Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 15,581 to 15,600 of 15,628

JaxonH

@WaveBoy
The haptics are superb in Astro's Playroom. Perhaps the best of any game I've played to date. The "tink tink tink" pitter patter of his feet when running on glass just feels sooo satisfying. If there's one thing Sony does well, it's haptics. Nintendo does too, they just use it more sparingly. But when playing Switch Sports, that satisfying jolt you get when the bowling ball releases from your hand... it feels better than actually releasing the trigger like in past games.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes, Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Neon White, TMNT Shredder's Revenge, Sonic Origins, AI Somium Files Nirvana Initiative
STEAM: Monster Hunter World
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

NeonPizza

@RR529
Ya, Astro bot RM is worth picking up just for the incredible VR boss battles alone. 👌 I finally got all of the robots, found all of the chameleons, and beat all 26 bonus levels too. Time to move on to my final PSVR game before I sell it and wait patiently for the VR2 which is hitting this holiday. And that final game is Resident Evil 7. I’m 3 hours in, or was when I started it months ago and need to go back at it. It’s total nightmare fuel.

But I hear you on how cumbersome it is. I’m not interested in keeping a collection of VR headsets anyways, I just want the latest and greatest from whatever companies, be it Sony, meta and apple. So I’m more than happy to toss the PSVR.

As for the quest 2, I might just hold off and get the Meta Cambria instead.

I’ve heard numerous people complains about Q2’s milky washed black levels and desaturated Color’s due its LCD display. plus it’s FOV is only 90d compared to the PSVRs 100. And it’s limited when it comes to IPD adjustments. Other than that, the quest 2 does everything else better and then some

Edited on by NeonPizza

"ExcuuuUUUUSE ME, Princess!"
Switch Friend Code: SW-1323-8872-2420
I demand Crystal Pepsi & Noid Domino's Pizza!

RR529

@WaveBoy, have you played Farpoint or Wolfenstein Cyberpilot? I remember enjoying both of those.

There were these spider enemies in Farpoint (that jumped on your face) who's animations ticked just the right boxes in my brain that I jumped every time I saw one, lol. Cyberpilot was pretty short, but really interesting (my favorite mission may have been the one where you were controlling the little drone, sneaking around).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Anti-Matter

Untitled

https://www.play-asia.com/lol-surprise-bbs-born-to-travel/13/...

LOL Surprise B.Bs Born to Travel on PS5
Another kiddie game on PlayStation 5.
AAAAAAAAGH....!!! 😃😃😃

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Magician

I spend my days hoping for a Switch port, but here comes a "starter edition" for Guilty Gear Strive.

Switch Physical Collection - 964 games (as of June 24th, 2022)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Yoshi2

Are there many other Playstation exclusives similar to Ratchet and Clank & Sackboy?

I haven't been with Playstation since the PS3 so I'm not very familiar with their content.

Yoshi2

Anti-Matter

@Yoshi2
"Are there many other Playstation exclusives similar to Ratchet and Clank & Sackboy?"

There was one on PS2 exclusively, called Ruff Trigger.
Untitled

There is Kao the Kangaroo (multi consoles) on PS4 & PS5.
Untitled

There was Ty the Tasmanian Tiger Remastered on PS4 (multi consoles) with better graphic from PS2 version.
Untitled

There was Rango on PS3 (multi consoles) with shooting and platforming.
Untitled

Even some of my recommendations are not exclusive to PlayStation machines (also available on other machines with different quality) just pick the PlayStation version.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

RR529

@Yoshi2, only have a PS4, but from what I remember you have Tearaway Unfolded, Knack, Knack 2, MediEvil (remake of a PS1 game), and Astro Bot: Rescue Mission (PSVR required, though I believe it has a non VR sequel that comes free on PS5) when it comes to exclusive (action) platformers.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Yoshi2

Do Playstation owners ever get fed up with Sony's mentality towards backwards compatibility?

Yoshi2

Yoshi2

It is highly anathema to me that I wouldn't have the option to play the PS1 / PS2 / PS3 games I once played on PS5. Ironically I can access most of those same PS2 / PS3 games. I once played as Xbox and Xbox 360 titles on the XSX.

Sony's attitude towards backwards compatibility sucks. One of the greatest things about the PS2 was the ability to keep PS1 games due to the hardware allowing it.

Yoshi2

Anti-Matter

@Yoshi2
I only depend backward compatibility from PS2 machine with PS1 games but for PS3 and PS4 machine, I'm fine if I don't use the backward compatibility. They are unique machine each others.

Also, not every backward compatible working properly.
I have a case from playing DDR PS1 games on my PS3 Slim and when I played the game, the arrows moved faster than the song so I couldn't hit the arrows accurately as between the song and arrow movement became very off sync, possibly from the emulating process.
Maybe the emulating process from PS3 machine to run PS1 games only good for non rhythm games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Ralizah

New State of Play was pretty good. Almost every games looked good.

Glad we finally got another look at FFXVI, had a teaser of RE4, Eternights looked fun, Stray continues to look promising, and while I have mixed feelings on it, Street Fighter 6 definitely seems to be the most ambitious entry in that series in a long time.

Ralizah

kkslider5552000

That State of Play was perfectly decent and deeply unexciting. I will say as someone who is actively against the idea that RE4 remake needs to exist for any reason, I'm curious at least.

Honestly the cat game was the highlight to me. Probably because they let the gameplay speak for itself. Maybe also because its a Sony game that's both impressive looking and stands out from other Sony games.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

StarPoint

@kkslider5552000 I'm also very interested in Stray. However, I should mention that it's actually being developed by BlueTwelve and published by Annapurna. Looks fantastic though

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Cuphead (PC)
Dead Cells (PC)

Anti-Matter

I'm glad I didn't watch the State of Play.
I knew it will be rated M games material and I always hate them.
Meanwhile, I found more upcoming kids games on PS4 / PS5 from play-asia. 👍
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Joeynator3000

...Not a huge Sony fan, but...I do have my own PS4 Pro now, so I decided to at least watch a reaction video of the Sony Direct...(yes I'm calling it that, shut up, lol)

Honestly, the only thing that really interests me...
Yeah you guessed it...Stray.

You play as a freakin' normal cat, of course I want it. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Anti-Matter

@Joeynator3000
There is another Kittens or Cats games on PS4, definitely safe for kids. 😉
My Universe: Puppies and Kittens
Untitled

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic