Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,921 to 14,940 of 16,083

jedgamesguy

@Grumblevolcano I’d imagine there’d be communication from Sony as to when the window for activation begins… there’s many people who could use the space!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Octane

@Losermagnet No, if anything, prices should be going down. But I doubt you'd notice it in a span of a couple of months.

Octane

Octane

According to rumours, Ghost of Tsushima is getting a standalone expansion called Ghost of Ikishima. Makes sense considering SP have done this before with Infamous, and Sony has also done projects like Uncharted Lost Legacy and Spider-Man: Miles Morales. It's supposedly coming later this year.

Octane

BruceCM

I'm surprised you never saw any, @Losermagnet .... They were everywhere after the announcement!
Untitled

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jedgamesguy

@Anti-Matter $399 for Digital and $499 for physical. So that’s 39,800 ¥ and 49,800 ¥, then £359 and £449

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Losermagnet

TheJGG wrote:

you share it with…Trump.

Thank you, and I had a pleasant birthday in spite of that 😉

@BruceCM Ha! Here's one that made me chuckle:

Untitled

I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh in ages but that took me back. It's a good thing I have my console horizontal or I prolly wouldn't be able to unsee that.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Losermagnet

Final Fantasy VII was a bit of a bear to figure out. I have a PS4 disc and trasferred the 86gb of system data. Got the PS5 upgrade through the storefront, and everything seemed to be going fine until i tried to upload my save file. Turns out you have to upload your save file from the PS4 version first, then it will be playable on the PS5 version of the game. And it does count as a PS5 game in terms of system data. It's now a 81gb file, and once it's done I'm going to see if I can delete the PS4 version (I reckon I should be able to do that)

jedgamesguy

@Losermagnet Oh I had that problem too. I didn’t bother with it, I just started over. It made me enjoy and appreciate the game all over. I doubt you’d want to do that though, so sorry to hear that.

Enjoy the game!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Losermagnet

@TheJGG actually the good news is the game save data is still on my system, i happened to do some steps backwords. I had to delete and reinstall everything basically, so it was time consuming but it should be okay. I wont know until much later today though. I considered for a moment starting it over. I like it well enough, but I'm mostly through Wall Market and it's been dragging on for me. That was really the crux of my decision to try and salvage my file.

To reference our previous conversation - i do think all games should come with some sort of "skip ahead" feature. That would alleviate this type of issue, or any major crash or data deletion (as well as being beneficial for just skipping crummy parts of games).

BruceCM

Yeah, there's plenty of good ones, @Losermagnet .... Sorry to hear about the problem with save data but the game hasn't even come out on Steam yet, so I'm just envious you can play it

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

@Losermagnet I like that in FF7R you can revisit any chapter in whatever order you want. Because the game's level designs are linear it makes it easy to traverse again if needed. Last I played the game was this time a year ago, so it's not as new for me. I am gonna try and do all the sidequests, as contrived and garbage as they may be.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Losermagnet

@BruceCM is it a timed exclusive? I'm really out of the loop when it comes to Sony and Microsoft. I usually have a Playstation as my second console, but I don't often follow news. For instance, I know 'State of Play' is a thing but I've never seen one. More often than not I was buying PS4 games years after they came out at cheap prices (hence Dark Souls).

@TheJGG Yeah it's gives me mixed feelings. I love the characters, setting, and music....but the gameplay is "okay" at best for me. I had no idea about the chapters though. Can you access them from the beginning of the game?

TheFrenchiestFry

@Losermagnet The original FF7 Remake is now out of the timed deal with Sony in regards to PS4 exclusivity but Intergrade on PS5 also has a timed window of 6 months before it can show up on other platforms. It's also like the third Square Enix game that Sony paid for exclusivity regarding

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

BruceCM

It'll definitely come to Steam, at least, @Losermagnet.... It's the usual routine with FF games these days but at least they do come eventually :&

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
Wow, even $499 was still really expensive.
It was around Rp 7,500,000 - Rp 8,000,000

Anti-Matter

Losermagnet

@TheFrenchiestFry ah so Sony is trying to keep those classic IPs close. It's pretty wild to me that, compared to Nintendo, most of Sony's "classic" characters are 3rd party and just didn't show up on the N64.

@BruceCM hey did you end up getting the Mass Effect Legendary set? That's something I forgot to mention before, but I do plan on getting that. Someday.

Dezzy

Losermagnet wrote:

@BruceCM is it a timed exclusive? I'm really out of the loop when it comes to Sony and Microsoft. I usually have a Playstation as my second console, but I don't often follow news. For instance, I know 'State of Play' is a thing but I've never seen one. More often than not I was buying PS4 games years after they came out at cheap prices (hence Dark Souls).

We know the original PS4 version had a year exclusivity. This was likely "updated" with an extra 6 months for the PS5 version. Last week there was a leak that showed the game has been listed on the Epic game store databases, so it's very likely launching there in December this year.

After that is pure guesswork. We don't know if it's Steam or Xbox too, or not.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jedgamesguy

@Losermagnet Yes and no. You need to beat the game first, and after you do that whenever you load your save file you’re taken to a chapter selection screen. You can jump into whatever chapter and do anything in that area. You also keep your equipment, levels, items, etc, so it’s like a Free Play mode combined with New Game +.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BruceCM

Yep, I've played ME1 so far, @Losermagnet .... Going to start 2 now as it happens!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic