Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,901 to 14,920 of 16,083

Ralizah

@Losermagnet PS4 version is a free upgrade on PS5 unless you're playing the PS+ version. Yuffie DLC content costs $20 if you get it that way.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

I'm not sure on which games are actually PS5 only, @Losermagnet.... But those sound like the main ones at the moment Of course, any PS4 ones should play at least a bit better, even before any actual upgrades
I'm sure others around here can help with suggestions, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Losermagnet

@Ralizah Ah thanks. Thats good news then. It seems like the games I'm most excited to play on my PS5 are my PS4 games 😆

Follow up question: i was planning on buying an external harddrive. What I've read says that only PS4 games will actually boot-up from the harddrive, whereas PS5 games need to boot from the system memory. If I have a PS4 game with a PS5 upgrade, what does it count as?

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Ralizah

@Losermagnet Intergrade is a PS5 game, even if it's a free upgrade from your PS4 copy, so you'd probably have to run it on your internal storage.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Losermagnet

@BruceCM yeah I'm interested in seeing if some of my PS4 games benefit. I forgot to mention Resident Evil VIII - I'm definitely getting that, but I'll prolly save it for October 🎃

BruceCM

I think after upgrading any PS4 games, they'd count as PS5 ones, @Losermagnet.... Maybe others lucky enough to get the console can clarify?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Losermagnet

@Ralizah @BruceCM thanks for the clarification 😁

After failing to get one for a few months I had resigned to waiting until the inevitable hardware revision, and then literally the next day my wife was able to order one lol.

BruceCM

No problem, @Losermagnet.... Let us know how you get on with it & the games

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

So why haven't we heard anything about a next-gen version of Red Dead 2?

Seems like one of the best candidates for an upgrade, and they're doing a GTA5 upgrade, so we know the dev has considered it.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Losermagnet

Got my PS5 today and set it up. The data is still transferring, but I managed to get some first impressions: I really like the new controller. I don't like how it looks, probably because the dualshock has such an iconic look imo, but it feels great. And those adaptive triggers? Lovely 😙. I have a similar opinion on the appearance of the console. It's ugly. It looks like a giant clam has partially swallowed my PS4. I'm a bit disappointed that so much screen real estate on the menus is dedicated to marketing material, and that there's no folder functionality at the moment. And the harddrive space limitations are more immediately concerning than i'd guessed. My next purchase will be an external harddrive. Those disappointments aside I'm really impressed with the hardware. I played a bit of Astro's Playroom (I think thats the name...) and what a charming little game/tech demo it is. It's a bit Mario and a bit Nintendoland. Once i get the chance i'm going to spend some more time with that.

jedgamesguy

@Losermagnet Hey, great to hear! So glad another person here’s managed to get one. I should have gotten a hard drive for mine because I’ve had to uninstall so many games. The storage is deceptive, you only have about 575-600GB of actual storage, so you have to be very careful. If you plan to play PS4 games on it, I recommend not playing them on PS5 until you get your storage drive. Because while you can play PS4 games from a storage drive you can’t do the same for PS5. And to transfer games you need to download them onto the drive first. It’ll be tricky but you got this!

Which games do you have your eye on? Perhaps… Demon’s Souls? I got both Spider-Man games the other day and those are solid investments.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

There were plenty of memes about the PS5 after it was shown, @Losermagnet .... But I don't remember anything like a giant clam eating a PS4! Still, you managed to fit it somewhere, so that's the main thing

SW-4357-9287-0699

Octane

@Losermagnet @TheJGG I find that installing games is a lot faster on the PS5, so deleting them and installing a new one isn't as much of a hassle as it was on PS4. If you get an external drive, I'd recommend a SSD. Though really, I think it's best to wait until we get the option to expand storage via M.2 SSD drives, because then you can also play of those, and you don't need to transfer them anymore.

So just hold on a little longer I would say, that update is definitely coming before the end of the year.

Octane

jedgamesguy

@Octane Exactly. It's easy to be skeptical as to why buying PlayStation games physically is pointless, since the games are installed anyway, but it's good for conserving internet bandwith and takes less time overall. I'm surprised the M.2 SSD solution hasn't been activated yet, since those were disabled by Sony before launch. I plan to get an SSD since the console destroyed my 1TB mechanical drive...

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Octane

@TheJGG Well for me it's cheaper, and installing is way faster than downloading. I don't have a data cap, but it takes hours (COD was literally 12 hours or something). The average install time is shorter than a toilet break.

I'm pretty certain the M.2 drives don't work yet, but I haven't been paying a lot of attention to it, because I haven't met the storage limit yet. So I have no idea how far along they are with it, but it should arrive sooner than later.

Octane

Anti-Matter

I just curious for all of you that have purchased PS5 machine. 🤔
How much was the machine did you buy ?
Here in Indonesia, the price of PS5 machine currently is around Rp 11,000,000 - 13,000,000 or US$ 762.24 - US$ 900.83 !!! 🤯
Are these outrageous price due to shortage supply of PS5 ?

Anti-Matter

Losermagnet

@TheJGG I got a bundle with the new Ratchet and Clank, as well as Sackboy: A Big Adventure. Given the choice I probably wouldn't of bought those, but I'm sure they'll be a good time so it's no biggy. And you are correct! Demon's Souls will be happening soon(ish). Followed by Resident Evil VIII around October. I'm going to have to curb my spending though, my birthday was on the 14th and I didn't think I was getting a PS5 at all do I'm afraid I overdid it on the purchases lol. The Great Ace Attorney comes out next month and that might be the only game I get for a little while.

@WoomyNNYes Gamestop. Although I have an anecdote about that - I didn't order it, technically neither did my wife. My wife has a friend who managed to order one for us, as she knew we were trying. The crazy part is the day before she ordered ours through Gamestop, she was able to order another one through a different retailer for her husband. I've been casually trying to buy a PS5 for months and she was able to buy two, two days in a row. Naturally, mine arrived before hers (she didnt want a bundle).

@BruceCM I'll have to look those up sometime. It is a very.....unique design. I read somewhere that they were going to sell interchangeable shells for the system so maybe the idea was something like what the xbox 360 had with faceplates.

@Octane @TheJGG It's definitely a tricky situation for memory expansion right now it seems. Do you think there's any risk to waiting to buy an SSD? Like maybe the prices going up?

@Anti-Matter I don't have an exact number for my PS5, but in a bundle with 3 games, and extra controller, and a disk drive system it was roughly $800 (I think. My wife won't tell me and I'm not going to look out of respect for my poor, poor wallet).

Thanks to all for the advice! It was a blast hooking it up and trying everything out. After awhile I'm sure it will feel commonplace, but there's something really special about getting a new system and toying around with it the very first time.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Grumblevolcano

@TheJGG Sony did say the update activating the expandable SSD slot was coming in summer 2021.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jedgamesguy

@Losermagnet Fantastic to hear! I haven’t gotten Ratchet and Clank yet but from what I’ve seen it’s as you say; a good time. Hope you can give us your thoughts on Demon’s Souls soon, our recent discussion means you’ll be actively looking to compare Dark and Demon’s. A very happy belated birthday; you share it with my grandmother… and Trump.

SSDs from Seagate, Sandisk and WD are surprisingly cheap, though I don’t follow SSD pricing actively. You and your wife already spent a ton of money as is, so I’d wait a little. And you can jump right into the expansion module stuff when it becomes available. Hope you enjoy it, I remember the pure elation when I got mine.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic