Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,099

retired_account

^ I didn't know that. That explains the Brothers in Arms game, then.

Say what you will about Gameloft, but I'm really happy that I have some of their games on my iPad. I'm sure the games they're riffing are much better, but then again, Gameloft's games aren't 60 bucks a pop either. And like Gabe said, their games are getting progressively better.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

WaltzElf wrote:

Their later games have been getting better, and hopefully one day they will try something a little more original

They won't. Original games are handled by Ubisoft. Gameloft is wholely owned by Ubi, don't forget.

I admit I did not know that. That does clarify a lot.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

What the crap, Eternal Legacy is out TODAY. As in right now. I thought it was supposed to be out next year! O_o

iPad version isn't out yet, though. Oh yeah, and Rayman 2 is free for today only.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

CanisWolfred

pixelman wrote:

What the crap, Eternal Legacy is out TODAY. As in right now. I thought it was supposed to be out next year! O_o

iPad version isn't out yet, though. Oh yeah, and Rayman 2 is free for today only.

I'll wait for the review, but thanks for the info. Is Rayman 2 on the iPhone any good?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

I played it a little and it seems alright. I have to play it in 2x since I'm on my iPad, though, so the controls are too big. I'd definitely recommend checking it out since it's free, haha. :3

retired_account

CanisWolfred

pixelman wrote:

I played it a little and it seems alright. I have to play it in 2x since I'm on my iPad, though, so the controls are too big. I'd definitely recommend checking it out since it's free, haha. :3

I probably will, thanks.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

I'm tempted to try to buy the first copy of Infinity Blade tomorrow, lol. Anyone know what time games go live on the App Store?

retired_account

retired_account

Awesome awesomeness. I already can't wait for GameCenter multiplayer, lol. I heard somewhere that the update will be on or right after New Year's.

retired_account

ReddLionz

Speaking of GameCenter Multiplayer, who got the update for Flight Control?

EDIT: Currently downloading Rayman 2. We'll see how this turns out...

Edited on by ReddLionz

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

retired_account

World of Goo is going to be out on the iPad on the 16th for 9.99, if TouchArcade is to be believed. I'm going to be so broke by New Year's, it's not even funny.

Oh, and Dungeon Hunter 2 is out tomorrow, and it has online co-op.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

I read that. THey said they "might" make an iPhone version, which would be amazing.

Eternal Legacy does not look that bad actually. The graphics and gameplay seem good. It THe character design and voice acting look hideous. What is with all the RPGs, btw?

Im waiting for: NOVA2, Infinity Blade, Real Racing 2, Starfront, Game Dev Story 2, and whatever Indie game looks interesting.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Infinity Blade is out as soon as December 9th comes around, wherever you are. I'm in CST, so that might mean It'll be out at 10 here. If that's true, then that'll be wicked, lol. Waltz says he's downloading it right now.

NOVA 2 is at the top of my iWishlist. :3

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

iWhishlist....I swear Apple has a trademark for that somewhere.

Lucky Waltz...yeah, Im in CST as well.

Rayman 2 is not that bad. The porting is good enough. THe game feels a bit dated, but still fun. (I was secretly hoping for 2D gameplay, which was always my fav Rayman)

This month seems to be big in iOS gaming, which is good cause I cant play my Wii ftm, (or until I buy a new one ) Plus, games really give you bang for your buck

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

"I was secretly hoping for 2D gameplay"

I was too, dang it. It's not very good, pretty boring so far. Seems like a Donkey Kong 64 riff. And yeah, this month is huge for iOS.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Yeah, the gameplay isnt exactly very fun or exciting. I still want some impressions on it. To me it seems more like an RPG version of Punch Out.

ASDFGHJKL

Bankai

Yeah, so I downloaded it and played the first couple of battles, so initial impressions:

Visually, it's incredible on the iPad. Ultra-detailed, stunning character animation. The music's good too - creates a nice, tense feel to what you're doing. Though you can't move your character around, you can look around the environments by manipulating the camera - this is an excellent experince.

The combat is decent, too. Basically, you use timed swipes and taps on the screen to dodge, parry, and block your opponents until they leave a window of opening for you to attack, and then you go beserk and do as much damage as you can before the enemy gets his guard back up. It works well, and is surprisingly tactical in execution. The enemies have enough movement patterns that you'll need to be alert, and again the battles are stunningly executed.

The experience system is quite detailed, and has a good risk/ reward component to it - do you keep using the same, old equipment for the extra experience, or do you upgrade to do more damage now?

On the downside, I don't think this is the kind of game you can sit down and play for hours at a time. Exploration is limited by the lack of control you have over your character, and though challenging, the fighting is reasonably simple in execution.

Still, for $9, I'm very enthusiastic about this. Especially with the promise of more support to come in the future.

retired_account

Great impressions Waltz. Sounds exactly like I figured it'd be -- like Epic Fruit Punch-Out Ninja!!, lol.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Yeah, what I expected. Its like an overblown RPGized version of a typical pick up and play game. Still, looks really fun and the amazing graphics and presentation wrapping makes me anticipate it even more.

ASDFGHJKL

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.