Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 10,141 to 10,160 of 16,083

EvilLucario

Remember the PS3/360 era where framerates were regularly like 20fps or crap like that? We went from generally 60fps games of the PS2/GameCube era to rock-bottom framerates as if it were the N64/PS1 era.

Urgh.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

FragRed

@EvilLucario I think the problem we are seeing with games over the past couple of generations is this need to put graphics and “realism” above everything else which means the need for more power and less concerns on FPS and resolution etc.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

-Green-

I was thinking lately, and I remembered something very saddening. A lot of the PlayStation franchises that I loved have essentially been put to bed. Jak and Daxter and Sly Cooper were some of my favorite series as a kid and it just sucks that they’re kind of done, albeit Jak more so than Sly.

Naughty Dog basically saying that they were to mature for Jak now was also a bit of an ouch. Not like there maturity helped them when making Nathan Drake and Uncharted.

Personally, realism tends to bore me, as people usually try to be super realistic with games that look as such. A lot of the time it kind of just goes into gruff dads and angry people. At least in Sly Cooper I can lie to myself while watching a raccoon hit people with a stick.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

It's an interesting question; does a platform need a mascot? It seems like Sony is just using their most recent games to promote the PS4; currently Spider-Man, God of War, etc. And it's working out for them. I guess there are some games like LittleBigPlanet, MLB and Everybody's Golf that span multiple consoles, but I also think it's a good thing they're encouraging their devs to try out something new. Many of their games are also one offs, like The Last Guardian, Detroit, Bloodborne, Shadow of the Colossus; I don't expect any of those games to get a direct sequel. And out of their upcoming games; Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, I can't see all of them getting a direct sequel either. Spider-Man 2? It's possible, but I could also see Insomniac moving to another project. I also think we won't see another Uncharted game in a good while.

Octane

TuVictus

So target started their buy 2 get 1 free today. The bf and I picked up a total of 6 games. 2 copies of Monster hunter world, 2 of monster hunter switch, Detroit become human, and soul caliber VI.

And so many games coming in November as well. My gaming budget is blown to bits

TuVictus

Dezzy

EvilLucario wrote:

Remember the PS3/360 era where framerates were regularly like 20fps or crap like that? We went from generally 60fps games of the PS2/GameCube era to rock-bottom framerates as if it were the N64/PS1 era.

Urgh.

I think you're remembering PS2 with rose-tinted lenses. It wasn't generally 60fps at all. It was a fairly small handful of games. Same with every gen.
The most advanced games are almost never 60fps. Shadow of Colossus was 30fps. Final Fantasy 12 was 30fps. Metal Gear Solid 3 was 30fps.
It's maybe slightly more common with Nintendo games because they push for style over technical advancement.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

Um... sorry.
I still have conflict in my mind about my PS4, whether i want to sell it due to negativity about PS4 that still in my mind or keep the PS4 no matter what.

At this rate, with just only 3 games left, i felt my PS4 was just looked Useless.
But, at the same time i still keep 2 Best games for me (The Sims 4 & Portal Knights) & too Bad if i have to throw away those games since i have tried to find the USA version of Portal Knights PS4 & played on last year and for the Sims 4, i tried so hard to get the Deluxe Party Edition.
When i remembered my last efforts to get those Best games before i bought PS4 Slim, i cannot throw away my PS4 Slim White despite i still kept my negativity in my heart about Sony & PS4. You know, the pain that still hurt in my heart but i have to deal with the games i like most on the machine i hate most. What should i do ?

Anti-Matter

EvilLucario

@Dezzy When we got to the end of the generation it started to slip, but there were a ton of 60fps games like Metroid Prime, Metal Gear Solid 2, Devil May Cry, Dynasty Warriors, Jak and Daxter, etc, and it was definitely a selling point during the early days. Maybe it's rose-tinted lenses but there were definitely far more 60fps games back then than there was during the 360/PS3 era and even now (at least on console).

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

DuskformLycanroc

@Anti-Matter I went through the same thing this summer with my PS4. I don’t hate it, Utd I only got it to play Kingdom Hearts and wasn’t sure if that was a good enough reason to keep it despite the new game coming in January(so excited!!!!). I didn’t play it much as I always wanted to play my Nintendo consoles instead. In the end I decided to keep it as I didn’t know what I’d want to spend the trade in money on anyway. I’ve made an effort to play it more and I’m glad I did. It’s dufferent to Nintendo but I still enjoy it for what it is and the games it lets me play. If the game is going to come out on switch (i.e announced) I can wait otherwise I’ll get it on PS4. I have since bought another PS4 game (Ni no Kuni 2) and there are a couple more I want.

In the end it’s down to you and how you feel about it. Personally, I don’t hate any console I just accept not everything is for me. If your not ok with owning a PS4 sell it and find other ways to enjoy the games or keep it and realise it’s not a big deal only owning it for 1 or 2 games if they make you happy 😊

3DS FC 5387-0811-6168

Ralizah

@Anti-Matter Why not sell your PS4 and buy a decent PC? Even a mid-range rig will run circles around the PS4's hardware.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CanisWolfred

PikPi wrote:

So target started their buy 2 get 1 free today. The bf and I picked up a total of 6 games. 2 copies of Monster hunter world, 2 of monster hunter switch, Detroit become human, and soul caliber VI.

And so many games coming in November as well. My gaming budget is blown to bits

I was surprised to see pre-orders available during that sale. I dunno how long it's gonna last, but I like that every game I could want from it is either already well below $60 or not out yet, with the exception of Soul Calibur Vi, which just came out. I think personally, I'll save up for potentially better deals around the holidays.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
I don't play PC games anymore, even in my heart i want to play The Sims 1 - 4 PC.
Beside, i have old PC for working / drawing since 2010 & i didn't upgrade the internal since my PC oftenly crash and i lost my datas several times.

Anti-Matter

Matthew010

@Cobalt Is that Red Dead Redemption 2? Visually it looks very nice, but no, I couldn't care less about ever playing it.

Edited on by Matthew010

Matthew010

Anti-Matter

@Cobalt
Dude, please !
I HATE every rated 18+ games !
Don't offer me such a game like that !
I don't care if that game popular or not.
Did you even know what is my gaming taste ?
I'm looking for Kiddie / Cartoonish / Lesser Action games.
Less Realistic, More Cartoonish.

Anti-Matter

CanisWolfred

Yeah, more vibrant and stylistic visuals are usually what I prefer. My memory is very visually oriented, so more visually distinct -> more memorable -> me more likely remembering it exists and playing it, and hopefully enjoying it. And of course, it helps them stand out more when I'm looking for new stuff to play. Realistic and technically impressive games tend to blend in more, especially nowadays where there are just...so many. Good on all the people making them and pushing the envelop, but personally, it doesn't excite me enough to want to pick them over other games. Plus, I have a general bais towards fantasy and science fiction that borders on obsession, which might have more to do with it in retrospect, but I'm just saying that this applies to all media I consume.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

@Cobalt

Are those on regular PS4 or PS4pro?

diwdiws

@Dezzy per comparisons and reviews it seems assets, details and effects wise all systems are the same other than resolution. So with a picture that size there would be bo difference between base ps4 and pro

diwdiws

Dezzy

@diwdiws

That's definitely not true. The Digital Foundry analysis showed clear differences in terms of texture detail and the amount of alpha blending too (alpha blending determines how accurate transparent textures are).

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic