Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,021 to 14,040 of 16,083

Octane

@WoomyNNYes Does the Switch (or the Switch version of Rocket League) even support the DS4's analog triggers? I wouldn't be surprised if it just registered them as digital.

Octane

WoomyNNYes

@Octane oooooo. Damnnn. You make a great point! I asummed it did since rocket league was developed for ps4. Switch being an afterthought.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Octane The Switch registers analog triggers for Trials Rising and GRID Autosport. I've used gamecube controller in both. So, it seems to depend on how the game is developed.

edit: Thanks for helping, by the way

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Dezzy

Check this out. Turns out that rocket that you saw landing in one of the recent Cyberpunk trailers, wasn't just a cool background detail. You actually go into space in the game. My hype has increased further!

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy The image isn't working for me, but that sounds awesome!

Nevermind, it is now!

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy You can charge DS4 with a standard mini-USB phone charger. I think most people have one laying around somewhere.

What's this responding to? I didn't say anything about charging.

Octane

@Dezzy Wireless adapter = charger. Everyone knows that, and I'm not an absolute fool for not being able to read.

Octane

BruceCM

Are phones over there still micro-usb? Most of them here are the 'fast-charger' looks like a Switch charger version now .....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

@Octane

Wireless charging does actually exist to be fair. But it's fairly experimental and limited in its range, and definitely not available on the Switch.

I meant the USB adapter you need from 8bitdo that allows you to use the PS4 controller. It's like £15.

Dezzy

@WoomyNNYes

The 8bitdo SN30 Pro controller has analog triggers. I don't think many Switch games actually make use of those though. Does Rocket League? I assumed because the standard joycons don't have it, they just wouldn't bother on the Switch version.

WoomyNNYes

@Dezzy You're correct, Switch games are designed for digital triggers. But some racing games on the Switch also support analog triggers: GRID Autosport, Trials Rising.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Onyx owner here!

I both love and hate it. No rumble is an annoyance. Ergonomics are good but the triggers feel weeeird. They're too thin. The sticks are standard hori fight pad sticks. I kind of like them but some don't. The thing is weirdly light weight, sone may see that as a plus though it feels toy like.

The killer, though is hard to overlook: input lag! It seems to be a problem with all the Sony third party wireless controllers except the Scuf one (GameStop exclusive if they still sell it.) Maybe it's been fixed in newer units, or in software. Mine is from 2018, and i haven't used it in a while. But otherwise both it and the nacon had known input lag problems, and it was enough to be perceived.

Honestly, if it didn't have to be wireless, and if they still make it, the best ps4 controller I've tried is the wired Razer. The ergonomics, the stick travel and tension, the face buttons are divine. Triggers are nicely weighted. No rumble, it's wired, otherwise i like it more than even my xb elite. The sticks are symmetrical, and i hate symmetrical, but somehow on that controller with the wider stance, they feel ok and don't bother me.

But.

The dpad.

It's the worst dpad ever conceived, and can not be used as a dpad. It's one of those hard push pads of discrete buttons designed for menu navigation with positive tactile feedback for competitive play. No hadouken for you!

The onyx has both a madcatz "cheap controller for player 2" feel and a weirdly addictive feel. But I'd avoid if they haven't worked out the input lag.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia Thank you for that detailed response. That breaks my heart. Supposedly the Nacon controllers had the lag fixed but you can’t get the firmware if you are in the US. I suppose I will have to wait on the ps5 controllers and hope the 3rd party ones are decent.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Well, it's possible Hori fixed the lag while I wasn't watching (I honestly can't remember where I put mine. After the lag put me off I boxed it up in....some...box...somewhere.... I have the actual retail box for it, and can't locate the controller. Back when I bought mine, the Hori was EU-import only as well, so if Nacon fixed it, I can't rule out I'm giving you out of date info on the Onyx, too.

NEStalgia

DannyBoi

Has anyone here had a glitch with trophies where the trophy counter goes down? What I mean is last year I checked my trophies and it said I had about 1585 trophies and I checked again this year(I haven't earned any trophies this year, earned some last year) and it says I have 1580 trophies.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia I’m still looking at options. I struggled through GoT with the dual shock 4 so I really need a different controller. Sigh. I wish game consoles were like steam where you could use what ever out of the box so long as it had enough buttons and firmware.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Dual Sense looks a lot better than DS4, at least. Wonder if PS4 will be updated to support Dual Sense going forward? I don't love parallel sticks but the controller itself looks like the first proper controller from Sony, basically ever.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

The new Playstation web store really is a dumpster fire. It's barely even usable at this point. Why on Earth would they remove the wishlist? Sorting features seem to be gone as well. And the layout in general is so bad.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic