Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,201 to 14,220 of 16,084

Dezzy

@Octane

Yeah I dunno exactly what the issues are in a situation like that. Do they have a bunch of retail stores angrily phoning them up and demanding they hurry up and finish? Or is it not really a problem? I dunno.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy Retail stores aren't the issue. But CDPR needs to store those games somewhere, and storage can be very expensive; you're talking about potentially millions of copies.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

At what point do they get put into boxes? Cos if it's just the discs they have lying around, that's not necessarily that much space to store them. A few storage rooms their HQ could probably store a million blu-ray discs, but I just dunno how all of that is done.

BruceCM

Still don't suppose they want even just the discs floating around but I'd imagine they'd go into boxes straight after being printed ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Octane

@Dezzy @BruceCM Yeah, that's usually all done at the same factory, so games in blu-ray cases, stacked in cardboard boxes. They definitely don't have loose discs laying around.

Octane

Blooper987

For Christmas I want to get a PS4, but I have some questions.

1. Is there anything exclusive to the PS4 Pro that’s not in the OG model, other than enhanced performance and graphics?

2. Are older PS4’s able to play physical PS3 games, while the newer one’s cannot?

3. If I can play PS3 games, is it that I just have to pop in the disc and I can start the game, or do I have to download it first?

4. And finally, Does the PS4 have something like virtual console that lets me play old PS1 and PS2 games?

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Octane

@Blooper987 There's no exclusive games for PS4 Pro.

And no, the PS4 cannot play PS3 games. They do sell some PS1, PS2 and PS3 games online, but there isn't a lot of them. Just search the store if you want to get an idea. Ape Escape 2 is available on PS4 for example, but the first one isn't. So it isn't very consistent either.

Unless you're on a budget, why not get a PS5 at this point? It does everything the PS4 can do, and more.

Octane

Blooper987

@Octane Thanks! I'm asking my parents for it for christmas, and the PS4 is so much cheaper than the PS5. There's also not much on the 5 that isn't on the 4 that I want right now.

Ralizah

@Blooper987 Good choice. There are a ton of games on the PS4 you'll be gaining access to, and a lot of them are dirt cheap at this point.

The Danganronpa and Nonary Games collections seem like no-brainers for you. Anything else you're looking at in particular?

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Blooper987

@Ralizah Obviously I want the Danganronpa games!!! Other than that, Spiderman, Sackboy, Portal, MvC, Ratchet & Clank, older games like jak & daxter or sly cooper, Crash 4, Persona, Kingdom Hearts, and some other stuff.

My library also has a ton of games for PS4. So I wouldn't even have to buy half of the games I want to play them.

Also Psychonauts 2, Stanley Parable, and other games that will release in the future that will probably not hit switch.

Anti-Matter

@Octane
But PS4 PS Now games (Streaming) doesn't even have DDR PS1 and PS2.
I found by playing DDR PS1 discs on PS3 machine will make the songs and the arrows become very off sync as the PS3 machine emulate the arrow movements became faster than if you play DDR PS1 on PS2 machines.
Oh, btw...

There was a DDR machine being played by Astro robot on PS4 Playroom.

Anti-Matter

Wargoose

@Blooper987 The Yakuza series is worth checking out on PS4. They're almost always on sale, and pretty unique.

Wargoose

Dezzy

In case no-one saw me mention it in the Xbox thread, it's been leaked that Cyberpunk will have a "performance mode" and a "quality mode" from day 1. So that will obviously apply to Playstation too.

So if you're on PS5, it seems highly likely you'll be able to play in 60fps!

Octane

@Dezzy Still gonna wait for reviews though. It sounds like a messy launch regardless. I think I'm better off waiting for a PS5 version.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

They have shown off the ray tracing version on high end PCs. I really didn't think it looked that much better.

I'm thinking the main benefit to waiting will just be more bugfixing.

Octane

@Dezzy If the day one patch is as big as some are suggesting, I may wait for a ''complete'' PS5 version that has everything on it, and optimised.

Octane

BruceCM

That is like the 'reasonable' approach but some of us are too impatient .... Been waiting for this game for years as it is!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

@BruceCM

It's also gonna take me ages to play through anyway, because I just don't have that much free time. So I'm thinking quite a lot of the bugs will get fixed while I'm still working my way through the opening quarter of the game.

Laoak

I don't think Cyberpunk will be awful but I think people will definitely have overhyped it and end up disappointed. I'm just gonna wait for all the bugs to be sorted first before playing. I can wait.

{funny quote here}

Magonigal

@Dezzy
Are you getting it on your Series S or PC? I'm getting on Series S because my PC graphics card is only an RX580 so hoping it looks ok and if not i'll wait until the proper next-gen version as got plenty of other games to keep me busy

Magonigal

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic