Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 10,701 to 10,720 of 16,083

MsJubilee

40 dollars for a game that's set in the same map that was in the last game. Ooh boy that doesn't ring any alarms. What worse we got some hideous looking villains(generic to say the least), and everything is pink. Why is everything pink?

Off topic. Recently beat The Last Of Us. Decent game. Had it's moments, but that's pretty much it. But like hell it's no masterpiece. Might buy part 2 when ever that comes out, i'm actually interested in it now.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CanisWolfred

I figured Obsidian's next game would be Xbox-exclusive, but I guess it's coming to PS4 and Steam, according to the trailer. I like the look of it, and its sense of humor. And thanks to Fallout 76, I've seen plenty of reasons why Obsidian has done the RPG part of Fallout better than Bethesda, so maybe I'll have a solid chance of enjoying it, especially since most of my complaints with New Vegas turned out to be holdovers from Fallout 3 that I didn't recognize until I took off my rose-tinted glasses.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

The Outer Worlds struck me as a sort of spiritual successor to New Vegas. I'm done with Bethesda, but I might give this a chance.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

MsJubilee wrote:

and everything is pink. Why is everything pink?

Lol your avatar is princess peach.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Ralizah Wow, it is literally Fallout, isn't it? With the 60s/70s theme, they're even using an old classic song in their trailer like the Fallout games. Timing is perfect with the trainwreck that is Fallout 76. I kinda like the art style. If it doesn't play like any other broken Bethesda game I'll put it on my wishlist, I'm kinda interested now.

I just learned Ashen had become an Xbox exclusive. That kinda sucks, because I was looking forward to it...

Anyway, other highlights of the show from what I've seen are Among Tree and The Last Campfire:

The Last Campfire was pretty much the last thing I expected from Hello Games.

Octane

BrainOfGrimlock

So so happy to see Obsidian getting some love - they’ve been the nearly but not quite dev company for as long as I can remember! So many of their games have been almost epic - either rushed due to ridiculous deadlines (KOTOR 2, New Vegas), ‘great but flawed’ because of funding (Alpha Protocol), or the credit has been taken by the publisher (Ubi for South Park SoT, Bethesda for NV).

Pillars was great (as was tyranny) but they’re pretty niche in terms of style so don’t expect lots here to have played, but hopefully with the MS acquisition and this new game they’re working on they’ll get the recognition AND the platform they need to make a true landmark title (a bit like Larian did with Divinity OS2)!

BrainOfGrimlock

Ralizah

@Octane I've been wanting another Obsidian-developed 3D Fallout game for years. I'll never get that, but this... is close enough, I think. But they have no excuses now. No Bethesda to hide behind if the game is a buggy mess.

Only other game of theirs I've played is Stick of Truth. It's definitely a solid RPG, although I think I enjoy that moreso because it's such a perfect little reflection of the South Park universe.

CanisWolfred

When I saw that The Pathless was from the Abzu devs, I braced myself for another aimless arthouse piece, but to my shock and surprise, after watching the trailer and reading the synopsis, it appears that it's actually a game! With clearly set objectives for the player to complete, and consequences for failer that give weight to the player's actions and allow for a genuine sense of accomplishment! My, how far Giant Squid has come! I'll be keeping an eye on, as I certainly like the art style they're going for, and gameplay reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus in all the right ways.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp curious about the Far Cry 5 spin off. (hope the ending is better than 5)

Meh about the new Dragon Age (I'm sure I'll get it but after DA:I it will be after it goes on sale a million times and they better not use the keep) but I'm glad they are continuing the DA:I story instead of another crisis set in the same universe with after effects bleeding into the next sequel the same way the rest of the series is.

MassFall I mean um The Outer Worlds looks good and it has the dialogue type that I prefer in RPGs (which alone is enough to make me buy it at this point...I'm so sick of voiced protags and dialogue wheels where I don't know what will be said.) and it looks less.."pile of rubble and nothingness with the occasional pocket town" that was fallout 4.

But to be honest I'll likely get all this stuff much later after release. I have 100 games on switch now so I'm going to make a valiant effort to hammer my backlog until Three Houses comes out.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama That's about my plan. Work on the backlog until either Three Houses or Animal Crossing releases. Or something exciting that we don't know about yet (PIKMIN!)

I was planning on getting RE2 at launch, but I'll be gone on vacation when it first comes out, and if I don't get to participate in the initial excitement of a new game, then I'll just wait until it gets discounted later in the year. I can almost guarantee it'll drop to at least $39.99 before the end of the year.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah I'm just as bad. Spiderman was my most hyped 3rd party game of the year...bought it day one...still in shrinkwrap and my ps4 is in a box somewhere. So I realized I'm just throwing away money, lol. I'm also repacking all my systems and games (I am working on a database for my inventory) and I may be switching jobs soon anyway, so I won't be in front of my monitor much anyway. The only game I've been able to keep playing on the Twins is AC:Sparta and that is more because I want a specific armor set and I'm not giving ubisoft more money so I keep grinding the in game store currency. I'm sure once I move and get my setup back I'll have game nights and catch up on all the big(ger) stuff but in the meantime I can save a few bucks and take a torch to the backlog. Also I just got diablo III...so my life is lost.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama Good call.

I recently cataloged what I have access to and ordered it in tiers according to how much I was looking forward to playing the games. Invariably, the stuff near the bottom came in bundles or was so cheap that I wouldn't be torn up if I never got around to them anyway. That sort of organization allows you to distinguish the stuff you're actually excited to play from the stuff that you vaguely feel an obligation to play because you spent money on it.

I might make an exception if there's a good sale on the Spyro trilogy or something (it's so gosh-darned cute!), but otherwise, it's all backlog and PS+ for me.

The real temptation for me will be if PSVR gets another good discount soon. I'm kind of eager to play Tetris and RE7 in VR.

Edited on by Ralizah

NEStalgia

@redd214 cool, that's in line with "stand alone expansion pack", and it takes place starting in hope county, and the nukes are hinted at being related to "Father"..... With the theme and pricing as stand alone expansion, i can support this.

NEStalgia

MsJubilee

Dezzy wrote:

MsJubilee wrote:

and everything is pink. Why is everything pink?

Lol your avatar is princess peach.

@Dezzy Okay? That doesn't go with my comment. Peach is a character from a kids game, nothing more nothing less. Far Cry Dawn of Pink is a matured title trying to tell a story. Dawn isn't Rage 2 where they just added pink cause it's stupid looking and the game isn't taking itself so seriously.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

diwdiws

@MsJubilee whats the problem if theres pink? Far Cry Blood Dragon is neon no one seems to have a problem with it.

Edited on by diwdiws

diwdiws

Dezzy

@MsJubilee
I know, I was just joking that it'd be funny for princess peach to say that. It wasn't meant to be a serious argument.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@MsJubilee I'm not sure far cry has taken itself any more seriously then rage since far cry 2: malaria edition. It pretends to for moments. Fc5 opens like a legit survival horror mixed with ghost recon. Then it's just rednecks blowing stuff up.

NEStalgia

CanisWolfred

Don't forget how campy Far Cry 3 & 4 could be. I mean, sure, they were probably more than a little inspired by Rage 2...and I'd still rather just play Rage 2....and Far Cry Neon was mostly cool because it was short, cheap, and added some much-needed color to an industry that was quickly forgetting that there's an entire spectrum outside of various shades of brown. An era we've mostly moved beyond.

...Yeah, okay, I'll admit it: I don't see the point of Far Cry: New Dawn. It just kind of looks generic, and I'll probably ignore it until it's, like, 10 bucks down the road.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic