Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,221 to 14,240 of 16,083

BruceCM

It'll still be helped by a distinct lack of other big games of that genre, though, @Laoak .... Their Witcher games had a lot more similar sorts of big games to be compared to but the only other stuff anything like cyberpunk is indie games & they're not really that much like this will be

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

@Magonigal

Yeah Series S definitely. It's way more powerful than my PC and I always prefer to play on console if I have the option.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Laoak

@BruceCM Yeah I can agree with that. I think Plot, Setting and Characters will be good, as you said there's not too many in the genre. I'm more cautious on game-breaking bugs and just problems at launch. I just feel that some people (especially on sites such as Reddit and Twitter) are hyping it up as some sort of future life sim and will be disappointed when they realize that it's actually an RPG.
Loved the Witcher games and I think they'll do pretty good. Performance may take a hit on last gen consoles though but that was too be expected. It definitely won't be terrible but it won't be the messiah either. I think it will be a good game, just with quite a few glitches.

{funny quote here}

Dezzy

@Laoak

I'd like to think I've hyped it roughly the right amount.

I don't think it will be game of the generation. I just think it will be one of the top 3 games this year.

I doubt I'll like it as much as Witcher 3. Partly because I prefer medieval fantasy as a setting, and partly because I prefer third person pre-written characters ahead of a first person avatar character.

BruceCM

Yeah, there'll doubtless be some who manage to be disappointed, one way & another, @Laoak .... We'll see how many bugs/ glitches there are on launch but at least you can trust CDPR to do their best with fixing anything like that

SW-4357-9287-0699

Laoak

There has been a whole debate on whether it makes sense for Cyberpunk 2077 to be 1st person or 3rd person. In 1st person they can do some really cool hacking effects and the such but c'mon the character customizer looks so good but you barely see your character for most of the game

{funny quote here}

Laoak

@BruceCM Yeah I trust CDPR in fixing all of those bugs and glitches at launch. They seem like a pretty good company - aside from the whole crunch fiasco.

{funny quote here}

Ralizah

PC for me. My GTX 970 will struggle with it, but not as much as my PS4 would.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Laoak

I think my GTX 1660 should be able to run it, my PS4 Pro would just be a jet engine if I tried to run cyberpunk on it

{funny quote here}

Ralizah

@Laoak The 1660 Super is one of the recommended cards for running the game on high at 1080p, so it should run well enough on medium, at least.

If I'm able to get 60fps on the low preset, I'll be satisfied, I think.

Edited on by Ralizah

Dezzy

Cyberpunk review embargo lifts in a couple of hours! I'm eager to see how well it's reviewed.

I'm gonna guess similar to Witcher 3, low 90s. Maybe 92 or 93% on metacritic.

NEStalgia

Several reviews have noted that the world is little more than a background you more or less ignore. Oh dear... Standard rpg then?

NEStalgia

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

I'm not sure if it's the same point, but the thing I did hear repeatedly is that all of the interesting content is part of the main quests and the story-heavy side quests. It's apparently not the kind of game where there's much emergent gameplay moments as you explore the world. It's all very scripted as part of the official missions.

So pretty much the exact opposite of Breath of the Wild then.

Also, pretty much everyone is mentioning the bugs as being a big issue. I might just play a couple of hours on launch to try it out, and then like wait a month before continuing, in the hope that they fix a lot of the bugs. Although no-one knows how much the day 1 patch will fix, of course.

Edited on by Dezzy

Ralizah

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-performance-...

The 1060 is barely cracking 30fps on medium settings at 1080p. I canceled my preorder: this game would destroy my piddly 970.

@NEStalgia Disappointing, but not surprising. TW3 is the same way: its world is largely just a very pretty backdrop for its (mostly) well-written quests to take place in.

Despite the hype overload, this was never going to be some fundamental revolution in open world design. The closest thing we've gotten to that since Oblivion is Breath of the Wild.

Edited on by Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Ralizah yeah I've been saying for ages of couldn't live up to the hype no matter how good it is. It's insane.

Though Oblivion was amazing for it's time. I love botw, but i don't feel it really reinvented anything either. It had a unique approach, but it wasnt entirely a new experience either

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Dezzy heh. I'm half tempted to throw in at launch just to see what is about and to quell the urge to buy demons souls for 10$ more...a game i know I'll hate, play for 30 min, then never touch again. . But i really want to wait for the next gen patch. I haven't actually played witcher 3 yet mostly, either, so I'm looking forward to the next gen patch for that as well.

NEStalgia

BruceCM

I keep trying to play Cyberpunk but it won't go yet .... #impatient

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

NEStalgia wrote:

Though Oblivion was amazing for it's time. I love botw, but i don't feel it really reinvented anything either. It had a unique approach, but it wasnt entirely a new experience either

Yeah I'm not that sure how much it really reinvented either, but a lot of people do say that. If it's just the emergent gameplay type thing, well didn't MGS5 already kinda do that 2 years earlier?

It definitely seems like Cyberpunk is innovating to some extent, with the sheer density of its world. Haven't seen many like that.

Although sadly it sounds like the verticality of it is a bit superficial. I think you can only go up inside a couple of the tall buildings, which kinda sucks. I wanted to jump off some roofs and stealth kill an enemy by landing on them.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic