Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 5,621 to 5,640 of 11,914

Ryu_Niiyama

@ThanosReXXX @NEStalgia Oh snap, somebody almost got the infinity gauntlet used on him...

Question for xbox 360 games that are downloads is it possible to switch the save location to the local hdd? Crackdown only gave me a cloud option on the one. Also is it possible to put your 360 saves on the one? Bc is nice but not when i have to start over. I don’t have free time like that. My google fu is failing me here today.

Also feel better Mr. Eternal.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

@Ryu_Niiyama To transfer 360 saves from 360 to XB1 you have to move or copy your 360 save files to the cloud. Then once the cloud saves have been synced on 360, you load up the 360 game on XB1 and it'll retrieve your 360 cloud saves. Copy is safer than move given what @DarthNocturnal is talking about.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX If there were "a lot of people" that came from PureXBox, it would still be running Seriously though, yeah, I get that, but still, this is Nintendo Life, not PureXBox. It's a great XBox thread, but it can't be isolated from being an XBox discussion among Nintendo players. And all of us involved in this conversation are definitely Nintendo players.

@Ryu_Niiyama IIRC you have to use the cloud storage for BC, though obviously if you're not online, it's saving locally to later sync, for some reason I don't think the XBox emulation works with detecting the local HDD. It strikes me odd, but I'm not complaining since it's the only platform cloud saves are free for everyone

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama No, Xbox One only offers cloud saves for 360 games, but like @Grumblevolcano said,
you can transfer/copy your saves on the 360 to the cloud, and then they will get synced with the Xbox One,
once you start up the Xbox 360 game on that console. I've done that for several games.

Simply go into System/storage on your Xbox 360, and copy the save files (do NOT move them) of the game/games you would like to play on the Xbox One to the cloud. The nice thing about it is that the syncing goes both ways, so the save file on the Xbox 360 will also be updated (with the progress you made on the Xbox One) if you start the game up on that console again.

The reason for the cloud saves might very well be because you're not actually installing the game from your disc. The disc is just used as an access key, to show Microsoft that you own the game, and then it'll allow you to download an optimized/adapted version of the game for Xbox One, that is used with the emulator. That probably all comes from a dedicated server. And even the digital downloads are slightly adapted versions, or they are bundled with the emulator, I don't know exactly, but either way, they aren't 1:1 copies of the ACTUAL 360 games.

And thanks. I'm actually okay myself, it's just company-related, but I'll get over it. Eventually...

@NEStalgia Like I said: forget I mentioned it. The situation was probably not as black and white as that, though, concerning Pure Xbox. I never subscribed there either. Much like the first two/three years that I started to visit NLife, I was just that: a visitor, not a subscriber. And by the time I finally decided to do so, the site was about to go offline, and all I got to see was this thank you page...

And of course I was speaking in relative terms. There's not a lot of people in this thread either, but it IS the only Xbox haven on here, and a decent one at that, most of the times. I've not seen a lot of the old posters from the Pure Xbox site, so I must assume that they really were "pure" Xbox, otherwise they might also have found their way to this forum topic...

But on a side note: personally, I actually DO come here for the Xbox talk. The rest of the site and the topics,
other than the PS4 thread, is already for Nintendo, so yeah, nice to have this little niche out here to talk about the other consoles that I like...

But anyway, let's just skip past this one (again), since it would seem that I am once again that guy calling out in the desert...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Dezzy

So when are we gonna see gameplay for Halo Infinite? They have said it's current gen (probably means cross-gen).
Maybe not until E3?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Banjo-

@NEStalgia I also prefer the paddles on the Elite controller instead of the stick click, but once you accept how basic Nintendo controllers are and that there isn't any option in BotW to map the dash button to any non-front button, I really appreciate being able to dash and move the camera at the same time in XCX.

Thanks for your reply, I was genuinely curious about your opinion because we have talked about the series before and I was very harsh with Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii).

I really hate some songs like both NLA tracks but some of the (instrumental) ones are great. The NLA songs would be fine if you only heard them once in your life but not in a loop while playing a massive game.

The combat is deep but I like it. There are things not properly explained like how do you heal, soul voices, etc., but once you get some practice it's good fun and I am still learning, there is a lot of combat styles and some can be frantic but fun. I am about to get a Skell. I use the manual camera which is better for combat.

The side quests are much more interesting than in the "first" game and I am enjoying my time with everything that the game has to offer. It's a very polished game considering the hardware limitations. Overall I am loving the game against all odds.

Don't bother with the non-Replay versions of the 360 games that are featured in Rare Replay. They are the same but, as DarthNocturnal said, the ones with the "Rare Replay" banner connect with the Rare Replay "game", which includes the Spectrum, NES, Nintendo 64, Arcade and Xbox games plus the museum with the rewards and bonuses. Congratulations! You got a wonderful collection of games where, more than ever, Nintendo and Xbox get mixed.

By the way, for anyone that is fond of Jago, Orchid and company the classic Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct 2 arcades are included with Killer Instinct (3) Definitive Edition. Killer Instinct Gold is in Rare Replay.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Eel

"Hm yes let's play a short mission before sleeping. Something that won't advance the story too much"

"Ah, miners trapped in a cave, this should be quick"

It's a full frigging dlc side story with its own hub, side quests and stuff.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BrainOfGrimlock

You must be further in than me, don’t think i’ve seen that quest appear as yet? Suspect it may because i’m only just on the ‘relocation’ quest - am assuming you’re past that now!?

I know the feeling well though, fell down the proverbial ‘quest-well’ last night & it was 1:30 before I could so much as blink!

BrainOfGrimlock

Eel

It's apparently a quest that only appears if the Inquisition uh... Moved out of the Heaven town.

It's the first mission I do from the Skyhold.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BrainOfGrimlock

Yeah that makes sense, i’m literally just moving in to skyhold now - at least now I know to avoid that one for a bit!

BrainOfGrimlock

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy That's a reasonable guess as X018 was pretty much a giant Xbox Game Pass ad. Any Halo news before E3 will likely be MCC related.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

The next Halo news will probably be Halo Reach as an X-enhanced game because it's the only one not part of the Master Chief Collection since it's a prequel and it's also the only Halo not remastered and not X-enhanced. I suspect that Halo Infinite will launch around 2020 as a cross-generation title so it wouldn't be shown until 2019 (or even 2020).

EDIT:
Oh, is it almost 2019 yet?!

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

redd214

6 months of gold still on sale for $20 everywhere if anyone needs to re up their sub!

redd214

TuVictus

So I just subbed to Game Pass. I never really had a concrete idea of what it was before now. It's extremely generous, there are so many games I can now try out that I otherwise never would have. Isn't this the Netflix for games everyone has wanted?

TuVictus

redd214

@PikPi yeah that's essentially what it is. Hope we get the rumored cheaper discless consoles to take advantage of things like this.

redd214

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Yeah I wanna know if they're adding Reach actually because it costs like £3 to buy the 360 version and I don't know if I need to.

NEStalgia

@Dezzy I hadn't heard them say it was current gen. That's fantastic, I had assumed next gen with only a trailer. Yeah, that's an E3 thing for sure. Especially since it'll be crickets from the Blue pavilion for inexplicable reasons. No orchestra or dancers required.

@BlueOcean Yeah the music problem...I'm not into rap. But it wasn't "bad" rap, it's just that no music with lyrics should ever be put on continuous repeat. Or worse, keep stopping then restarting at the beginning every time you cross an invisible boundary or doorway. Healing and soul voices are related. And that's probably the worst part of the game right there (other than doll insurance. ) I'm really really hoping that game gets a Switch "enhanced" port that fixes some of the problems and polishes it into the gem it really ought to be. I'd play it again. XC1, as well. XCX has the best side-quests of the series. XC2 does "ok' but too many of them are quests you can't actually finish until end-game but you don't know that, and many others require the reward from another quest to complete but you also don't know that. The worst require you to be in the right place at the right time. XC1 had dismal side quests like an MMO from 2001. Even real MMOs don't have quests that bland anymore.

Haha, yeah, Nintendo games on an XBox is beyond weird. Kinda cool but weird.

Also, am I the only one that keeps thinking of Beyond Good & Evil HD as part of Rare Replay? Ubi really nailed Rare's style. Shame they're doing....whatever they're doing.....with 2.

@Ryu_Niiyama you know, Oblivion is still my favorite TES for many reasons. And the X1X port is fantastic (looks better than it did on my super-rig back in the day, except for some ground textures.) But dang there were some annoying things. The first quest with Jensine/Thoronir.....getting into the accomplice's house and picking locks with little lockpick skill sucks, but waiting 15 real world minutes for Thoronir to drink in the bar, to tail him, then getting to the right spot in the guys house only for the save to be right when the guards magically know I went into his house and storm in like x-ray vision reminds me of some of the outdated things. How is that game almost 13 years old? Where did 13 years go!?!?! It also occurred to me that TESO is in fact better. Even if Oblivion remains my favorite. And at least the X1X port feels like the PC version. TES is in a weird spot. 4 years between TES3 and TES4. 5 years between TES 4 and 5. Now it's over 7 years since 5, and 6 doesn't look like it will be for years, with no TES on current gen consoles. Theoretically a decade or more between games. And they've spent that time fumbling around with first a mediocre Fallout, then a disastrous Fallout (I only hope that fallout spares TES6 from also getting the shared world treatment, but I doubt it.) But their problem is TESO. It really is TES6. It may be an MMO but it's an MMO designed mostly for solo play. And most of the quest lines, locales, stories, characters, etc they would have done for TES6 have gone into TESO. So what are they going to pull from for 6? And how will it distance itself from TESO? They may have to expand the lore to new areas or something. But I don't know if that would be as engaging as Tamriel, or just feel like a reboot/spinoff while TESO is the "real" TES.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

NEStalgia wrote:

@Dezzy I hadn't heard them say it was current gen. That's fantastic, I had assumed next gen with only a trailer. Yeah, that's an E3 thing for sure. Especially since it'll be crickets from the Blue pavilion for inexplicable reasons. No orchestra or dancers required.

It was unclear from the trailer but one of the devs has stated its current gen:

When you think about it, it would be weird to show a next-gen game that much earlier than announcing the actual console. They generally prefer to save those announcements to go with the console announcement because it helps generate early hype for launch.

redd214

Here's December's GWG lineup:

Xbox One
Q.U.B.E. 2 (December 1-31)
Never Alone (December 16-January 15)

Xbox 360 (compatible with Xbox One)
Dragon Age II (December 1-15)
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction (December 16-31)

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic