Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,601 to 12,620 of 16,083

Dezzy

@BlueOcean

Yeah me too. XV Royal Edition is my favourite game in the series since FF10. I dunno if this will surpass it. I think the fact that the story isn't finished will probably mean I don't truly appreciate FF7 Remake until it's all out, in 10 years time probably.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

I can't wait to play through it and then replay the original because I'll want to continue the story, haha.

Though I heard some interesting things about a late game situation, and I can't wait to see what people mean

TuVictus

Dezzy

@TuVictus

Apparently they have made some pretty big changes to the story, so you might not be able to do that.

TuVictus

Oh yeah, spoiled myself since I was curious. Looking forward to playing it myself

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Dezzy

@TuVictus

Why would you do that? Don't you want to play it and see what happens?

TuVictus

@Dezzy because I don't care about it enough to go in blind. After I read what people meant about the final act, I'm still playing it for myself, lol

Unrelated, but there's lots of interesting RE8 rumors coming out lately. Not sure about their credibility, but I'm hopeful the 1st person camera one is true, which I don't see why it wouldn't be. I just thought it worked really well in RE7

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

RR529

@redd214, if that's real it doesn't bode well for VR support (the current setup uses the controller's light bar for tracking, which this seems to be lacking).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

redd214

@RR529 it's real, check the link. Still has light bar. They've already stated that current PSVR headsets will work with the ps5 so I doubt there would be any issues.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

TuVictus

Looks pretty neat, like the default color scheme already

TuVictus

RR529

redd214 wrote:

@RR529 it's real, check the link. Still has light bar. They've already stated that current PSVR headsets will work with the ps5 so I doubt there would be any issues.

I hope so, the new light bar looks so thin.

Otherwise I do love the look. Looks very sleek & high tech.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

@redd214 Can't decide if it looks 2020 futuristic or 2010 futuristic. Looks neat, but give me an all black one. I kinda miss the coloured buttons though.

Octane

Octane

@redd214 That looks pretty cool. I'm certain they will be available at some point.

Octane

Dezzy

Kinda feels like they just deliberately change the controllers a bit so it feels new. Is there any improved functionality here? Or has the PS4 controller already reached the apex?

redd214

@Octane of course, it'll be available in every color under the sun in due time. People are freaking out about the two tone though of course

redd214

JaxonH

I don’t follow PS that much nowadays, but I did just see the controller and wanted to share some thoughts.:

I like it. Ya.

I’m not really sold on the two tone design? It doesn’t look horribly bad, but it just seems a little... off. I immediately thought an all black one would look much better but after seeing that mock up, Im not so sure. The design itself is kind of made with a separate strip for the different colored area so they would probably need to blend that together more like a traditional controller for it to look normal.

But no matter. At the end of the day it’s the functionality that matters.

As for everything else, I dig it. I mean, it’s basically what you would expect. They’ve added haptics like Switch (of course we knew that was coming), dumped micro-USB for USB-C (thank God), they’ve done away with a gigantic light on the front (I say good, although this doesn’t bode well for VR fans). They kept the mouse pad which... eh? It’s never given me any use at all, even on PC. But at the end of the day it’s not really hurting anything either, so I guess I’m all for it. If nothing else it serves as a useful map button.

I assume gyro is still in. Unlike Microsoft they actually put the most innovative breakthrough of the last decade in their controllers (not that the developers use it on the system, but PS controllers do serve as a great PC controller).

I guess the one real notable addition is the programmable resistance. In theory I think it’s actually a really cool idea, and I’ll wait to reserve my final judgment until after I actually try it, but my gut tells me I really don’t want my buttons hard to push or triggers hard to pull or analogs hard to move. But we’ll see. I’m always open to try something new.

So overall... ya. It’s pretty neat. Little ugly, but as long as it’s more comfortable than the PS4 controller I’ll probably grab one for my PC (which, the PS4 controller was a pretty big upgrade over the horrid PS3 controller, but I still don’t like the 2 analogs on bottom, that said, Xbox controller does get it right in that respect, but are still a smidge too bulky and make the bumpers hard to reach- we’ll see if the Series X controller addresses that).

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Doesn't look as shapely as the DS4, the face buttons look... flat... and the lack of colors on them is really disappointing. Playstation's colored face buttons are iconic.

I like the white/black color combination, though. And the shoulder bumpers look pleasantly springy.

@JaxonH The touchpad isn't too bad if you think of it as a gigantic start button.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

JaxonH wrote:

I assume gyro is still in. Unlike Microsoft they actually put the most innovative breakthrough of the last decade in their controllers (not that the developers use it on the system, but PS controllers do serve as a great PC controller).

Lol the only time I've used the gyro in my PS4 controller is when I use it to play my Switch. Lol. That speaks volumes.

NotTelevision

I don’t like the colors much and prefer the classic design. But it doesn’t matter because they’ll have one that looks almost exactly like the DS4.

I’ve never had any major problems with the DS4, but you pretty much need to buy another controller out the box because the battery dies so quick. So I usually have the other controller charging while I’m playing games.

There is a fishing side quest in RDR2 that requires you spin the left thumb stick so fast I could almost hear it screaming out in pain. The joycon probably would’ve straight up shattered under the stress, but anyway since then the L3 button on the DS doesn’t seem to be as “clickly”. So durability is an issue with the DS4.

The battery and durability issues will likely be solved with this new controller.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic