Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 16,083

Gamer83

Shouldn't have even had to ask for a retail copy, but at least it's happening.

Gamer83

Peek-a-boo

I'm pleased the whole Gravity Rush series is still happening, let alone being offered a remaster of the excellent original.

Just what is it with some gamers and their 'entitled' nature?

Same as the Fatal Frame V situation in NA; at least the game was translated let alone released in the West guys, which coincidentally ended up being the worse in the series anyway!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo: I don't understand this mindset that protesting a company's decision is somehow "entitled." Gamers are under no obligation to accept the decisions a company makes, just as companies are under no obligation to listen to their fans. Ultimately, however, they want my money, and I want a boxed copy of the game: Sony made the call to listen to its fans, and I plan on rewarding them for that by buying a new retail copy of the game.

I would have bought Fatal Frame V on launch day if it had launched even a vanilla retail copy. At this point, I'm not even sure if I'm going to bother getting it. More than likely, I'll wait until it goes on sale, if I feel like I absolutely have to have it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

@Ralizah: I use the word 'entitled' in the respect that for a fairly niche game like Gravity Rush, in which for the longest time most folks never thought a sequel would go ahead, I feel pleased that we are not only getting a sequel, but a remaster of the original as well.

Then the whole grumbling about not being able to play because the remaster because it was digital only in the NA made me think that some folks just don't see the whole picture sometimes. The PlayStation 4 is also region free so, you could just simply order a copy online (from overseas), but no, the whole entitlement culture strikes again!

In any case, it is good news that those folks in NA now have a choice however, there was an awful lot of whinging and whining over it in the first place that didn't sit right with me, I believe there were some daft 'your family will be harmed' messages (on Reddit) being thrown around if it wasn't available as a physical copy.

Surely you agree that that doesn't sit right with you too?

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

@WaveGhoul: Here you go:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationnetwork/...

All the available entertainment and television-related apps that you can watch on your PlayStation 4.

The best four 'channels' for your TV series would be the likes of Amazon Video, HBO Go, Netflix and Hulu. Each app offers 30 days for free for new members (apart from Hulu) before their respective monthly subscriptions begins.

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo: Again, I don't see how this is "entitlement." People want a physical copy. Sony has to weigh the costs of publishing it physically against the cost of angering its fan base. It's an free market dialogue, you might say. I think Sony probably decided to reverse its decision because it wasn't sure what level of interest people had for GR:R in the West and decided to wait and see the reaction

Most people don't want to import. A physical retail presence will make the game more visible, and will hopefully allow it to build up a base for the sequel that it couldn't secure on the Vita.

And I don't support threatening the families of anyone, no matter the circumstances. I hope you're not trying to conflate most of the people who complained about the decision with the people who posted threats, though.

Tasuki

@WaveGhoul: They are slowing rolling out a service called Playstation Vue. Nationwide you can by channels individually like they have Showtime for 8.99 a month, a Fox Soccer Channel for like 10 a month, Cartoon Network/Adultswim and a few more I belive. In a few cities in the US you can get full service like cable which is X amount of channels for X amount a month. You can probably Google Playstation VUE for more info.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Peek-a-boo

@Ralizah: Whether it is part of an entitlement culture or not, Sony listened to arguably a fairly small but vocal minority and are now releasing the remaster as both a digital and physical release so, everybody wins I guess.

I wasn't conflating (haven't seen this word being used for a while!) that all of those who complained sent threats, no, but it is obviously not a nice thing for anybody to read, let alone posting said threat threat all because of a videogame. Those of whom did, as BinaryFragger put nicely, are indeed plain crazy.

At the end of the day, I imagine we have slightly different views on the subject matter so, I shall say no more!

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo: My thought is that this was a roundabout way of gauging interest in a physical release. Thus why they reversed the decision so quickly.
If nothing else, alienating a series' more passionate fans isn't a good way to build up hype for the sequel. This is the series' big chance to become a major Sony property. It no longer has the excuse of being on a low-selling platform.

Threats aren't nice, but the internet is full of nutjobs like this, and now they have a universal platform to act nutty on.

I thought the whole point of discussions was exploring why different people hold different views on things, but if you don't want to continue, that's fine. I just don't understand how this is indicative of an "entitlement" mentality.

Peach64

Valkirya Chronicles 4 has been announced for PS4!

It will probably never come West, but what an incredible year 2015 has been for game announcements relating to series we thought would never get to continue.

Peach64

SuperWiiU

Peach64 wrote:

Valkirya Chronicles 4 has been announced for PS4!

It will probably never come West, but what an incredible year 2015 has been for game announcements relating to series we thought would never get to continue.

VC 1 came to the west on PC, and there will also be a Remaster for PS4 of VC 1. So they might test the waters with the remaster and if it does reasonably well they could bring it to the west. PS4 and RPG's coming to the west has been a good combo so far, so they might even bring it anyway.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Blast

Here's my question... And I'm not asking to be a troll... But am I the only one whose wondering how a console like the PS4 which has a huge install base... Doesn't sell like 2 million for every exclusive at least???? It's like... There's Sony fanboys who talk all about all the games the PS4 has yet they don't even buy the ones that even really matter. The games that aren't super big Western mainstream games dont get the huge sells. Isn't GTA V still the highest sold game on PS4??? I just don't understand... This is coming from a PS4 owner, by the way. I just hate seeing people brag about PS4 sales yet don't buy any JRPGS or other low key games. But they only buy games like Fallout 4. They don't buy games from all genres but only the big ones like Fallout 4.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MrGawain

@Blast:

I guess Nintendo exclusives sell fairly high numbers because us Nintendo fans like 'Nintendo style games'. I don't think there is a Playstation or XB1 style of game as such (maybe FPS for XB1?). Just because you bought Bloodbourne doesn't mean you'll like Uncharted, and you're unlikely a fan of Tearaway as well. A Nintendo fan that likes Mario is likely to buy Mario Kart, Smash, Zelda, and maybe even Pikmin and Kirby as well because their aimed at that 'family friendly audience'. Also there's a lot more choice on XB1 and PS4 where to spend your money and there's no guarantee that a 1st party game on those systems is quality (Knack? The stuff new Rare produces?), where we all know what the worthwhile games are on the Wii U- the Nintendo published ones (generally).

In fact I don't think exclusives really mean half as much as the FIFA's, COD's, GTA's and MGS's on the PS4 or XB1. The fact Microsoft has lost so many customers to Sony despite having Halo and Gears would back that up. People go where they think the best graphics/most online players will be.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Ralizah

@Blast: Most people get one of the big two consoles for mainstream, third-party, AAA Western games. The Assassins' Creeds and Call of Duties. The "big" announcements for most of us are, in reality, niche games that don't appeal to most people.

Key exclusives like Uncharted will still sell a bunch, of course, but in general the big third party releases sell more.

Socar

@SuperWiiU: Don't get your hopes high. Remember, VC3 didn't show up because of the poor VC2 sales.

Still, this is shocking news.....SEGA making a new VC game but I'm positive that it will just be a poorly done game with poor sales on both ending the series. After all, the series itself isn't anywhere that huge as FE. But it just leaves one to wonder... WHAT ABOUT SHINOBI, PHANTASY STAR and many of those other IP's?!?!

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Blast

Ralizah wrote:

@Blast: Most people get one of the big two consoles for mainstream, third-party, AAA Western games. The Assassins' Creeds and Call of Duties. The "big" announcements for most of us are, in reality, niche games that don't appeal to most people.

Key exclusives like Uncharted will still sell a bunch, of course, but in general the big third party releases sell more.

Hmm... So why do Sony fanboys hype up the niche games then? Why hype up something you will never buy? I'm about to buy Akiba for PS4 and I feel like the only guy who cares about it.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

MrGawain wrote:

@Blast:

I guess Nintendo exclusives sell fairly high numbers because us Nintendo fans like 'Nintendo style games'. I don't think there is a Playstation or XB1 style of game as such (maybe FPS for XB1?). Just because you bought Bloodbourne doesn't mean you'll like Uncharted, and you're unlikely a fan of Tearaway as well. A Nintendo fan that likes Mario is likely to buy Mario Kart, Smash, Zelda, and maybe even Pikmin and Kirby as well because their aimed at that 'family friendly audience'. Also there's a lot more choice on XB1 and PS4 where to spend your money and there's no guarantee that a 1st party game on those systems is quality (Knack? The stuff new Rare produces?), where we all know what the worthwhile games are on the Wii U- the Nintendo published ones (generally).

In fact I don't think exclusives really mean half as much as the FIFA's, COD's, GTA's and MGS's on the PS4 or XB1. The fact Microsoft has lost so many customers to Sony despite having Halo and Gears would back that up. People go where they think the best graphics/most online players will be.

Whoa....

Master of the Hype Train

Ralizah

@Blast: Most people who frequent gaming sites don't represent the "average" gamer. This is why games like Bayonetta 2 can drum up massive amounts of excitement in gaming communities and still sell poorly. Same principle applies to Playstation, I would guess. An exciting niche release is still a niche release. The number of units you'd expect a Bravely Default or Disgaea 5 to move if it sold very well would still be minuscule compared to the average sales of a Call of Duty/Fallout/Assassin's Creed type game.

Akiba's Trip was a bit of a contentious release to begin with (running around Akihabara beating the clothes off of vampires? Not exactly mass market material for a game) released by a tiny company that localizes incredibly niche games, and even then, its sales were split between Vita, PS3, and PS4, so you're right, there's probably not too many people who do care about it.

Quality of exclusives used to be what sold consoles. Now, it's all about what box runs Gears of Halo: Modern Combat 10 the best while still remaining affordable.

Edited on by Ralizah

WebHead

Tbh I think the exclusive argument really only holds true to Nintendo. People don't buy PS for first party. PS and Xbox first party are usually good but don't hold a candle to Nintendo.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Blast

@Ralizah: So how does the average gamer even knows what's coming out? I support games I'm interested in. I gotta support the JRPGS. I just gotta. Akiba looks incredibly goofy and will scratch that Persona itch until Persona 5. Lol

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic