Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,001 to 14,020 of 16,083

Octane

These are the PS4 games that are not compatible with PS5 (i.e. the 1%).

DWVR
Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2
Just Deal With It!
Shadow Complex Remastered
Robinson: The Journey
We Sing
Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
Shadwen
Joe's Diner

Octane

NEStalgia

@TheFrenchiestFry Especially considering MS has said Sony isn't their competition, Amazon and Google are. So there's going to be an all out price war on who can deliver games, streamed or otherwise, for the cheapest price (with corners cut or not) and then the inevitable monetization war.

Meanwhile Sony's like "What about a 40% price increase across the board while the Second Great Depression gets started?"

EDIT: I think that's what a lot of "fans" are missing in this console war. They keep going over things from a classic Sony/Nintendo mindset of which CONSOLE is the most Console-y and does things that are good enough for the way it's always been done and how to justify new costs as added "value." People are missing that just because Nov 2020 looks like XBox Versus Playstation, the narrative of the next 7 years isn't going to be a spec war between two consoles. It's going to be a platform and content-delivery war between providers with several more sure to enter the battle. And Sony has showed up with no interest in being a platform at all and has retreated into a 90's console paradigm entirely. I think that's really the subtext a lot of us are talking about when we compare Sony's policies to Microsofts. It's really about how Microsoft is merging together the idea of consoles, PC, and the platform/content delivery future seamlessly while Sony is still fumbling around in Nintendo-style designs and actually turning back the clock to Yamauchi era ideas. All against the backdrop of the new content companies joining in (wait until Apple does it!!) which make even Microsoft look "backward" in contrast.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Magician

@Octane

The loss of Shadow Complex on PS5 hurts.

A really good metroidvania.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

@RR529

Do you have a gaming PC that runs current gen stuff? Cos if not, you're also getting all the Xbox One exclusives if you buy a Series S. They're of course no comparison to the PS4 exclusives, but there's still some really great games among them. Gears 5 is great. Forza Horizon 4 is incredible. Halo MCC is the best value compilation ever made.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

RR529

@Dezzy, nope, no gaming PC.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NEStalgia

@RR529 really if you're digital-first, xb is a no brainier. Digital is just so much better handled there. But your existing library and your preference for various exclusives has to be weighed. As doesthe longevity of future purchases, and wherever the JP games go. We can be certain senran kagura and PlayStation go together like peanut butter and bleach.

NEStalgia

GilbertXI

10 games is not too shabby at all. Afro Samurai 2 is terrible anyways.

GilbertXI

Heavyarms55

So today I switched my TV's input from HDMI 2, my PC, to HDMI 3, my PS4. And that turned my PS4 on without me touching it yet. This has never happened before. But this is a relatively new TV, is it possibly a feature of the TV?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Zeldafan79

So how long do you guys think It'll be before PS4 gets officially retired? My guess would be it's got at least over a year before support starts to dry up. I do plan to get one at some point but i can wait. Can you imagine when it gets old enough people start calling it retro? That'll be so weird.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Dezzy

@Zeldafan79

They usually carry on for about 1 more year largely unchanged, and will continue to get plenty of games for that first year. Then over the year after that, pretty much everything switches over, so by the time the PS5 is 2 years old, the PS4 is essentially dead.

WoomyNNYes

Do PS4 controllers ever go on sale? Pardon the dumb queston. I don't have a playsation, but have wanted a ps4 controller to use with the Switch. (which I know requires an adapter). It's just that I've been checking for months, and never see them go on sale. They aren't on sale for amazon prime day today or best buy's current sale (until wed).

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Octane

@WoomyNNYes Yeah, occasionally. During the Days of Play they were on sale for €40, same during Black Friday I'd imagine.

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

Has anybody tried the Hori Onyx? I need an asymmetrical controller and I heard that the NACONs don't have US support so that is a no go.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

TheFrenchiestFry

@Zeldafan79 I'd say give it maybe 2-3 years in terms of legit support. I expect the PS4 to last the full 10 year cycle endured by the PSP and the PS3 before they were officially discontinued worldwide. Forbidden West will probably the final major first-party published game from Sony/PlayStation Studios before the console is laid to rest barring a few smaller indie releases

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Dezzy

@WoomyNNYes

Almost never. And it's only for a small discount when they do.

Getting a PS4 controller just for the Switch makes no financial sense at all. You can find plenty of switch pro controllers for cheaper than that.

Using the PS4 controller for Switch only makes sense if you already had one for the PS4.

Octane

@Dezzy What are UK prices? DS4 is €60 over here, and the Switch Pro is €70. The DS4 is currently £38 on Amazon (€42), not a bad deal at all (Switch Pro is £55 at the moment).

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Yeah the official Switch Pro Controller costs more than a PS4 controller. Although don't forget you also need to buy the wireless adapter if you're gonna use the PS4 controller.

I meant the unofficial pro controllers though. There are hundreds of different types. Plenty of them are terrible, but some work just fine. You can find some very well reviewed controllers for about half the price of the DS4.

Or if you want to go the more high-end, the 8bitdo pro controller is very high quality and £35 on amazon. So given that it doesn't need a wireless adapter, it works out quite a bit cheaper than the DS4.

Edited on by Dezzy

Octane

@Dezzy You can charge DS4 with a standard mini-USB phone charger. I think most people have one laying around somewhere.

Octane

WoomyNNYes

@Octane In the US I've seen procons at $69.99 and ps4 controllers at $59.99 (black) $64.99+ for other colors.

@dezzy I've wanted a modern controller with analog triggers for racing games on the switch. Lack of analog triggers has been a very disappointing issue with the switch. Im playing a lot of Rocket League lately, and Im starting to wonder if ps4 analog triggers will make it easier to modulate throttle for dribbling (accelerating while balancing the ball on top of the car). I feel like the switch procon digital triggers are making it more difficult than it needs to be. At my skill level, most of the players in Rocket League matches are ps4, xbox, pc.

Plus, i think my third procon is developing drift now. My car in Rocket League has started turning when I'm pushing straight for kickoffs. I think lots of hours with certain games (games with more enthusiastic stick work) may make drifting more likely: splatoon, trials rising, rocket league. And I've put a lot of time in those games.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic