Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,099

LordTendoboy

TokyoRed wrote:

@WaltzElf, after the food for thought that you and Mickeymac gave me yesterday in regards to 'iGaming' being true handheld gaming or not I decided to give it a go for one last time. I ventured into the Apple App Store and decided to take a look at the RPG's and that's when I stumbled across Chillingo's 'Emberwind'. The game is so excellent that I was deeply intertwined into it that I forgot about my iPod Touch's battery level and I played it until my iPod suddenly died on me. I hit the sacks afterward. It was like nearly 11:00 PM. That's how long I played. In fact, this game is just as good as if not better than Sierra's The Hobbit!

Untitled

If I manage to finish this game before the weekend is over I'll write up a short review of it for 'Digitally Downloaded'.

Thanks again WaltzElf, if it weren't for your words and those of Mickeymac yesterday I'd be missing out on this game!

For more on the game click here: http://www.chillingo.com/sku.htm?sid=80167

Chillingo also made "Cut the Rope". If you like physics-based puzzle games, I highly suggest you try it out.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

LordTendoboy

I just went to Chillingo's website, and at the bottom it says (C) 2011 Electronic Arts. EA owns Chillingo? Since when?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

retired_account

Gameloft pulled Let's Golf and Let's Golf 2 from the App Store in favor of their freemium modeled Let's Golf 3. Kinda pisses me off. :/

@Waltz: How are the controls in NyxQuest?

Edit: Just googled for NyxQuest iPad review and digitally download's review was on the first page. Very cool!

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Bankai

pixelman wrote:

Gameloft pulled Let's Golf and Let's Golf 2 from the App Store in favor of their freemium modeled Let's Golf 3. Kinda pisses me off. :/

@Waltz: How are the controls in NyxQuest?

Edit: Just googled for NyxQuest iPad review and digitally download's review was on the first page. Very cool!

NyxQuest controls really well on iPad - mostly because the traditional controls it requires are limited - you only need buttons for walking left and right and jumping. The touch screen is in most ways superior to the WiiMote for this game's gesture controls.

I really recommend it. Espcially since it's so cheap on the 'Pad.

ASDFGHJKL

OMG OMG OMG iBlast Moki 2 is coming into sight! Must.....resist....NO! I must buy this!

Oh and Rage is free atm. I have not tried it myself, but I have to say it sure is a pretty one. It is very near to IB as far as technically advanced graphics go, and the art style uses the hardware quite well.

Anomaly looks rather sweet as well. Might be fun to try, as it does something different in a genre plagued by repetition.

After all this time, Forget Me Not is a small indie game I actually continuously return to. It is not very popular, but I very much recommend it. This is the right way to create new retro arcade experiences on iOS and is a blast to play. It brings rogue-like, an improved pacman, and a shoot-em-up aspects into a very delicious experience.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Oh thanks for the tip on Rage Gabe. Downloading both versions now.

retired_account

Bankai

Anomaly looks rather sweet as well. Might be fun to try, as it does something different in a genre plagued by repetition.

Nah, don't. It's still a tower defense game. It's just that here the 'towers' move and the monsters don't. It's actually not even that good as a tower defense game.

Edited on by Bankai

ASDFGHJKL

WaltzElf wrote:

Nah, don't. It's still a tower defense game. It's just that here the 'towers' move and the monsters don't. It's actually not even that good as a tower defense game.

Hmm, I guess that's a shame. At least it's pretty. Unfortunately, that's not good enough.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Aralon: Sword and Shadow is only 99 cents right now, which is an absolute steal. Just picked it up and it's pretty good so far!

I also picked up Contre Jour and Pirates!, both of which are really solid so far.

retired_account

retired_account

Contre Jour is the best puzzle platformer physics thingamagame I've ever played. It's drop dead gorgeous and consistently brilliant.

I'm liking Aralon too. It's a bit rough, but fun at its core.

I'm shamelessly addicted to Sid Meier's Pirates... Like. I don't even care to count the number of hours I've played it since I bought it a couple days ago. My only complaint is that it can feel monotonous at times. It's also running surprisingly well - it's only crashed on me once or twice.

retired_account

Magi

I think I'm the only WP7 user here. lol

Late to the party, but Minsweeper and Sudoku are free downloads and have Xbox Live Achievements.

Magi

Kingbuilder

WaltzElf wrote:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/anomaly-warzone-earth

User Score: 5.4, yet it has about as high of rating as Ocarina of Time from the reviewers. Paid reviews, perhaps?

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Bankai

Kingbuilder wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/anomaly-warzone-earth

User Score: 5.4, yet it has about as high of rating as Ocarina of Time from the reviewers. Paid reviews, perhaps?

sighs Paid reviews don't happen. There's some very isolated cases, but certainly not for a small-fry iOS release.

People have different opinions about the game. I scored it 2.5/5, but that had nothing to do with not being paid. I personally know the people that work at some of those publications that did give it 10/10, and they don't take money from publishers.

Edited on by Bankai

Lan

I pay NL reviewers to give out 10s on games I like

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

retired_account

Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting is on sale for $0.99 right now. It's surprisingly fun – a bit finicky, but fun. Well worth a buck. :3

retired_account

JonWahlgren

Firemint's (of Flight Control fame) new title Spy Mouse is this week's featured app at Starbucks. I nabbed a couple of codes while I was there and figured I'd spare someone the trip. It's really fun too!

US only:

LME4XJYL9PRP
TYHYN4RJHEHW

If you claim one let everyone know.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.