Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 15,461 to 15,480 of 16,083

VoidofLight

@BruceCM Huh. I never really got interesting PSVR, but it's nice that it exists for those who liked the original!

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

BruceCM

Yeah & maybe some will want to get into it now that didn't before, too, @VoidofLight ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Octane

Horizon Call of the Mountain or whatever it's called appears to be a larger budget game than we've seen on the first PSVR, and that's good. Astro Bot was a highlight, but beyond that it was a bunch of smaller games and/or new IPs. Having a popular franchise like Horizon be a launch title (?) would be a huge win.

Octane

Kayvoo

@Octane
If Half Life Alyx is announced I'm in for a PS5

My Heroes:
Frank Zappa
Bill Hicks
Satoru Iwata

Nintendo Network ID: Kayvoo

Octane

@Kayvoo They've been releasing quite a few games on Steam lately, instead of just the Epic Game Store, so maybe that's part of the deal. Hopefully..!

Half Life Alyx, Horizon VR, Astro Bot, these kind of games would make me very interested in their next VR unit. The specs also seem to be a big improvement. Especially if they can apply foveated rendering. And of course it's running on the PS5 instead of the 4. I'm curious to see how much of an improvement it will be.

Octane

JaxonH

As far as wired VR headsets go, the specs indicate it's top shelf all the way.

My issue is more that, having owned a PSVR, having owned an HTC Vive, I'm just not interested in VR beyond the initial curiosity which was sated long ago. Don't get me wrong, it was super impressive the first time I tried it, but it just didn't last. Once that wow factor wore off, it became a cumbersome way of playing less entertaining games, and I just stopped using it.

The one game I'd like to play is Half Life Alyx, but I'm not gonna buy a $1,000 VR set for one game. At least... not for that one game. It looks great, but I'm not really a Half Life diehard. Maybe if it was Portal VR, then I would.

But back to PSVR2. Again, as far as wired slave VR headsets go, it looks great. It'll finally address the horrible Move controllers and super pixelated images, and only has one USB-C cord connecting instead of industrial size cables. So that's nice. I've just been down this road before. Drop $500, get it all set up, use it for a few weeks, then let it collect dust for years. Try to sell it to Gamestop and they won't even take it. Not even the Quest 2 was able to convince me to give VR another go.

I'm glad it exists for the VR fans, and addresses the biggest issues with the last one. And, I'm glad to see them pursuing less traditional gaming markets. Thar's very good to see. Maybe one day I'll grab one on a sale, if the price is right.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Octane

@JaxonH For what it's worth, setting it up will be quick this time around LOL.

I'm hoping they can stay under 400 for the PSVR2. Anything above 400, and it'll have difficulty getting off the ground.

Octane

BruceCM

Heh, yeah, I'm waiting for VR sets to go down in price a lot more before I get one, @JaxonH ..... There do seem to be more & more games for it on Steam now, though! Amy number of them I have to pass on because they require some VR headset to play as well as lots more that support it in addition to normal playing
But Sony seems to be taking it seriously & that'll help all of us, in the end.

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

RR529

Yeah, VR is seriously cool, but due to all the setup required to use it, I just haven't used my PSVR in a long time.

I even managed to track down a pair of Move controllers (they were hard to get ahold of, not sure if they still are), and I did use them for Vader Immortal & Archangel (the latter of which I never finished), but haven't went back sense.

I am thinking about picking up a Quest 2 though (I know it has it's own games, but think you can play more demanding games by plugging it into your PC and use it on Steam?)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Snatcher

I will try VR, some day.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

@NeonPizza
I don't take issue with the specs- they seem sufficient to provide a quality experience. My issue is just in the format of VR in general. I really do believe every person should try VR out, cause that first time is an exhilarating experience. But, at least for me, it just wasn't something I ended up wanting to use on a regular basis... or at all, after a certain amount of time.

I acknowledge there is a subset of ppl who are hard-core unto VR, but for most I kind of feel like it's similar to a theme park. Nice to visit once in a while, but not somewhere I'd want to be every day. If you've got the extra cash to burn and just want some cool experiences every once in a while, having a VR set laying around is nice.

Both of mine ended up sitting on the floor for 2-3 years though, never being used. And eventually I just boxed them up. Felt bad since my brother gifted me the Vive. But... if you're not gonna use it, why take up space.

They've also got a poor track record supporting their secondary devices. After Vita and PSVR I decided I wasn't going to trust them for anything beyond home consoles again. Probably best to wait out the generation, see if they actually put quality games on it beyond the first 18 months.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

LOL
Who need Gran Turismo 7 if I can get Race with Ryan on PS4 ?
Way smaller Gigabyte size, way cheaper price.

Anti-Matter

Octane

If it was anyone else, I would've assumed it was sarcasm.

Octane

Ralizah

tbh I'd probably play Race with Ryan before GT7 as well. Realistic racers bore me to tears.

Although playing something else entirety would be a better third option, lol.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

@Octane
I wasn't make sarcasm joke, I really meant it when I said it.
I would rather play Race with Ryan than Gran Turismo 7 since I like kiddie looking games than hyper ultra realistic racing games.
Realistic racing games are very boring for me, no drama or quirky things from items to be smacked onto opponents. It just driving the car as smooth and as fast as possible. Boring for me.
Race with Ryan have some Mario Kart vibes despite in decent ways, at least something that stole my attention.
Also, Gran Turismo 7 need constant online to play from what I heard. I do not want DRM check and constant online to play an offline game. Obviously, I will pick Race with Ryan over than Gran Turismo 7.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@Anti-Matter We know you always post this stuff with a straight face.

Keep being yourself, sunshine.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic