Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,881 to 14,900 of 16,083

Octane

Guardians of the Galaxy looks pretty alright so far. Eidos is a big hit or miss for me. TR2013 was great, but the sequels dragged on a little too much. Avengers was a big mess. I hope that a single player focused game suits them better.

I don't really understand why they didn't stick with the looks of the Gamora and Drax from the comics. Especially Drax looks like a weird Kratos rip-off now.

Octane

jump

Octane wrote:

I don't really understand why they didn't stick with the looks of the Gamora and Drax from the comics. Especially Drax looks like a weird Kratos rip-off now.

It looks to me like they are trying to do a hybrid of the comics and movies;

Untitled
Notice the eye marks which has been changed to black and they have kept the white suit. The hair is more like the movie version but her highlights aren't great.

Untitled
Drax is fairly close to the game version.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@jump Yeah, they're definitely trying to capture some of the movies, just because it's probably more recognisable to people. At least it doesn't look as bad as The Avengers.

Octane

jump

@Octane If only the character design changes were the worst thing about that game. At least this looks alot more promising.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@jump lol, very true... They confirmed no MTX. And it's kinda stupid that something like that is now part of a press release, but at least they're not in it.

Octane

Dezzy

I bet those devs really started soiling themselves when Avengers bombed that hard. They'd probably thought Marvel IP was automatic money at that point in time (or still this point in time).
Luckily gamers are more discriminating than movie-goers.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

They've just dropped patch 1.23 Cyberpunk and it looks like the PS4 is nearly up to consistent 30fps. Better late than never.

jedgamesguy

Slowdive wrote:

It sounded way cooler back then than it does now… the only thing this game has going for it now is the UI, and menu, which isn’t bad.

Edit: Okay… the combat looks fun. I’m not too sold on the characters though, they look incredibly boring and even a trailer can tell me that…

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Raylax

Donkey-Kong-Fan wrote:

Not to be rude, but why are you guys on a Nintendo site if you’re PlayStation fans?

People can enjoy more than one thing, and fandom tribalism is bad.

Yeah the GotG game looked very distinctly... alright. I'm willing to keep an eye on it, its got a solid dev team behind it (but then so did Avengers) so it might turn out decent. Not wildly optimistic, but keeping it on my radar.

I think my main problem with these marvel games is that by going for this sort of halfway artstyle between the characters' movie iterations and their comic book origins is they end up looking like cheap bootlegs of both. Starlord here doesn't look enough like movie Starlord or comic Starlord, he looks like he should be the protagonist of an unlicensed comic entitled Defenders of the Solar System or something.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Octane

@Raylax I understand that the royalties would be way too high if they used the actor's likenesses, but what's stopping them from using the comic characters? They obviously have to be reimagined in a different art style, but still.

Octane

Anti-Matter

Demo gameplay of Tales of Arise PS5.

Game was running at 60 fps.
Graphics = Great but too many flashy effects from special attacks, kinda like Kingdom Hearts.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

Anti-Matter wrote:

Graphics = Great but too many flashy effects from special attacks, kinda like Kingdom Hearts.

You have such a long list of random pet peeves!

Buizel

@Anti-Matter This looks fantastic but something about it doesn't quite look like Tales. Maybe just because I'm not used to so much detail from the series' graphics!

At least 2'8".

Zuljaras

A little retro question. Does anyone here have PlayStation 1 and what model would you recommend?

I am leaning towards the slim (2000) model but still not sure. The design of the brick is more appealing but the build quality of the slim might be better.

Anti-Matter

My PS2 games collection so far.
I divided into two groups: Japan version and USA version.
PS2 Japan games
Untitled

PS2 USA games
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Zuljaras If you just want to play the games, consider a first model PS3, since it's BC with PS1 and 2.

Octane

Zuljaras

@Octane I have the Fat PS3 (physically BC with PS2) and a PS3 Slim. I know that ALL PS3 models are physically BC with PS1 discs.

I was just wondering what PS1 model is better in terms of functionality and collection

Losermagnet

I was finally able to order a PS5, and it should be delivered sometime soon. What a mess it was trying to get one.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

BruceCM

Congrats, @Losermagnet.... Any games in particular you want for it?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Losermagnet

@BruceCM Thanks! Demon's Souls for sure. I've been playing all the soulsborne games this year (I'm up to Dark Souls III). The PS5 is actually going to have a few games with it. The new Ratchet and Clank, as well as Sackboy: A Big Adventure. That's it for now. I am taking suggestions though lol. It's weird, I follow Nintendo releases like a fox but I don't track PlayStation releases much at all. So if there's a must play PS5 game out right now chances are I don't know about it.

Although I do have a question about the Final Fantasy VII Remake, and Intergrade. I have a PS4 copy that I've been playing on my PS4. Am I able to get the PS5 upgrade for that version, and get the Intergrade DLC too?

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic