Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,901 to 14,920 of 14,963

Zuljaras

Just finished The Last of Us Part II. Playing it for myself after watching the story months before that I can now see how much better could've been. Really disappointed in the characters that are just cannon fodder. No real purpose.

If I have to measure the disappointment I would put The Last of Us 2 together with Game of Thrones Season 8.
This is my opinion only. I have waited to express it only after I have played the whole game myself.
I only would return to it just to make some amazing screenshots

I give it 6/10 only because of the amazing graphics and world building.

PS: I would say the same in PushSquare

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

Dezzy

Elden Ring finally gets its proper gameplay showing (and release date January 2022).

I really don't see why they came up with a new name for this. This is so clearly just Dark Souls 4. Although to be honest I found the visuals and art style kinda uninteresting. I'm sure the game itself will still be great to play though. Some of those open landscapes do look quite cool.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Well, it gives them more room to change some things around this way, @Dezzy.... Take it you plan to get it, anyway?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

@BruceCM

Oh yeah I'll mindlessly get it on day 1, like I do with all of their games! The only thing that would stop me is if it just inexplicably got terrible reviews. Most of their games get somewhere close to 90 on metacritic. If this one got like a 70, that would certainly make me think twice. I doubt it will though!

BruceCM

Well, I haven’t played Dark Souls 2 or 3, for a start, @Dezzy... But I like the sound of this one & it is certainly looking good, so I'll be getting it whenever it comes to Steam

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

@BruceCM

This game looks almost identical to Dark Souls 3 to me (with the only difference being the more open environments), so I'd just go and play that instead if I were you! You can get it pretty damn cheap at this point.

Ralizah

Elden Ring looks incredibly basic after that Demons Souls remake on PS5.

Most Anticipated Games
Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch)
Breath of the Wild 2 (Switch)
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (Switch)
Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re-Boot Camp (Switch)
Metroid Dread (Switch)

Dezzy

Yeah although some of the open landscapes look really cool. There's nothing quite like this in any of their other games.

Untitled

BruceCM

Nah, that's OK, @Dezzy .... I'm sure they'll be showing more of this one over E3, so I'll see how that all looks but I'm sure it'll end up having a few other differences

SW-4357-9287-0699

DomGC

The soulsborne nerds need to tell me what Elden Ring does differently with its visuals than the other five games (not including sekiro because I haven't actually bothered looking into that a whole lot) to make it look so much...clearer. Like, the colors alone kinda sold me on the game because everything looks less gloomy to me.
You reckon that's just a lack of whatever shades they might throw on top of Dark Souls and Bloodborne or is it actually a bit more colorful/does it just use more vibrant colors?

I also don't get how people can say the scenery in the trailer looks barren. Before the full reveal last night I didn't really care for Elden Ring because I generally didn't care enough about Souls games in general until very recently - I played probably half of DS1, some of Bloodborne which turned me off almost immediately at the time and the first area of DS3 which I already liked more but stopped playing because I got it right before FF7R and just went into that right away. Seeing a lot of Demon's Souls remake has me very intrigued tho and I feel like I'd probably finally get into the series with that cause it seems like something I'd enjoy playing atm..

....where was I?

Right, the trailer for ER actually really grabbed me. I love how, for the lack of a better word, clear it looks in the trailer, the Norse mythology influences appeal to me, I always liked the general idea of Souls exploration and the few indoors environments they'd shown look awesome...all that's missing is that they don't continue with the ***** enemy placements and I'd be content with the way it is.

Edited on by DomGC

DomGC

BruceCM

Not sure just what they're doing differently, @DomGC .... Probably quite a few individual factors, along with just being better resolution? But that's certainly one reason I'm a lot more interested in it that Dark Souls 2 or 3, at least

SW-4357-9287-0699

JoyBoy

Ralizah wrote:

Elden Ring looks incredibly basic after that Demons Souls remake on PS5.

I don't agree, but it's also not that weird since 1. They(the remake devs)didn't have to make a game and could spend all their time and resources on making it look crispy.
2. It's a cross gen game in stead of a PS5 game.
3. Demons is super linear and closed off compared to what this seems to be.

Demon souls although looking impressive is still the very same basic old game, mechanically. This is their newest game which is really exciting.

So, a lot of the mechanics like dodging look like Dark souls but there is this one scene where the player is dodging very much like bloodborne, which is interesting. Maybe it depends on the weapon or it's a class type of thing you can choose?

I hope they bring something over from Sekiro. The combat in that game was soooo good!

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Anti-Matter

My PS3 games collection have reached 30 games on this month. 😀
Untitled

Untitled

As you can see, all my PS3 games are for kids with a few Teen games. 😉

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Dezzy

DomGC wrote:

The soulsborne nerds need to tell me what Elden Ring does differently with its visuals than the other five games (not including sekiro because I haven't actually bothered looking into that a whole lot) to make it look so much...clearer. Like, the colors alone kinda sold me on the game because everything looks less gloomy to me.

Not much really. It looks pretty damn similar to Dark Souls 3. A slight bit more colourful in the textures, that's all.

Octane

So Elden Ring, was it in any way related to Game of Thrones?

Octane

JoyBoy

So far it isn't really clear what Martin has to do with this game at all, it'll be interesting to see when they reveal more. It's extra weird since open world doesn't lend itself well to storytelling.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

So Elden Ring, was it in any way related to Game of Thrones?

No. It was never claiming to be either. He just wrote a bunch of the lore. Dunno why they needed a famous author to do that really. The fans have generally liked Fromsoft's own lore up until now. It's not like they were particularly lacking in that department.

Octane

I'm surprised if he managed to write down half a sentence by the time the game's done.

Octane

Dezzy

Yeah I think some people lose their drive when they become insanely rich. Lol.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic