Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 15,821 to 15,840 of 16,083

Jhena

I really should play Kingdom Hearts III again and give it a proper chance this time. It is definitely a good game and I feel bad for saying bad stuff about it. But first I should finish Neo The Worlds Ends With You, another good Square Enix game.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

BinaryMessiah

@VoidofLight Yep. the giant room with the gears is probably the most complicated puzzle in the game. If I remember correctly the desert area just outside of the temple was a taste of what was to come. That was a pretty hard battle.

Edited on by BinaryMessiah

BinaryMessiah

Nintendo Network ID: ivory_soul | Twitter:

RR529

Just completed the midboss level in the "Kingdom of Crablantis" (world 3) in Sackboy: A Big Adventure, so I think I'm about halfway done. Unless there's a secret 6th world, there looks to be only 5.

It's definitely a solid game, but at the moment I'd place it behind Astro & Kirby & the Forgotten Land in terms of platformers I've played this year (maybe behind Pac-Man World: RePac too).

It looks absolutely gorgeous, but I think the level of peppiness & cuteness of it doesn't quite live up to what the typical Japanese platformer offers. While it often looks better technically, I think I prefer the aesthetic ethos of games like Kirby, Yoshi, & Astro Bot. That said, it is a vast improvement over Tearaway, Unravel, & the first Little Big Planet aesthetically though (I have no idea why western devs tend to make their platformers so gosh darn melancholy so often).

Mechanically it doesn't feel as tight as a Mario or Astro game, though it's still pretty solid. The levels with the grappling gun & boomerang really mix things up & it seems like it's constantly doing new things (I never thought I'd play a platformer to the beat of contemporary pop songs, lol). Surprisingly pretty tough to boot. I haven't had to completely restart a level (you get 4 lives at the start of a level & it's pretty good at throwing you a few extras if you do die), but getting through a level unscathed (even early on) is a pretty rare occurrence, which I imagine would make trying to 100% the game quite the challenge (well that, and there are a couple levels each world that are locked behind co-op, so it's impossible to 100% solo, though you're not required to play them to clear the story so far). I've died tons more than I have in Kirby, Pac-Man, or Klonoa on average so far.

@NeonPizza, to answer your question about PS5 games:

• Astro's Playroom
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Star Ocean: the Divine Force
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure

I also have a few PS5 games/versions due to PS+ or past PS4 purchases, but I really haven't looked into which upgrades I have (I do know that one of them is Hot Wheels Unleashed, though).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

PS5_LOVER21

WHO ELSE IS SO FRICKIN EXCITED FOR ARMOURED CORE 6, THE GAME AWARDS WAS AMAZING WITH THE REVEALS

PS5_LOVER21

RR529

A couple of updates.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure - I think I've gone about as far as I'm going to get in this one. I've completed the main adventure and have finished most of the post game world, however the very last post game level requires 275 Dreamer Orbs to unlock (think of these as Stars/Moons in Mario) and I'm about 30 short.

Now, I think I only have a few (as in literally 3) I didn't manage to nab throughout all the main levels (this includes the other post game levels), so the only way to get that many would be to master all of the time attack & knitted knight challenge levels (and most of those levels I have already completed, just not fast enough to get all their orbs), which isn't something I'm all that interested in doing.

God of War: Ragnarok - Just started this today, I've played up until the point where I just arrived in the dwarf realm. That fight with Thor was absolutely awesome, and I absolutely loved that the clash between the Axe & Hammer caused a lightning bolt to become permanently encased in ice, and that it extends all the way to the sky.

Otherwise not much to say about it. At first brush it feels like picking up the 2018 game again, just with prettier graphics. Not that it's a bad thing though, as it's a game I've had a hard time putting down so far.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

PS5_LOVER21

I'm thinking for my ps5 of getting all the accessories like the headphones and media remote, are they worth it or any good???

PS5_LOVER21

MrGawain

On Friday I walked past GAME and saw they had PS5’s available. Up to this point I hadn’t felt compelled to get one, but it seems they’ll finally games I would enjoy on it like SF6, Suicide Squad and the Japanese 3rd party stuff, plus my PS4 is now more a family media player so I bought the thing. It came with a download code for GOW2. I’m on basic broadband so it’s been downloading when I have free internet and will take another 40 hours or so to complete- pretty glad I bought the disc version. I have really enjoyed Astro’s playroom however that is a love letter to past PlayStations by stealing old Nintendo gameplay from Mario, Splatoon, and Kirby.

Edited on by MrGawain

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Anti-Matter

Looks like Deemo Reborn is another rhythm game like Beatmania IIDX that I can consider for my PS4 after Taiko no Tatsujin.
Xi was the same artist who contributed their songs for MaiMai and DDR.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

I feel granted to be able in part of BEMANI games hype back from PS1 and PS2 era.
Sure, the Para Para Paradise hype is not the same as 22 years ago, a lot of peoples already moved on but there are some peoples including me still have the hype of Para Para Paradise and Super Eurobeat songs.
Thank you PS1 & PS2 for shaping me as dedicated Rhythm gamer from DDR, Para ParaParadise, Drummania, etc. 😊

Anti-Matter

Octane

@PS5_LOVER21 The media remote is kinda pointless (what does it even do that my normal remote can't do?).

The Pulse headset is one of the few wireless options, since the console doesn't support Bluetooth headsets. Wired headsets can be connected to the controller though.

Octane

Pizzamorg

What was interesting to me, is I use headphones at home that are designed to be driven by an amp, but plugging them directly into the controller without an amp, I can still get plenty of volume and the 3D audio is really good. Makes you wonder what they are packing into that controller. It drives those headphones better than it does plugging those headphones directly into my motherboard.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

PS5_LOVER21

Also what are some really good ps5 games and accessories to get cause I got a bit of money to spend so I was gonna invest in my ps5

Edited on by PS5_LOVER21

PS5_LOVER21

PS5_LOVER21

I tried guardians of the galaxy and personally didn't enjoy it. Not my cup of tea

PS5_LOVER21

PS5_LOVER21

Yeah I've started saving for psvr2 with the horizon call of the mountain bundle

PS5_LOVER21

PS5_LOVER21

Are there any other confirmed psvr2 games?

PS5_LOVER21

Magician

I'm ready for the announcement of a PS5 Slim in 2023.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RR529

Been playing GoW: Ragnarok & have just finished exploring the first side quest alcove area (the part of the lake in the dwarf realm with the furnaces & the chained whale).

I'll definitely agree that it feels like a more modern take on a traditional 3D Zelda. All the little islands/shores in this area feel like a much more organic way to integrate environmental puzzling into the world than the shrines do in BotW. Granted, this is probably somewhat easier to achieve in a generally linear game like GoW than it would be in a truly open world game like BotW, but I like the approach.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Anti-Matter

I still have a chance to order another two PS5 games again after I got informed from the game shop owner that the two PS5 games I have requested were ready in stock.
Oh, boy. I immediately ordered them with other PS4 and PS3 games.
This year is really I have hype with PS4, PS3 and PS5.

Anti-Matter

Octane

@RR529 3D Metroidvania would be the best way to describe it I think (similar to Tomb Raider, Control and Jedi Fallen Order). Ironically, it's also very similar in structure to Ocarina of Time and the earlier 3D Zelda games, with a ''HUB area'', and many side areas spawning from it.

I think in GOW 2018 the lake in Midgard was definitely the ''Hyrule Field'' of that game. In Ragnarok there are a couple of realms that feel quite big, like Svartalfheim. There's more of a focus on a handful instead of just Midgard this time.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic