Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 13,901 to 13,920 of 14,024

NEStalgia

@redd214 sheesh. Who knew nintendos the one who does it right?

I wonder if the retailers even have inventory allotted for what they sold today or if that was an estimate? I also river how much was automated bots.

I'm hoping ms did this a bit better. I doubt it, but that would be great. If nothing else maybe they learned from the ps5 disaster how to not do it wrong.

The most infuriating is how some stores tried to control it by switching to on store only..... As though covid isn't a thing.

Counting on either Amazon or ps direct now. East coast time won't help with Amazon though. They'll go live at 4am or something.

Mfrs seriously need to rethink these launches and how they prepare preorders.

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia it looks Amazon is coming soon, the games are beginning to show up, console can't be too far behind. Stay on there!!

redd214

link3710

@NEStalgia Honestly, why should they? If it guarantees all their stock will be sold through for the first year +, why care about consumers. They're just increasing the desirability of the device by making it unavailable. Imagine both Xbox and Playstation not being generally available for two years after launch, how crazed would all the fans be to get one.

link3710

NEStalgia

@redd214 "something went wrong on our end" and a picture of a dog..... Lol

I was refreshing their other ps5 pages forever and ever and it still has "learn more" and no ordering.

Might have missed timing on this one from even you posted it but they seem to have pulled out down..

I'll keep checking for another hour or so, but it seems like it's not to be. I'll check them all again in the morning just in case. Thanks so much for keeping me posted despite no dice. Really appreciate it!

Well have to do it again in Tuesday.......

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia no problem man, happy to help. If you signed up for the Sony pre preorder whatever the heck it was, the emails are going out now. Unfortunately they can't be shared at the bottom it says:

If URL is shared with others and they attempt to use it, you may be locked out of the order system.

Good luck, hope you get one!!

Edit: after this debacle I expect MS preorders to go MUCH smoother next week!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

NEStalgia

@redd214 That's my last hope this round. Yeah i signed up both players with accounts here. No emails yet. Not sure what criteria they are using. I haven't played ps this year as much as xb and nsw. If you got your email I'm guessing that means i wasn't selected. Well.. Of not tomorrow morning, maybe .nov12 or else maybe next may or June.

I'm seriously hoping ms orders are smoother. I really don't know how they'll handle the long time it takes to process all access orders with credit checks etc... That could make this look like a dream. If ms orders go smooth i may end up swearing off (and at) Sony this gen and buying late after the inevitable slim after all. The sign up invitations are the one hour hope i have that they aren't incompetent boobs after all.

NEStalgia

OorWullie

I can't believe they have the audacity to charge €80 for their top games. Add on DLC and each game is going to run upwards of €100. I really hope that comes back to bite them on the ass, and gamers flock to the Series S/X and Gamepass.

With the economic outlook as it is, and it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better, I really can't see the Sony getting things all their own way this gen.

Microsoft can run with '€80 on PS5 v Free on Gamepass' for their advertising campaign.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

NotTelevision

I think the PS5 has some great games in store for the next 6-8 months but the launch titles are pretty underwhelming.

I’m a huge Souls nut and will probably buy this machine eventually just to play Demon’s Souls, but it’s a remake of a PS3 game at the end of the day. If I had a PS3 collecting dust somewhere, I’d probably just fire it up again and not go through the trouble of buy a new 400-500 buck console.

Miles Morales will be a fun 5-10 hour diversion, but not much more I’d imagine.

Overall I’m not seeing any reason to adopt this console early unless you are really desperate to get upgraded versions of your PS4 library.

NotTelevision

Zuljaras

@NotTelevision Same here. I love that Miles Morales and Hogwarts are coming to PS4 as well.

But I wonder when or IF Xbox and PS5 would get PRO versions. They market them with their power. So more powerful models would be weird.

Zuljaras

Octane

@OorWullie I expect Game Pass will see an increase in price soon enough as well. Maybe not right now, but in 6 or 12 months from now when they have a good amount of people on board.

However, personally I'm not a big fan of the concept. It sounds good on paper; but it's still 180 a year, and they get to decide when you can and cannot play games. I like most of my stuff physical anyway. So digital games need to be a lot cheaper, and a rental service needs to be incredibly cheap for me to consider it. I'd definitely only sign up for the month a new game is coming out. The main problem is that MS doesn't have Horizon, God of War, Ratchet & Clank, etc.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Yeah but the good thing about gamepass is you can either use it as a permanent subscription service, or as a kind of temporary digital rental service for big first party Xbox games.

I use it as the latter. I'm not currently subscribed to it. Then when Halo Infinite comes out, I'll pay for 1 month's gamepass in order to play Halo Infinite. I'll complete it within the month and then cancel my subscription. Then for games I'd like to replay in the future, I just wait until they come down in price before buying a digital version.

Without that available as a way of playing big first party stuff, I probably wouldn't buy a digital Xbox console at all. I'm just not gonna be willing to buy many digital games full price otherwise.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy Yeah, that's the only positive thing, but it does kinda feel like an exploit.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Octane

Anyway, I've decided to pre-order one anyway. I can always cancel. The price for the hardware is very good. I just hope the games come down in price, and if not, I just wait a couple of months.

Octane

gcunit

I'm not into the big boys enough to have picked up on this - how do the two digital boxes compare and why is the XSS so much cheaper than the PS5 equivalent?

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NEStalgia

@redd214 I think...THINK I got it! BUT I also think there's a high probability my preorder gets cancelled.

I managed to get it at BB. WMT removed the listing entirely, TGT says sold out, check back Nov, GS is so over it they removed PS5 from their front page scroll and replaced it with Mario 35 again Amazon just has the "we don't know when/if" line.

BB kept doing weeeeeirrdd things with the listing. Not available to ship. Pickup only. Can't order. Can order but can't put in cart. Can put in cart, but can't check out. Can check out, get all the way through PayPal login, but then it says it's no longer available to ship. Then tried again and the cart didn't load. Then tried on my laptop instead of phone and the cart gave a total error page that BB was down (but it worked on phone.)

Sooo...what I ended up with is a single preorder with BOTH a digital and disc version in it. I wanted 2 units for the house (Game sharing had BETTER work still!) - I was all set on digital for the $200 total savings. But the higher game costs for the handful of games I might not need accessible on both systems still tempted me on disc for the option of used. SO....split the difference, save $100, get one of each. Done.

So...I spent $100 more than I planned..... But that's ok. BUT there's still the significant probable issue that BB shouldn't have been selling any at all right now and don't have them, thus cancelling Nov 8 or so. OR because it's an order for 2 consoles and it really ought to be limit 1 of all types....they'll cancel as an invalid order.

So tentatively on paper, I've actually got them both! But I don't know in reality if it'll actually stay that way through launch. I've had GS cancel that console preorder once. We'll see how BB does. They canceled a washing machine on me once....long story....

Thanks again for all your help!

We'll see how we fare next week! (and this order) My aim is 1 SeX bought outright and 1 bought with XAA. Not sure how well that will work with limited preorders. And no idea I'll end up approved as I keep such a minimal credit history through dislike of credit, I've been rejected for things due to insufficient history before shrug. But $1500 of new consoles sounds better than $2000 of new consoles up front if they do it and have enough inventory to last through signup. And I'd probably keep GP anyway.

NEStalgia

Octane

@gcunit Digital PS5 is just a PS5 without a disc drive. But the Series S is not only digital-only, but also has lower specs.

Octane

Dezzy

gcunit wrote:

I'm not into the big boys enough to have picked up on this - how do the two digital boxes compare and why is the XSS so much cheaper than the PS5 equivalent?

The PS5 digital version is identical to the physical in every way except for lack of disc drive. The Xbox Series S, on the other hand, has a slightly weaker CPU, a smaller hard drive, and a much weaker GPU than the Series X. It's deliberately intended to be the budget version of a next-gen console.

They're saying the Series S is designed to basically run the same next-gen games at a lower resolution (either 1440p or 1080p), but I would guess there will be a few performance differences too, like slightly higher and more consistent framerates on the Series X.

Octane wrote:

I just hope the games come down in price, and if not, I just wait a couple of months.

And that's why I'd never buy the digital PS5 version. At those game prices for something you can't resell, I'd probably only buy about 1 AAA game a year.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

I think is funny to see Series S is weaker than Series X while PS5 both model are same machines with same power specs.

My Favorite Rhythm games
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Pop'n Music
5. Beatmania IIDX
6. MaiMai
7. Taiko no Tatsujin
8. Dance Evolution
9. Sound Voltex
10. Mambo-A-Gogo

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic