Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 10,721 to 10,740 of 16,084

RR529

Decided to buy DQXI before it goes off sale. I won't get to it immediately, but I'm pretty excited.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

Well, I picked up Monster Hunter: World. it was sealed and $20. That was too good for me to pass up.

Besides, I have PS+ now, so I might as well take advantage of this heavily online-oriented game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

Octane

@Ralizah But the real question is, are you going to play it, or is it going to end up in your backlog?

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Play it. Slowly, but I intend to start it as soon as it arrives. No point in just adding to my backlog. I'll just make it one of the games I cycle through over the next several months.

Octane

@Ralizah That's good to know. I'm interested to know what you think of it.

I like the "game" part of MH, but when it throws all these menus, items, and menus at me, that's where it loses me. Give me BOTW's menus instead!

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Yeah, I'll definitely be posting my thoughts on the game.

Unless something has changed substantially from the 3DS ones, there shouldn't be much to worry about other than items you take with you on a hunt, upgrade materials for new armor/weapons, and stuff you attach to said armor/weapons to give you different skills.

Edited on by Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Ralizah More streamlined than the 3DS ones, more modern. Somehow the MHGU hardcore hates World on this forum I happen to like it but I never play it because I buy MH for coop and the coop is FUBAR in World. It seems designed more for online randoms than for friends.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia That... sounds perfect for me, actually. I almost never do online mp, and when I do, it's without a headset.

Also, apparently it's easier to solo this one. Which is also perfect for me.

Octane

@NEStalgia I play it as a single player, but that's where World gets annoying. It's the only game that asks me if I'm sure I don't want an online sub lol. You have to create an online group, and then play in it by yourself. It's weird. Like I said, the menus still need a massive overhaul, everything is so convoluted and overly complex. And the time limit is a bit annoying IMO. The actual game is a good game though, it's just the presentation at times.

Octane

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Haha, yeah, I never do online randoms, and I don't use voice chat for any reason ever I do like to do coop games locally even if it's online coop (2 Switches, PS4s, X1's in the house for 2 players.) That's a lot of fun and voice chat doesn't involve a stupid boom mic Basically....Japan-style multiplayer.... MHGU and the 3DS MH's were build around that. Even the PSP MHs were. Inexplicably MHW breaks that local coop that was the whole backbone of MH since...forever.

MHW online is based on sending a flare to "summon" randos from the village to help out, but otherwise is a solo game until after you beat stuff and can coop it. Though previous MH wasn't any "easier" or "harder" to solo, you just had two different "campaigns", one for solo, and one for team. MHW has only one "campaign" and scrapped a dedicated team campaign.

@Octane Yeah, the "it's automatically online and all lobbies are online lobbies by default" thing is just bizarre and annoying. Especially since the online sucks.

"everything is so convoluted and overly complex"
So....it's kinda like Monster Hunter?

Edit: I can't believe that with the game's huge success Capcom hasn't been a little ore proactive at refitting the game with some of it's failings like the coop and menus. Didn't they learn from SFV?

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia Nah, the fans don't like logical and simple menus, too casual

Octane

diwdiws

@NEStalgia huh? It does have coop? Just creat a session and share the session code with your group or just straight up invite them thru the PSN friend menu

diwdiws

NEStalgia

@diwdiws which you can only do after both of you complete the mission solo. Meaning to play coop you have do both play the mission twice. (Or try to meet with a help flare if one of you already beat it. It's pretty messed up.). I never expected it was that borked until spending an hour trying to coop. After thati just went to MHGU.

NEStalgia

diwdiws

@NEStalgia fair enough, though you beth dont really have to complete the mission, just watched the opening cinematics until the game tells you that its ok to deploy flares. I don’t particularly find this bothersome since most of my coops are just for hunting temepered monsters.

diwdiws

NEStalgia

@diwdiws I've heard that buti can't figure out how it works. If you haven't completed it, you can't join into the flare since you haven't done the cinematics yet either, and if you have completed it, you can't join in at start. Maybe you can respond to flared, but that still means I've person has to play alone to be able to coop and replay it. I know they wanted to be sure players are ofa certain skill before playing ata certain level, but making coop anything other than "let's Hunt together". Makes no sense, plus it's directly tied to the always online default octane mentioned. Ugh! Cool game, but I'm grateful for mhgu with a real guild Hall

NEStalgia

diwdiws

@NEStalgia its simple actually, as long as both players reached the point of the mission where they can call for a flare, both players in the same session can finish the mission coop. For example in the nergigante fight (based on my cloudy memory) after you locate nergigante there will be a cinematic, then you fight nergigante for a short time then he will make a staged retreat then the game tells you that you now can deploy a flare, at this point even though you haven’t completed the mission you can join anyone who have reached the same point or have completed the mission.

diwdiws

NEStalgia

@diwdiws i remember something about that, and that's probably the best explanation I've seen. Might give it a try again with that process. Though...... Having mhgu now without the oddness, and some of the hardcore mh enthusiasts here in nl being pretty emphatic that gu is the better game overall, I'm probably better off with it. But world still intrigues me.

NEStalgia

Cobalt

Guys,

I think Sony STOLE the mythical sound of the PSX intro...to a song from 1978 o_O

00:00 first part
05:53 second part

Cobalt

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic