Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 15,701 to 15,720 of 16,083

Jhena

@Anti-Matter

That is tough. I hope in the future more games will be released with Indonesian language options.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

RR529

Got my PS5 in yesterday! Probably won't be able to set it up until sometime during the weekend though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Magician

This might be one of the better PS+ months of recent memory.

Superhot, Hot Wheels Unleashed, and Injustice 2.

Three games I've been interested in playing but couldn't be bothered to drop money on. Very nice.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Pizzamorg

We should all do some races on Hot Wheels some time.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Magician

So we've got the Silent Hill livestream today.

On one hand, it's nice that SH2 remaster (remake?) is confirmed.

On the other hand, it sucks that SH2 is being broken up into parts.

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

I remember RE1R utterly blowing me away when I first played it. It was such a gigantic step up from the original.

I experienced a similar, but less intense, reaction to RE2R.

RE4R just looks like RE4 with modern graphics, from what I've seen. Obviously nicer looking, but unlike the other remakes, I haven't seen any evidence that it's going to establish its own sense of identity. The game isn't transformed in any way.

In that respect, it reminds me a bit of Xenoblade Chronicles DE, or that remake of TLOU that came out recently.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Buizel

@Ralizah Am I the only one who thinks the RE4 remake looks...kinda ugly? Idk it's something about the artistic direction. I think Leon in particular looks very jarring...particularly in how his character model is lit compared to his environment (his hair looks luminescent and artificial). And the game as a whole fits more into the "uncanny valley" of graphics for me than did the original game.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Ralizah

@Buizel Only in the sense that characters in a lot of AAA games are ugly and kind of uncanny looking. I tend to prefer more stylized character models with fewer triangles.

Otherwise, it just looks like RE4.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

Untitled

Ben 10 anyone ?
I'm surprised some of old PS4 games by Outright Games got the PS5 version on this year.

Anti-Matter

Buizel

@Ralizah I don't know...I think Horizon Forbidden West, for example, looks great. I don't think it's a universal problem in modern AAA games.

I much prefer the lighting and character design of the original from what I've seen.

At least 2'8".

Anti-Matter

@Eagly
I guess the old games by Outright games from PS4 will get 60 fps version on PS5 version.

Anti-Matter

EllaTheQueen6

I'm guessing this is filled with ps4 and 5, but anyone still got a PS2? My brother has, like, 5 of them, and I play on the main one all the time. I even play a game in Japanese I don't understand.

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

EllaTheQueen6

@Eagly I may be a kid, but I'm not stupid enough to throw away a classic gaming system.

EllaTheQueen6

Eagly wrote:

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko good learn from your elders mistakes

Dude, my favorite elder is an autistic 19 year old who acts like a child, but he pays the bills, so I guess it's fine if he's childish, and he watches anime and plays games with me.

Anti-Matter

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko
I have two PS2 machines (Slim Japan version, Fat USA version), PS3 Slim, PS4 Slim and PSP 3000 according from the photo you saw before on Chit chat thread.
I already have three PS5 games since July 2022 despite I don't have PS5 machine yet.

Anti-Matter

EllaTheQueen6

@Anti-Matter My brother has a lot of PS2's, but we main a chonky one. I want a PS4 or a Switch so I can play "Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: Burst Forth! Chorogon!" It's on both of them, but I'd prefer a Switch.

RR529

Astro's Playroom is a delight! I love how the game world is presented as existing "inside" the PS5, and how each of the 4 worlds (of which I've completed 2) are loosely themed around each of the past 4 PS home consoles.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Fizza

I for one think RE4 Remake looks great though perhaps not for the reason a lot may think.

There's been a big discussion over the past year over whether an RE4 Remake is necessary or not and before the reveal trailer, I was most certainly in the camp of it not needing to to exist. It's become a meme online how often Capcom love to port RE4 to current gen consoles (even putting a typically bleh iPhone port out for crying out loud!) and, with the game being available to basically anyone with a games console for the past decade, making a remake of it over something like Code: Veronica (a game that should absolutely still get one mind you) seemed like the biggest cash grab imaginable, especially for such a beloved entry.

However, after the reveal trailer and gameplay showcase, something hit me: this isn't RE4. It may have a similar story with the same characters, locations and whatnot, but Capcom seem to be doing something that I imagine could only have happened due to the original being so widely available: making changes to the original game. It's basically a more subtle RE2/3 Remake: where those two were full remakes with a brand new gameplay style (over the shoulder rather than fixed camera), RE4, being the game that pioneered that style in the first place wasn't exactly going to be changing that for it's remake. So what they've done instead is slightly shift genres: what used to be an action game with a decent bit of horror, now seems like they've flipped that around if what we've seen so far is any indication. And by doing that one small change, it turns it into an entirely new experience for people both old and new which I think is utterly genius for a game that has been ported to death at this point.

It still remains to see how much or how little it does actually change from that Gamecube classic. From what I've seen though, it appears to be shaping up into one of the best games of of next year (which I feel like I say for every modern RE game these days minus 3R) and it's honestly really exciting.

Code: Veronica needs to happen though like come on Capcom.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Nooo.... !
They cut the PS5 version of Jojo Siwa game. 🙁
Oh, well. At least the PS4 version is still available.
And it was crazy the official trailer has been revealed just now, 12 hours ago.
It didn't really explain the whole gameplay detail but from the short trailer, it looks like a standard mobile style games on consoles. Not really surprised.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic