Forums

Topic: Niantic Confirms Harry Potter AR Game for 2018

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

Deku-Scrub

Yup, you read that right, this is what Niantic has been doing on the side of Pokemon Go development. Here's a quote from the blog post posted today:

"We're incredibly excited to announce this next step in the evolution of AR mobile entertainment. With Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, players that have been dreaming of becoming real life Wizards will finally get the chance to experience J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World. Players will learn spells, explore their real world neighborhoods and cities to discover & fight legendary beasts and team up with others to take down powerful enemies. We're thrilled to partner with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and WB Games San Francisco’s development team to bring this magical and beloved series to life in a brand new way. Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will leverage the full stack of the Niantic Platform while also providing an opportunity to pioneer all new technology and gameplay mechanics."

So from the sounds of it it may be a bit more similar to Ingress rather than Pokemon Go, and no doubt this will be almost as big as Pokemon Go was back in July 2016 when it releases. Also interestingly stated later it sounds like Warner Bros.'s gaming studios will be having a decent amount of impact on the game, so perhaps things won't be as much of an utter train wreck like Pokemon Go's lack of updates and late bug fixes.

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Tyranexx

This reads like it'll be awesome on paper. I'm cautiously optimistic, and I know someone who will flip out in sheer joy when I tell them about this.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

toaf

but why Niantic.....someone else should do it

toaf

Joeynator3000

It'll be called Harry Potter G-...oh, they already named it...ugh.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TuVictus

Sounds pretty exciting. Can't wait to see what they do with it

TuVictus

Octane

@NintenNinja16 More influence from Warner Bros. is never a good thing. It just means the micro-transactions will be more expensive.

Octane

Bunkerneath

So they have the servers to cope with this? After the fiasco of the San Diego event, i'm not too sure

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Haru17

Just take Niantic and AR out of the title and I might remember this in three years' time.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.