will have more spending power, in general, than "informed consumers."

I'm not convinced that consumers are attracted to / even care about the philosophy behind each console going forward; all the big plans for a console's future will be in flux until the market has time to adjust expectations.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

shingi_70

OptometristLime wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

Will it thought? I mean as an uninformed consumer I'd rather buy a product like the Wii U which I know will get tons of support as opposed to the PS4/One which are looking pretty expensive.

Forgive my editing but I think there is a stronger point to be made here: shifting consoles revolves around the spending mentality of the average impulse / curiosity buyer. That group of purchasers will have more spending power, in general, than "informed consumers."

I'm not convinced that consumers are attracted to / even care about the philosophy behind each console going forward; all the big plans for a console's future will be in flux until the market has time to adjust expectations.

They care about games which the wii has a lack of. When people go into this holiday season theyre going to skip the Wii U because it doesn't have madden, Battlefield etc.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

They care about games which the wii has a lack of. When people go into this holiday season theyre going to skip the Wii U because it doesn't have madden, Battlefield etc.

most of those games are on 360/Ps3

oh uninformed...good point then

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

most of those games are on 360/Ps3

oh uninformed...good point then

Which is why I said earlier that if someone was looking to save money they'd go for the 360/PS3, while the high end consumer will skip the Wii U for the One/PS4.

If sony screws as badly as Microsoft did i'll get a one, but if they don't than PS4 will probably be my next console.

WAT!

rallydefault

I thought the press conference was awesome. There is no doubt that Xbone will have plenty of games, just like the 360. The exclusives do seem pretty skewed toward shooters/mature action games, but that is the pedigree of the Xbox and not necessarily a bad thing.

But, in the end, I still can't make myself put money up for this thing. The price tag doesn't actually phase me - I expected it to be that high. I just can't support the online check-in, Kinect, and used/loaning games system Microsoft is pushing here. It's a disturbing trend for console gaming and I just can't bring myself to support it. I know the absence of my $500 is not going to turn the tide, but having an honest passion for console gaming keeps me from getting into the Xbone.

rallydefault

shingi_70

^Pretty much how I feel. Hell the used games stuff I can take. I just have the having to check every 24 hours.

WAT!

Peach64

I really enjoyed the conference. I found the reveal underwhelming, but they had been pretty clear that was the console reveal and the games were coming at E3. Fair play to them, they made good on that promise. I won't be getting one at launch, probably not even a year later. I think the PS4 will be my 'main' console this time, but I will be getting an Xbox One eventually because there's already a handful of exclusives that interest me.

Peach64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic